Feb 20, 2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroAlbuquerque
Does any one know who is producing this devices, some on we can contact to let know about this issues and try to find if there is a fix comming ?
Yes as much as I love hobbyking i would prefer to buy from the manufacturer should any problems arise. Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2013, 07:02 PM
UK
i think we are talking a screen display issue as opposed to a failure of the device to find the correct home position..

i may have the wrong attitude but must admit to not being overly surprised when these kind of things have "bugs".. so far we have four reports of the missing longitude figure these include two having been flight tested an seeming to know where they are..

mine hasnt been flown yet but my sons has.. it seems to know where it is despite the missing longitude figure.. i would guess some kind of future firmware update will correct the problem.. its what firmware updates do.. if not i think i can live with it..

its does seem an odd problem.. hard for the makers not to notice.. sellers yes but not the people who make the thing..

trog
Feb 20, 2013, 11:03 PM
RC Man Child!
This isn't concrete but I was told from a decent source that the designer has no intensions to update the firmware. This could change if the product becomes very popular but that is what I heard from the source.
Feb 20, 2013, 11:17 PM
Un Registered User
Nice! Good price too.
Feb 21, 2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Does any one know who is producing this devices, some on we can contact to let know about this issues and try to find if there is a fix comming ?
Seems like this guy here is the designer, maybe we can him some questions here?
http://bbs.mx3g.com/forum.php?mod=vi...uthorid=224318
Feb 21, 2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Hi everybody,

There are two adicional problems I felt but not talked about not to confuse, they are:
1- the up and down indicator, jump from >5 to -4, -3...,0, -1,-2, i.e, the simbol jumps from > to - before reaching 0 !!
2 - if you enter the menu, then the clock stops, and keeps stoped after exiting menu.

Still waiting for a comment from HK on all issues.
About problem 2, i've been try to better understand the condition of failure, and a believe a misse judged it, the clock only increments if you have some throtle.
So, it's a NO PROBLEM. Sorry for the alarm, I may have caused on this one.

About problem 1, the symbol I used is wrong, it is the up and down so it is "down arrow" that jumps to "-" symbol before reaching 0.
This is still an issue.

As trog100 says, this is most certainly a display bug, not a functionla bug.

Missing coordenates mya have big impact on recoving the plane in case of crash ,if you have a video recorder, otherwise it's meaningless.

Hope to get some feedback from designer.
Feb 21, 2013, 09:11 AM
UK
Quote:
Missing coordenates mya have big impact on recoving the plane in case of crash
i bought a recorder to record flight telemetry just for this purpose.. he he

this one..

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_for_FPV.htm

my real recording is done onboard with one of these..

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...80P_30FPS.html

so far i am happy with my stuff.. its all fitted in a skywalker..

but in some ways its all a bit of an unknown until you buy it and try it for yourself.. he he

trog

ps.. a little warning dont fiddle with the RTH setting if the device has lost its satellite contact.. mine just tried to fly off the bloody table when i switched the RTH on.. bringing it inside caused it to lose its signal.. no signal means no ten metre motor safety switch off..
Last edited by trog100; Feb 21, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
Feb 22, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hi everbody ,

I bring good new (at least news)

I'm in contact with arkbird manufacturer ho has already recognized the problem
"Yesterday, We found the Western Hemisphere, the southern hemisphere region’s Arkbird users , V3.1010 OSD cannot display the GPS coordinate. "
"Confirmed by the technical staff, this is because OSD cannot display negative values (Arkbird earth coordinates are Orthodox, West& South is negative, so for these region, V3.1010 does not display properly. 2012 the main sales regions of V3.1010 is in Asia & Europe, so there is no user feedback).

We have also confirmed even the display value is error, but GPS and RTH function is properly functional. You can turn off the GPS display, use OSD radar mark to indicate flying position.

If these region’s user needs to solve this display problem, upgrade firmware referring to enclosed upgrade manual , using serial USB-TTL device (PL-2303),read Arkbird ID and send back to Arkbird@foxmail.com, we will provide you the authorized file.
"

So, you need a USB-TTL (PL2303) device in order to do de firmware upgrade.
Once you get it you must read an ID number in your arkbird and send it back to arkbird@Arkbird@foxmail.com.
Then you get the newversion to upload.
They provide a manual anda a few programs and drivers for it all to work (I hope I can manage it all )

Mine is on the way....
Feb 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
UK
thanks for finding this stuff out pedro..

trog
Feb 22, 2013, 12:48 PM
Thank for that info. As I haven't installed my one yet and it doesn't look like I will be able to do so any time soon, can you tell me if I will also need to upgrade firmware for UK use. My one being one of the early one from hobbyking.
Feb 22, 2013, 01:05 PM
UK
we are in the UK ours show zeros.. so i think the answer will be yes you do. .it is only a display thing though..

trog
Feb 22, 2013, 09:17 PM
Hi
Tested waypoints 1,2,3,4,if you let the plane continue past WP.4 it cycles thru 1,2,3,4 again.
If you test fate and turn your radio off the plane goes to 1,2,3,4.So it seems that Way Points
are very powerful tool for radios without fail safe.Set WP 4 close to home wait and pray.
Flying BVR is nerve racking. Very happy with Arkbird.

Thanks for the info Pedro. Not sure I have the skills for upgrade.
Feb 23, 2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinislam1395
Thank for that info. As I haven't installed my one yet and it doesn't look like I will be able to do so any time soon, can you tell me if I will also need to upgrade firmware for UK use. My one being one of the early one from hobbyking.
Hi Dinislam,

As long as you are in a place that has a negative coordenate,than your are candidate to the problem.(west from greenwich meridian, or south from equador) On firmware version 3.10.10 (enter menu and it's number on top screen), than you got the bug .

I went to maps.google.com located my place and right click the spot (quick menu pops up) chose "what is this", and it will indicat your coordenates. If you get a negative number , than you'll get zeros on Arkbird v3.10.10.
Feb 23, 2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lata
Hi
Tested waypoints 1,2,3,4,if you let the plane continue past WP.4 it cycles thru 1,2,3,4 again.
If you test fate and turn your radio off the plane goes to 1,2,3,4.So it seems that Way Points
are very powerful tool for radios without fail safe.Set WP 4 close to home wait and pray.
Flying BVR is nerve racking. Very happy with Arkbird.

Thanks for the info Pedro. Not sure I have the skills for upgrade.
Nice thinking Lata !
But that will only work (switch off radio) if you are already in waypoint mode, right ?
Feb 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trog100
i bought a recorder to record flight telemetry just for this purpose.. he he

this one..

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_for_FPV.htm

my real recording is done onboard with one of these..

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...80P_30FPS.html

so far i am happy with my stuff.. its all fitted in a skywalker..

but in some ways its all a bit of an unknown until you buy it and try it for yourself..
HI Trog,

I've been wooing this recorder. I got a easycap (sim grabber) and it stals a lot, lose connect to pc, and loose video syncro a lote so frames start "roolong" on screen. krap!

But wing camera seem to be a must have , as main video from transmiter always get static and scratches. I'am looking for a solution to do it with only one camera.

Till then your sugestion pleases me very much. Let us view a video from your camera and sdvr as soon as you get one (even from ground if you don't fly).

Quick Reply