Aug 14, 2012, 04:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flyzone Nieuport Binding

I'm interested in the new Flyzone Nieuport Micro; I already have the Playmate and Albatros. Can I bind the transmitters to the Nieuport??? I called TowerHobbies but they just read the manufactor's description. Any suggestions? I really don't want to purchase another radio.
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...040/index.html
Last edited by georgefromvt; Aug 14, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
Yes you can.

I like the Albatros. Actually one of my favorites, but the Nieuport looks good, but almost as if it's a "repaint" of the Albatros. No...I KNOW it's a different plane, but it looks nearly identical and therefore I'd expect to fly 'bout the same. Which...in my opinion is pretty good.

Enjoy!!
Aug 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
Web site says their TTX402 will come with the RTF version , so if you already have the DR1 RTF , you can bind the TTX402 to the Nieuport and fly .

check it out
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...040/index.html
Aug 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
Since it can be purchased as either a Tx-R, or RTF with the TTX402, you would be able to bind it to the transmitter you already have. Remember however if you do, you will have to re-trim each aircraft every time you fly it.

You might be better off getting the RTF version so your trims remain. Or if you have a "real" transmitter, you could consider using the AnyLInk with it.

If I decide to pick up a Nieuport, I'd fly it with my DX8 using the AnyLink like I do my Dr.1.

Don
Last edited by Digital Don; Aug 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Aug 25, 2012, 12:45 AM
FAA Certificated
I have the same question, and I'm not confident of any answers given yet. What *exactly* would the binding procedure be? There is no information of this kind provided in the TX-R instruction manuals. There is no TTX402 manual. There is no TR421 receiver board manual - at least none I can find online. The tactic receivers are normally bound with a press of a button - where is this button on the TR421 and how would one access it on this airplane, or the Fokker DR1, or the albatross - use any of them as an example.

Another problem would be control throw direction. If they mount the rudder horn, elevator horn or the servo arm position, on the opposite side as they do on the playmate, or in my case the fokker, you will have reverse controls and will have to change them in the radio everytime you swap planes. This is a hinky procedure on the TTX402 with no way to confirm other than to check the control surfaces. So be sure you get into the habit of a preflight control surface check, to catch yourself when you forget to change the radio.

Maybe this particular tactic receiver enters a binding mode after being powered up everytime? Anyhow, anyone who can clearly detail the pairing procedure for a TTX402 to a new TX-R micro plane, gets blue skies and calms winds for a week. Thanks!
Last edited by stealth916; Aug 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Aug 25, 2012, 03:18 AM
The micros don't have the 'bind button' found on larger receivers.

I asked the same question and the system was described to me as "auto bind". You power on the transmitter, then the plane. The receiver binds to the nearest transmitter - which hopefully is yours! I was also told that the receiver gives 'preference' to the transmitter it was bound to last time it was powered up.

It seems to work well, but some of my buddys who use the AnyLink have experienced periodic binding problems when multiple AnyLinks are in use. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, the the person having the problem is normally able to bind his plane once the other person turns off their transmitter.

No one I'm aware of has experienced problems in flight because of binding issues.

Don
Aug 25, 2012, 12:01 PM
FAA Certificated
Thanks very much for that info Don! Although they use the 'pairing at the press of a button' slogan on the marketing pages for these planes, auto bind makes more sense for this application.

I have decided to just buy the Nieuport as RTF. I don't want to retrim every flight or try and get the planes dialed in mechanically to match to the same TTX402 radio trim or worry about control throw direction. With another cheapy Tx I can experiment with AC-DC charging adapter mods to it with less fear. A $10 or $20 Tower Hobbies coupon will nearly make the RTF a wash.

Even though I have an old Futaba 9 with expanded memory for a hundred or more models, and they are literally offering the Anylink adapter free right now after rebate, I'm having a ball flying the Fokker with the std Tx. I just extended the sticks about 1/2" to effectively reduce the rate, and it's good to go. In fact it is freaking amazing how far we've come in RTF tech at this price point!
Last edited by stealth916; Aug 25, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Aug 25, 2012, 10:07 PM
"In fact it is freaking amazing how far we've come in RTF tech at this price point! "

I agree 100%.

I'm still impressed by how well these little planes fly since I think of them as 'glorified foam plates'!

Don
Last edited by Digital Don; Aug 26, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
Aug 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
Just some guy
Don, it is auto bind, however, once your plane is bound to YOUR transmitter, as long as you turn on the Tx first, it will stay bound to YOUR tx, regardless of any other Tactic signals present. If you turn on the plane first, it will hunt for your signal for about 3~5 seconds and if it does not see it, it will bing to another Tactic present.

Dave
Aug 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the additional details, Dave!

Don
Aug 28, 2012, 10:29 PM
FAA Certificated
Now that Flyzone really is giving away the Anylink adapter in the box with the airplane, and not making us go through the hoops of a rebate, and considering the TX-R Nieuport will be available before the RTF, I am going to go ahead and get the TX-R This binding info will come in very handy.

PS - in case you haven't heard - as of a few days ago the Anylink rebate is history because they are just outright giving the Anylink adapters away with the TX-R airplanes - no rebate necessary !!! Time to dust off an old Tx.
Sep 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth916
Now that Flyzone really is giving away the Anylink adapter in the box with the airplane, and not making us go through the hoops of a rebate, and considering the TX-R Nieuport will be available before the RTF, I am going to go ahead and get the TX-R This binding info will come in very handy.

PS - in case you haven't heard - as of a few days ago the Anylink rebate is history because they are just outright giving the Anylink adapters away with the TX-R airplanes - no rebate necessary !!! Time to dust off an old Tx.
What's your source on this? I bought a TX-R Flyzone Albatros last week and didn't get an AnyLink with it... I'd like to get it if I can...
Sep 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
I just ordered the micro Nieuport from Hobby Zone yesterday and it comes with the free AnyLink and adaptor cable for my DX7.

Quick Reply