The 2012 NEAT Fair BCSF Tent - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2012, 07:39 AM
soft yummy goodness.
It was great to see you & Elizabeth, Gary. Thanks so much for bringing that yummy honey. It was a unique treat!

Cheers,
Chris
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Chris...post the picture of the plane that hit the van during the mass warbird launch....
Sep 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
soft yummy goodness.
Warbird vs Car

Car loses.

Note the Foam Tac at the ready. But does it work on fenders?
Sep 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
How high will it go?
That plane missed my head by about 6 ft. I saw where it was going and shouted as loud as I could "heads up in the pits"!
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 22, 2012, 07:19 AM
soft yummy goodness.

Thank you!!!

The BCSF tent has evolved into a great home base for so many pilots, vendors and attendees of NEAT to feast, socialize, or simply relax & unwind after a day of excitement on the flight line. The importance of the supporters and individuals who continue to keep the tent and its festivities up & running can't be understated. With deepest and most heart-felt gratitude, we'd like to thank them for making it happen.

Several folks don't know this, but Castle Creations provides a sizeable chunk of the funding required for tent rental and food. It's actually Castle's tent in which we have so much fun. Without them, we'd all be trying to squeeze hundreds of our guests into Carlos' 6-man tent.

This year, our second keg was graciously provided by Pete of Beacon / Foam Tac. Pete, you saved me the Cannonball Run of hauling 165 cups worth of cold frosty goodness across state lines. Pete also donated gobs of Foam Tac and other magically sticky adhesives for attendees of his Technichal Chat.

Ron from J&R Hobby Hardware provides the wonderful propane heater that keeps us from huddling around a LiPo fire for heat.

Several vendors generously donated planes and gear for contests & raffles, including:
Hobbico
Luke's R/C
Lazer Toys
[I'm pretty sure there are others who may have contributed. Carlos or Gerry will remind me]

Stangrob brought a delicious tub of chili from south of the Raritan River.

Killer Planes rounded out the meal with spanish rice and corn.

Gary from Tanic Packs brought the yummy honey-infused treat that was such a joy to sip Saturday night.

Foaminator's contribution was carefully stashed at the bottom of a cooler. Kinda like a Capri Sun, but much much better.

And of course the many members, volunteers, and friends of BCSF who buy it, supply it, haul it, set it up, grill it, fry it, dish it out, and clean up the sticky aftermath Sunday morning, including: Gerry, Ed, Carlos, Alex, Joseph (our esteemed 2012 TB), and several others who deserve our deepest thanks. Mike did a great deal of pre-show leg-work and was really excited to be a part of the fun again, but due to the sudden and tragic loss of his father, couldn't make it up to NEAT this year. You were sorely missed, Mike, and we all can't wait to see you at next year's NEAT.

We're still perfecting our little annual soiree, but thanks to the kind efforts, generosity, and good will of those involved, it gets better every year.

Sincerest thanks,
Chris and the growing team of Castle/BCSF Tent Grunts
Sep 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freq
Warbird vs Car

Car loses.

Note the Foam Tac at the ready. But does it work on fenders?
Ouch I didn't see Al's van before he left for home!
Sep 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Meh ... that'll buff right out