Thread Tools
Sep 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
new video Heres what a flight looks like with a bunch of brown outs and a crasl landing in someones yard! check out how i get out of the yard

please thumbs up if you like it!

http://youtu.be/j7_FRTyW2zU
Only a FOOL would risk peoples safety and possibly property damage and do what you did.
You are the type that will RUIN this hobby.
How would you feel if you hit that little girl you were flying around????????
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
Yah, you're right that was some crazy flying, especially when the first brown out occurred on top of the trees. I was scared for you. I'm flabbergasted how you were able to recover from it remarkably or else it would have been an arduous search and rescue.

You're tempting me with this FPV Dream Machine airframe... Must resist the force.
yeah man it was a crazy flight indeeed! get the frame i guaruntee it will be the best frame youve ever bought. i flew the crap out of the 1.3 then i told luis what needed to be fixed then i flew the crap out of 1.4 and we made some more changes all untill it was perfect. this tricopter was built to be the best hands down. this thing is in a whole other league than the other tricopters on the market today like example fpvmanuals, rcexplorer, multiwii. those are the very tiny tris with no room. i have had over 50 fpv flights with my fpv manuals frame and man that thing was cramped there was zero space. the fpvdm has tons of space and im using 1.3ghz vid gear on it insstead of crappy 5.8ghz that would barely fit on my fpvmanuals frame. I dont get any money for any frames that Luis (owner of myrcbuild.com) sells i was simply the tester and half developer. the frame is a great price and its super strong so chances of you breaking anything would be limited to a boom or prop. trust me while i was beta testing i crashed alotttttt lol. if you buy a different tri frame i can pretty much promise you every time you crash youd be breaking more than a prop or boom.
Sep 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
yeah man it was a crazy flight indeeed! get the frame i guaruntee it will be the best frame youve ever bought. i flew the crap out of the 1.3 then i told luis what needed to be fixed then i flew the crap out of 1.4 and we made some more changes all untill it was perfect. this tricopter was built to be the best hands down. this thing is in a whole other league than the other tricopters on the market today like example fpvmanuals, rcexplorer, multiwii. those are the very tiny tris with no room. i have had over 50 fpv flights with my fpv manuals frame and man that thing was cramped there was zero space. the fpvdm has tons of space and im using 1.3ghz vid gear on it insstead of crappy 5.8ghz that would barely fit on my fpvmanuals frame. I dont get any money for any frames that Luis (owner of myrcbuild.com) sells i was simply the tester and half developer. the frame is a great price and its super strong so chances of you breaking anything would be limited to a boom or prop. trust me while i was beta testing i crashed alotttttt lol. if you buy a different tri frame i can pretty much promise you every time you crash youd be breaking more than a prop or boom.
As much as I want to get one, I have to save up for a GoPro 2 camera first before getting another tricopter frame since I already have fpvmanuals tricopter frame.

Perhaps I can ask Santa for it this Christmas.
Sep 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
As much as I want to get one, I have to save up for a GoPro 2 camera first before getting another tricopter frame since I already have fpvmanuals tricopter frame.

Perhaps I can ask Santa for it this Christmas.
Dude my fpv manuals frame isn't even put together anymore everytime it hit the ground so much broke and I hate how you have to drill those stupid side slices for the mount screws. That frame is just ok and really to me should just be used for line of site flying with just z gopro on it. Bc anymore than that and there's no room. I have a full kit most of it's brand new accept the motor mounts and yaw system. Everything else is still in the packaging if you want it for spare parts it's yours for $70
Sep 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
Dude my fpv manuals frame isn't even put together anymore everytime it hit the ground so much broke and I hate how you have to drill those stupid side slices for the mount screws. That frame is just ok and really to me should just be used for line of site flying with just z gopro on it. Bc anymore than that and there's no room. I have a full kit most of it's brand new accept the motor mounts and yaw system. Everything else is still in the packaging if you want it for spare parts it's yours for $70
I agree with you about the grooves that have to be made on the booms for fpvmanuals tricopter frame. They are a pain to make. No offense, but I rather put that $70 towards the FPV Dream Machine if I decide to get one.

Once I get the GoPro2, I'll start saving up for the FPVDM.

In fact, I just put up my Realflight 6 simulator for sale, so I can get some money to pay for the GoPro 2. In case you're interested or anyone following this thread, here's the link to its classified ad.
Sep 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Yeah a fpvdm is better lol. And I'm about to put my sim up for sale aswell . I think a gopros are like $225 now so they have deff cheepend up.
Sep 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar

Suggestion for the landing gear


Is there way the landing gear can be made so that they are mounted forward as oppose to being mounted along the boom?

Here's a photo of my fpvmanual tricopter. The landing gear is made of the PVC pipe. They are just clamped with aluminum strips, bolts, and nuts. Do you see how I mounted them? I mounted them, so that they are facing forward instead of along the booms (i.e sideways).

To me, they're more appealing to look at this way...



And you're right, no much room for anything.
Last edited by LittleG; Sep 14, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
Is there way the landing gear can be made so that they are mounted forward as oppose to being mounted along the boom?

Here's a photo of my fpvmanual tricopter. The landing gear is made of the PVC pipe. They are just clamped with aluminum strips, bolts, and nuts. Do you see how I mounted them? I mounted them, so that they are facing forward instead of along the booms (i.e sideways).

To me, they're more appealing to look at this way...



And you're right, no much room for anything.
They look better your way but man I can't believe I ever flew that frame FPV lol
Sep 15, 2012, 07:51 AM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
Can the motor cage of FPVDM protect DT750 motors or does it only protect certain type of motors?
Sep 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Omm I'm sure you could just use bigger extensions and it would work. I'll ask Luis later n see.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
Just got my DM frame in yesterday. WOW! This thing is sweet. Solid as a rock and it looks mean as hell. I can't wait to fly it.
Sep 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
Stop tempting me...
Sep 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
FPV nut
traderdmb's Avatar
You will not be disappointed. I'll post pictures when it's it's done.
Sep 15, 2012, 05:51 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb
You will not be disappointed. I'll post pictures when it's it's done.
So you bought one this makes me happy I hope you like the product after all of Luis and my development into this awesome frame . I fly mine atleast every other day.
Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar

Motor Cage and Landing Gear


Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
Omm I'm sure you could just use bigger extensions and it would work. I'll ask Luis later n see.
Have you asked Luis if the motor cage will fit a DT750 motor?

Also, how long did you make the arms of the FPVDM v1.5 shown in the video you made?


I've been following this thread here and on FPVLab.com... A couple members of the FPVLab.com members (RootCanalGuy and Airbagit) had trouble installing the landing gear, they ended up sanding a groove in the booms to make them fit.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 8 NIB JR Radio Systems (all new old stock!!!!) Available Seperately FNW Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Sep 09, 2012 07:46 PM
For Sale iconic-X FPV frame available now :) whosYOURdaddy - QuadAddict Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Jul 20, 2012 09:23 AM
Discussion FPVDM - FPV Dream Machine (Tricopter) by MyRcBuild airbagit13 FPV Talk 14 May 18, 2012 12:56 AM
Build Log FPV/UAV/AP tricopter build log [Changed from "Got the stuff... I went all out"] slisgrinder FPV Talk 47 Jul 25, 2011 09:57 AM
Now Available: 1/8" GWS Drilled Pinions and Machined GWS Boxes for Astroflight BL WJ Birmingham Parkflyers 5 Jul 28, 2003 11:17 AM