Thread Tools
Dec 04, 2012, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Chad2323's Avatar
Is this the servo everyone is using?
http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32082S-H.../dp/B0012YXRJE
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2012, 06:11 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
@chad yes that's the servo I use
Dec 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
I always balance charge all of my batteries at the lowest amp rate, but will start using the bags.

I also use that servo.
Dec 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Nice looking bad ..

http://www.helioption.com/store/inde...roducts_id=107
Dec 07, 2012, 10:19 PM
Registered User
Chad2323's Avatar
Well got most of the parts in just waiting for the frame. Just wondering if anyone is using flashed esc's with their NX4008 and if so which firmware?

Thank's
Dec 07, 2012, 10:20 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323
Well got most of the parts in just waiting for the frame. Just wondering if anyone is using flashed esc's with their NX4008 and if so which firmware?

Thank's
Nx4008's (cannot)use flashed escs.
Dec 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
Registered User
Chad2323's Avatar
Well got it all built today and went to put the first prop on and when I was tightening it the shaft just broke didn't know it was hallow and so soft. The motors are the NX4008 from getfpv so I guess I need to order some extras. Will get some pictures up soon.

Chet
Dec 12, 2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
I'm disappointed with the quality of NX4008 motor as well.

Mine came with a bent shaft from HobbyKing, so I ordered replacement shafts from fpvmanuals.

But, when I was replacing the shaft, I was not aware that the grub screw that holds shaft secure can easily strip the threads inside the motor bell. So, be careful not to over tighten them.

So, I decided to go back to the DT750s and the NX4008 motors are now not being used. I just don't want to pay for another NX4008 motor just to replace it.
Dec 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323
Well got it all built today and went to put the first prop on and when I was tightening it the shaft just broke didn't know it was hallow and so soft. The motors are the NX4008 from getfpv so I guess I need to order some extras. Will get some pictures up soon.

Chet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
I'm disappointed with the quality of NX4008 motor as well.

Mine came with a bent shaft from HobbyKing, so I ordered replacement shafts from fpvmanuals.

But, when I was replacing the shaft, I was not aware that the grub screw that holds shaft secure can easily strip the threads inside the motor bell. So, be careful not to over tighten them.

So, I decided to go back to the DT750s and the NX4008 motors are now not being used. I just don't want to pay for another NX4008 motor just to replace it.
All I can say is wow! What is going on lol my nx4008 didn't have a hollow shaft so maybe the quality has went down since I've bought mine idk. I havnt had problems with mine so maybe I got lucky isobutane I've had 8 so far and so far all were good. It really sucks to here the motors you guys bought are not working for you guys.
Dec 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar

Here's my FPVDM equipped with DragonLink System


I have procrastinated long enough with the installation of the DragonLink on my FPVDM.

I finally installed the DragonLink system last night...

The white rod that is sticking up is half of the antenna and the other half is just dangling.

I made a few changes.

I removed the CCD camera, just using the GoPro2 without the protective case for live video feed and aerial recording.

I changed the video transmitter (vtx) from 5.8ghz 200mw to 1.3ghz 200mw. I installed a cloverleaf antenna to the vtx.

I placed four pads of moongel underneath the GoPro, which finally eliminated the jello effect.



Last edited by LittleG; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Dec 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
That's sweet lil G. Make some videos. I'm still waiting for the team blacksheepEZosd to get back in stock it's been over a month it's killing me!
Dec 15, 2012, 06:59 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
Hey lttle G do u want to sell your motors? I can probably use them on a future build.
Dec 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
LittleG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
Hey lttle G do u want to sell your motors? I can probably use them on a future build.
You would buy them even the one with the stripped out thread?
Dec 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Chad2323's Avatar
Looking good LittleG. Have mine all done but still trying to figure out how to set it all up. Having a issue with it wanting to yaw in a circle I remember one other time I built a Tri had the same problem so have to go and look up so old posts on open pilot and figure it out. Will post pics and video soon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
I have procrastinated long enough with the installation of the DragonLink on my FPVDM.

I finally installed the DragonLink system last night...

The white rod that is sticking up is half of the antenna and the other half is just dangling.

I made a few changes.

I removed the CCD camera, just using the GoPro2 without the protective case for live video feed and aerial recording.

I changed the video transmitter (vtx) from 5.8ghz 200mw to 1.3ghz 200mw. I installed a cloverleaf antenna to the vtx.

I placed four pads of moongel underneath the GoPro, which finally eliminated the jello effect.



Dec 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User
I just ordered one today. I really like the amount of room. By the way, I have the 4008's on a FPV Manuals Tricopter and after 1 hour, 4 magnets became loose ( never even warm from running), and another feels like the bearings are already bad. I will not buy them again. You will like the DragonLink. I have gone 3 miles from inside my house still showing 45% RSSI.

Bob


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 8 NIB JR Radio Systems (all new old stock!!!!) Available Seperately FNW Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Sep 09, 2012 07:46 PM
For Sale iconic-X FPV frame available now :) whosYOURdaddy - QuadAddict Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Jul 20, 2012 09:23 AM
Discussion FPVDM - FPV Dream Machine (Tricopter) by MyRcBuild airbagit13 FPV Talk 14 May 18, 2012 12:56 AM
Build Log FPV/UAV/AP tricopter build log [Changed from "Got the stuff... I went all out"] slisgrinder FPV Talk 47 Jul 25, 2011 09:57 AM
Now Available: 1/8" GWS Drilled Pinions and Machined GWS Boxes for Astroflight BL WJ Birmingham Parkflyers 5 Jul 28, 2003 11:17 AM