WF33CF 2X70mm jet - RC Groups
Aug 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
Discussion

WF33CF 2X70mm jet

Claus and I started a new project on the carton model WF33, but as the project moved forward we decided to make some changes. For simplicity we removed the elevator on the back of the plane, it also looks way cooler now I think. The tail where the output duct is located has also been modified for less drag. And for making a bit more rum in the model for batteries, the fuselages is made a bit larger.

It is made for 2 X 70mm fan's, the size is 1480mm long with a wingspan of 995mm. The model will bee called WF33CF.

Hope you like it, we will post some more pic's as the build progresses. Here is some pic's...Take care for now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Wow Frank, looks like another fantastic plane! Thank you for the build threads you've done lately! w.
Aug 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
VERY COOL!, I'll be watching this one

Joe
Aug 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Claus at Area 52

playing with the possibilities

Franks ideas are surely challenging, especially when you have to make it real.
but our ping pong have worked once more.
I have had to stretch my skills in cnc designs a bit more.
we have been into what's needed for success.
many things are on the border of the possible. look at the pictures!
CNC is not the end of the line, it needs the skilled hand as well-
Aug 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm going to tell ya right now, I'm envious!!! Not only do you create awesome designs, but you have the skill to digitize them, and then build'em on the cutting edge. Then you put the plans out there almost as a dare.. Well, I for one am actually grateful. Awesome design!!!

Ksqm
Aug 15, 2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks for your comments, I am glad you like it.
Aug 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
Another sweet looking plane you guys have designed.
Aug 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Firecracker!
Looks great! I hope to try your build technique some day. If you don't mind my asking, how do you line up all the little sections when you glue them together?
Aug 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
Claus at Area 52

lining up.

they are all lined up by the inside surface and thickness line on the drawing.
and to prevent glue sticking to the drawing we use cellu tape on the drawing.
there is much more to look at if you look at my pictures on Saab Draken, Saab Draken, and the sling-jet development.
Claus
Aug 16, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cajun-American
Well done, y;all are taking foam scratch building to a new level.
Aug 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Firecracker!
Hi Claus, thanks for your reply. I have looked at those amazing builds as well. I can see how you use the drawing for guidance, but what I'm wondering is, with the foam so light, the shape complex with many small pieces, glue both sticky and slippery, how do you get it all lined up?

Do you tape down each foam piece on top the drawing? Or do you use weights somehow? Do you just glue 2 pieces together, wait for that to dry, then glue on another piece? The devil is in the details!

Thank you for sharing your secrets!
Aug 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
man what i would do to have this in my project line up
Aug 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
Absolutely love the shape Frank...Kind of a futuristic Russian design...SU-87
Good luck with the project.............Chris
Aug 17, 2012, 07:53 AM
Claus at Area 52
BillO
the drawing is placed on top of a 6 mm depron sheet.
to protect it from the glue I use cellu tape.each of the parts is pinned to the drawing / depron
that way it is just run along. one trick though is to start assembling from the middle, as that gives the best accuracy.
Claus
Aug 17, 2012, 10:35 AM
Firecracker!
Ahaa, thanks for that tip!