This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2012, 08:08 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New receiver packs and asking Castle for info on old ESC

I have had a little extra time for flying lately and have returned to my first R/C love which is sailplanes. I have a Climax handtoss glider (before discuss launch) and I have added a new receiver and found the battery couldn't hold a charge for very long. I was initially surprised at how hard it was to find the small NiMH and NiCad packs that were so plentiful 15 years ago. I found BatterySpace.com had a pack that would fit my hand toss as well as packs for my larger sailplanes as well. I have ordered them and will post in a couple weeks how well they work out.
I have sent an e-mail to get some info on a Phoenix 60 brushless ESC I got back in 2003 and used to power a brushless motor with an 8-cell NiMH and I want to go to a 3-cell LiPo. I no longer have the paper work so I don't know if it is LiPo compatible. Hopefully Castle can tell me. Castle responded within one working day. Sent me instructions for two possible ESCs and confirmed I could program it for Lipos. As always there service remains fantastic! Took me time to update as I went on vacation.
Last edited by Michael Heer; Aug 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Castle Creation update posted
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
Is this your ESC? If yes, they have a PDF you can download.
Looks like your OK for 3s.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-60.html

-Rocko
Jun 28, 2016, 12:11 PM
Hi I would like to introduce myself, My name is Felipe Jabur and I live in Brazil
I am airplane pilot and a graduate in aeronautical science, I'm have a passion for quadcopters/drones and all things that fly and would like to undertake reviews of your Quadcopters in Portuguese (with English subtitles). These reviews will be posted on a dedicated YouTube Channel, in RCGroups, throughout social media channels and will target drone flyers in Brazil and Portuguese speaking drone flyers Worldwide. I'm am sure I can do an excellent job on your behalf and request to consider sending a sample or two for review purposes.
Many thanks I look forward to your reply

add skype felipejabur1
Mar 29, 2017, 09:55 PM

Looking for a chance to coooperate

Dear Michael Heer,

How are you?Sorry to bother you.

This is Given from Banggood forum team. I have been visiting your forum for a while and I have found your website is highly professional and helpful.

I am wondering if we have the honor to cooperate with you. We want to promote our products on your website in the form of a up banner or a side banner. It will be appreciated if you could guarantee Banggood to have its own sub-forum for customer service and publish our deals or offers, like other stores. We would love to make a donation for your kindness.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Here’s our website http://www.banggood.com/
Product https://goo.gl/ANXrhG

Best Regards,
Given Leung

Quick Reply