Sep 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
@ BS.

Has your esc failed?
No! I haven't flown it yet. The point I am trying to make is you said all the new orders will have a Better ESC! Good for new sales! But you havent said a word to those of us that have the old one!! I'm Done!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2012, 04:04 AM
ICrashRCs
BS,
Suppose they call it a V2 starting today.
I don't think it's customary for V1 owners to get all the updates and mods free.
Same principle without the designation.

There's a hundred planes out there that need better parts out of the box.
Yes, we are guinea pigs.
Sep 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot
No! I haven't flown it yet. The point I am trying to make is you said all the new orders will have a Better ESC! Good for new sales! But you havent said a word to those of us that have the old one!! I'm Done!

I'm guessing that you are going to be like the majority of flyers who will be flying this model as a basic 4 channel control aircraft with perhaps with the addition of flaps on Channel 5 deployed for landing only, so your vast majority of flight time will be spent using pretty much just the ailerons and elevator servos , which is only 3 servos are being driven which is perfectly fine for the stock integrated BEC to handle, I have lots of models with this control config running off a stock integrated BEC with absolutely no problems, so I'd say relax......maiden your Walrus and enjoy!
Sep 25, 2012, 09:30 PM

connections

Be carefull when you handle the connections between the motor leads and the ESC. They are very brittle . I just repaired all three of them. If your Motor starts chattering you have a broken connection.
Sep 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
I've flown mine many times over the last 3 weeks and I have not had any problems with the ESC overheating. It has gotten warm, but not hot. I have not improved ventilation at all, but it hasn't been very warm here either. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not concerned. Go fly it and have some fun....
Sep 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterob
I've flown mine many times over the last 3 weeks and I have not had any problems with the ESC overheating. It has gotten warm, but not hot. I have not improved ventilation at all, but it hasn't been very warm here either. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not concerned. Go fly it and have some fun....
Thanks for that report on the ESC!

I did't fly mine yet, I had just start put everything together this week. I want to know if it need a long field for landing with the full flap?

I plan to maiden mine in a medium size park.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek W
I want to know if it need a long field for landing with the full flap?
I plan to maiden mine in a medium size park.
No, not really. I found it quite easy to do spot landings with full flap and I have never flown a model with flaps before. I'm sure you will be ok.
Sep 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
PEMAC
Buckshot, I'm sure your ESC will be adequate if you fly it as it was intended, it's rated for 20A and the model pulls 16A. Hobbyking have said they will happily replace it if it fails - what more do you want?
Sep 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepySean
Buckshot, I'm sure your ESC will be adequate if you fly it as it was intended, it's rated for 20A and the model pulls 16A. Hobbyking have said they will happily replace it if it fails - what more do you want?
What do you got??
Sep 30, 2012, 12:40 AM
Has anyone tried the Walrus with Aileron Differential yet. I haven't with mine and am wondering if it would benefit from it.
It seems to yaw a little when doing turns. Just wonderin'....
I have a DX6i and thought I might be able to set it up via the Tx, but don't think I can. ( maybe DX7's or 8's are able to do it? )

Steve
Sep 30, 2012, 01:14 PM
I got mine yesterday. Maidened this morning. Did not adjust any trims. Flew very well! Used all servos agressively. ESC got very warm. I got back and cut a vent (see photo). Two problems: 1. I do not know how to program brake in that ESC. 2. Fuse is twisted (see photo). Help with #1 would be appreciated!
Sep 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
Flew mine yesterday ! No adjustments and then smoothed it up a bit. It flew nice after the minor improvements My esc was also hot witch I expected!! Thank for sharing the pic. of the cooling cut out! I will do the same. I assume you did it on both sides. Sorry about the twist! Maybe they will send you a new one, but don't hold your breath!!
Sep 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
Just got back from three more flights. Had the flaps @45% and tried several elevator settings. Conclusion is that no elevator mixing is required for that flap setting. ESC still very warm but I feel better! I cut only one vent on the ESC side. Two vents might be better. I'll think about it. Meanwhile, having fun but really want to turn on the brake.
Sep 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hz42
Just got back from three more flights. Had the flaps @45% and tried several elevator settings. Conclusion is that no elevator mixing is required for that flap setting. ESC still very warm but I feel better! I cut only one vent on the ESC side. Two vents might be better. I'll think about it. Meanwhile, having fun but really want to turn on the brake.
Set the flaps at 100% and the elevator down a little.
Sep 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
MotionRC Europe
Hz42, great to hear your enjoying yours. I'll see if I can find any programming information regarding the esc. All factories in china are on a weeks holiday from today though, so please be patient.

S.

Quick Reply