Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
JdmJohnny210 is offline
Find More Posts by JdmJohnny210
Registered User
Discussion

hpi sprint 2 drifts better one way than other.. help!


I've installed new titanium turnbuckles and did a CS mod with hot bodys 18t front center pully. It seems to drift or turn better to the right then the left. My servo is on the right side, so could it be weight related?
Spectrum makes some nice metal gear servos for 100$, think that might have harder pull.. Some help please? Thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
wparsons is offline
Find More Posts by wparsons
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Are you getting equal steering through in both directions? Does the car sit flat when resting, or is it leaning to one side?

You shouldn't need a stronger servo at all, but it might need some setting up to get things right.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Creepy1 is offline
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Mother warned you about me!
Creepy1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmJohnny210 View Post
I've installed new titanium turnbuckles and did a CS mod with hot bodys 18t front center pully. It seems to drift or turn better to the right then the left. My servo is on the right side, so could it be weight related?
Spectrum makes some nice metal gear servos for 100$, think that might have harder pull.. Some help please? Thanks
My tt-01 does this, but this could be related to me switching out the nimh battery for a much lighter lipo, or just driver practice lacking in one direction. Not sure, but it's definately a pain.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:04 PM
Creepy1 is offline
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Mother warned you about me!
Creepy1's Avatar
Just finished locking the front like the rear, and wow what a difference. I'd suggest you do the same. Drifting like a dream now in both directions.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:16 AM
wparsons is offline
Find More Posts by wparsons
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Locking the front isn't generally done, even with a one way you still have a working diff up front. I would lock the rear first and see how that works.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Creepy1 is offline
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Mother warned you about me!
Creepy1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Locking the front isn't generally done, even with a one way you still have a working diff up front. I would lock the rear first and see how that works.
I have both done.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
wparsons is offline
Find More Posts by wparsons
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
I was suggesting the original poster only lock the rear. I don't know of anyone else that has locked the front, so I'm not going to suggest he does that.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Creepy1 is offline
Find More Posts by Creepy1
Mother warned you about me!
Creepy1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I was suggesting the original poster only lock the rear. I don't know of anyone else that has locked the front, so I'm not going to suggest he does that.
A one-way is the same thing as a spool just without brakes so plenty have locked the front.
Last edited by Creepy1; Aug 15, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
wparsons is offline
Find More Posts by wparsons
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Not entirely... A one way allows independent wheel speeds still when not under power, a locked diff is locked all the time. Anytime you're coasting or on the brakes a one way functions like a normal diff, under power it acts like a locked diff/spool.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale HPI LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH Sprint 2 drift car and other bits rccrafty Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 11 Jun 15, 2016 10:34 PM
Sold hpi pro D professional drift set up / sprint carbon fiber drifter m3 bmw losi mm boss777 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2012 07:47 PM
Discussion Zippy Flightmax or Turnigy 4s 5000mah. Is one better than the other. jasper7821 Batteries and Chargers 19 May 05, 2012 10:31 PM
For Sale 2 hpi sprint 2 drift cars rtr stingywho182 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 9 May 18, 2011 02:27 PM
Discussion hpi sprint 2 drift, an sprint 2 ?'s kgsprint2 Car Talk 0 Oct 14, 2009 02:35 PM