This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 11, 2012, 04:47 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bench power supply dreams

With the 168Mhz ARM, full IMU, & JPEG camera, the hackneyed power supply is maxed out. Now a real bench power supply with current limiting is looking real good. You need current limiting to handle accidental battery connections into the power supply. With 30V sonar, it's going to be sucking serious power.

A quick IMU to handle the newly discovered instability came together. It updates at only 50Hz. The theory was there is so much interference between wifi & i2c, the IMU would use a PIC to read all the i2c sensors locally, then encode the results on a UART for the long wires to the ARM.

Like the ARM, the PIC i2c bus maxed out at 24khz before wifi started interfering. That only gave 50Hz updates. It could double it with parallel i2c busses for the accelerometer & gyro, but those are no longer made in separate chips. It would be a 1 off board. Have a feeling, if there's time left over, parallel i2c busses are coming anyway.

The PIC needs 16Mhz to get 50Hz updates.

Time for another stab at downlinking the JPEG video & then some AHRS solutions.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply