Why the hate for Spektrum? - Page 52 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers
AFAIK FASSTest uses the same hardware as FASST.

I think your confusing that S-FHSS/FHSS uses different hardware to FASST/FASSTest.

Si.
A little hint then should FASST per software updatable to FASSTest, but it's not.
FASST hops over 36 channels FASSTest over 23.
A FASST RX don't work with an FASSTest TX, the TX must then cominicate then in the FASST protocol without telemetry.
To make this even worser, the FASSTest MZ18 is not really compatible with a FASST/FASSTEST-Hybrid RX.
Why? The only reason the need your money.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2012, 01:15 PM
Skaluf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga
A little hint then should FASST per software updatable to FASSTest, but it's not.
FASST hops over 36 channels FASSTest over 23.
A FASST RX don't work with an FASSTest TX, the TX must then cominicate then in the FASST protocol without telemetry.
To make this even worser, the FASSTest MZ18 is not really compatible with a FASST/FASSTEST-Hybrid RX.
Why? The only reason the need your money.
Unfortunately you really don't know what you are talking about.

All FASST receivers do in-fact work with FASSTest transmitters.

There is no such thing as a FASST/FASSTest hybrid receiver.

The 18MZ is compatible with ALL FASST (all modes), FASSTest (all modes), and FHSS Futaba receivers.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam

He even says the first time he used DMSS he could see the difference from the old protocol right away. Didn't even have to fly, could tell just by watching his servos and moving the sticks. Unreal!!!!!

Possible all those unexplained dirt naps were just the time lag he talks about at :18.


Hey I'll stick to the same protocol I started with 4 years ago. Yes others have caught up but unfortunately for you DSM fanboys, your radio isn't one of them. LOL

You compare DSMJ with DMSS.
DSMJ has no ServoSync like a DSM2/DSMX TX.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf

The 18MZ is compatible with ALL FASST (all modes), FASSTest (all modes), and FHSS Futaba receivers.
Then can you use telemetry with a FASST/FASSTest RX and a 18MZ?
Oct 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
Unfortunately you really don't know what you are talking about.

There is no such thing as a FASST/FASSTest hybrid receiver.
R6308SBT neither fish, nor flesh, nor good red herring.
RX stage FASST TX stage FASSTest.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Oct 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf
Unfortunately you really don't know what you are talking about.

All FASST receivers do in-fact work with FASSTest transmitters.

There is no such thing as a FASST/FASSTest hybrid receiver.

The 18MZ is compatible with ALL FASST (all modes), FASSTest (all modes), and FHSS Futaba receivers.
Wow, that's clear as mud!
Oct 11, 2012, 02:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
A few times reading this thread I have almost spit my coffee all over my keyboard..keep it up guys!


oh and my tx is better than yours ...neener...neener...neener
Oct 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
A few times reading this thread I have almost spit my coffee all over my keyboard..keep it up guys!


oh and my tx is better than yours ...neener...neener...neener
Nee Nee
Frosch und Maulwurf (2 min 27 sec)
Oct 11, 2012, 07:13 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
GassPasser's Avatar
awesome !
Oct 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
Thermals, Tom
RyanNX211's Avatar

Sorry gang. I received a warning that I'm not permitted to share my observations


About crashes involving the use of sponsored products.


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz
No, thast is not correct, the DSM2-system is not a flawed system, it works correct ........ if the user follows the instructions of onboard-voltage-stability, if he uses the adequate receiver (I have seen many parkflyer-rxes build in full-range airplanes....... of course, normally this might work, but .......) and, if he follows the instructions of holding his tx the right way (I have seen many users with tx-antenna pointing to the model) and, if he installs the rx antenna right.

My observations have lead me to suspect that we are seeing problems with specific receivers and not something systematic. To wit, DSM2 vs DSMX.

I've never competed in contests where there are 40+ modelers in the air. But, I have seen modelers experience lockouts with AR500s and AR600s in 12ft ships. Sometimes, they are fortunate enough to get the model back and swap in a DSM parkflyer Rx or one of those Chicom copies and take a thermal to >3,500ft as measured by an Eagle Tree altimeter.

Personally, I haven't witnessed lockouts with any receiver that has a satellite. Now, the AR400 comes with an amplifier???

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDeletedXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXt.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
RyanNX211
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while RyanNX211 edits it.
Oct 12, 2012, 07:59 AM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Really -why repost the rules ?
FWIW - The comments about others and their problems are simply too much like old wife tales- they have little creditability.
Try posting something about which you have first hand knowledge -and if it involves a failure -try to find out why the failure occured .
You note, "an AR500 in 12ft ship "

Sounds a wee bit odd to me
Oct 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thermals, Tom
RyanNX211's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Really -why repost the rules ?
FWIW - The comments about others and their problems are simply too much like old wife tales- they have little creditability.
Try posting something about which you have first hand knowledge -and if it involves a failure -try to find out why the failure occured .
You note, "an AR500 in 12ft ship "

Sounds a wee bit odd to me
Odd indeed. Maybe I should report your post as I'm sure "old wives" would find it offensive.

I won't
Oct 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Go ahead - I have done nothing to be ashamed of .
I simply don't think failure info without solid documentation to be of help to anyone .
If you are frustrated with your own experiences -that is for you to resolve .
I have resolved my own issues with my radios -All very worthwhile experiences
Oct 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Go ahead - I have done nothing to be ashamed of .
I simply don't think failure info without solid documentation to be of help to anyone .
If you are frustrated with your own experiences -that is for you to resolve .
I have resolved my own issues with my radios -All very worthwhile experiences
What Richard said.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another reason why we hate lawyers dll932 Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Jul 02, 2012 04:30 PM
Rant this is why i hate fee bay bethelflier8036 Other Websites 6 Apr 18, 2012 01:22 AM
Why do birds hate model planes ? Feodosia Flyer Electric Plane Talk 14 Jun 28, 2001 04:19 AM