Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
Dsmj ???
JR Propo is not Spektrum.

1. FASST
2. FASSTest (sound for me like the AMD KZ chipset. Who need a barrel-test.)
3. FASST/FASSTest hybrid
4. FHSS
5. S-FHSS

Dont forgte FASSTest use a total different hardware as FASST.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Suspended Account
That's some standard, that Fuh, Tah, Bah standard....Paraphrasing line in Catch 22.
Oct 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Registered User
Mikecam's Avatar
Spektrum protocol, good enough for me.

Here's a good vid on JR's DMSS protocol. Check out :25 where they talk about finally being able to achieve the desired control that they wanted. Sure helps to have control to save on all those dirt naps eh.

But now with our new JR DMSS protocol, we have achieved what was before out of reach, instantaneous and synchronized output to all servo's!!!!

DMSS our secret! (English subtitles) --(New) (5 min 52 sec)


Straight from the mouth of the JR experts. Hey I believe them.

He even says the first time he used DMSS he could see the difference from the old protocol right away. Didn't even have to fly, could tell just by watching his servos and moving the sticks. Unreal!!!!!

Possible all those unexplained dirt naps were just the time lag he talks about at :18.


Hey I'll stick to the same protocol I started with 4 years ago. Yes others have caught up but unfortunately for you DSM fanboys, your radio isn't one of them. LOL
Oct 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
Team Futaba
Silent-AV8R's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post


JR Propo is not Spektrum.

1. FASST
2. FASSTest (sound for me like the AMD KZ chipset. Who need a barrel-test.)
3. FASST/FASSTest hybrid
4. FHSS
5. S-FHSS

Dont forgte FASSTest use a total different hardware as FASST.
All of the Futaba protocols are hopping types. So at their core they are very similar. I am not aware of #3 "FASST/FASSTest Hybrid". Can you tell me what you think that is??

FASSTest is still FASST, but with the ability to do telemetry added. The only specific hardware is the RX. You want telemetry? You need to use the telemetry capable RX. The 18MZ is also compatible with FASST, FHSS and S-FHSS.

The last two are used on a less expensive radio targeted towards the sport flying community.
Oct 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Registered User
Mikecam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post


JR Propo is not Spektrum.

1. FASST
2. FASSTest (sound for me like the AMD KZ chipset. Who need a barrel-test.)
3. FASST/FASSTest hybrid
4. FHSS
5. S-FHSS

Dont forgte FASSTest use a total different hardware as FASST.
Only took you an hour to go look up that stuff and edit your post and your still wrong. LOL
Oct 11, 2012, 08:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
Dsmj ???
That's not Spektrum. That's JR.
Oct 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
All of the Futaba protocols are hopping types. So at their core they are very similar. I am not aware of #3 "FASST/FASSTest Hybrid". Can you tell me what you think that is??

FASSTest is still FASST, but with the ability to do telemetry added. The only specific hardware is the RX. You want telemetry? You need to use the telemetry capable RX. The 18MZ is also compatible with FASST, FHSS and S-FHSS.

The last two are used on a less expensive radio targeted towards the sport flying community.
Clear as mud, and just as consumer-friendly, I reckon....
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
Piper J3
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while Piper J3 edits it.
Oct 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
Yes, please accept my least sincere, most ambiguous....
Oct 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post


JR Propo is not Spektrum.

1. FASST
2. FASSTest (sound for me like the AMD KZ chipset. Who need a barrel-test.)
3. FASST/FASSTest hybrid
4. FHSS
5. S-FHSS

Dont forgte FASSTest use a total different hardware as FASST.
AFAIK FASSTest uses the same hardware as FASST.

I think your confusing that S-FHSS/FHSS uses different hardware to FASST/FASSTest.

Si.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:44 AM View Post
TimBle
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while TimBle edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Oct 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
The biggest Spektrum troll was Victory Pete, now banned for good from RCG. He had a slightly unhinged attitude to Spektrum radios and ruined most of the interesting threads on the subject.
Oct 11, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thermals, Tom
RyanNX211's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
The 18MZ is also compatible with FASST, FHSS and S-FHSS.

The last two are used on a less expensive radio targeted towards the sport flying community.

Sport flying but still full range and interference free. Right?
Oct 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thermals, Tom
RyanNX211's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
Spektrum protocol, good enough for me.

Here's a good vid on JR's DMSS protocol. Check out :25 where they talk about finally being able to achieve the desired control that they wanted. Sure helps to have control to save on all those dirt naps eh.

But now with our new JR DMSS protocol, we have achieved what was before out of reach, instantaneous and synchronized output to all servo's!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JzVZO2qH6E

Straight from the mouth of the JR experts. Hey I believe them.

He even says the first time he used DMSS he could see the difference from the old protocol right away. Didn't even have to fly, could tell just by watching his servos and moving the sticks. Unreal!!!!!

Possible all those unexplained dirt naps were just the time lag he talks about at :18.


Hey I'll stick to the same protocol I started with 4 years ago. Yes others have caught up but unfortunately for you DSM fanboys, your radio isn't one of them. LOL
Somebody's going to be taken to the woodshed
Oct 11, 2012, 01:02 PM
Team Futaba
Silent-AV8R's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
Sport flying but still full range and interference free. Right?

Yes, both are full range (with the right RX) and have proven to be very robust.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another reason why we hate lawyers dll932 Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Jul 02, 2012 04:30 PM
Rant this is why i hate fee bay bethelflier8036 Other Websites 6 Apr 18, 2012 01:22 AM
Why do birds hate model planes ? Feodosia Flyer Electric Plane Talk 14 Jun 28, 2001 04:19 AM