This thread is privately moderated by lincoln, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2012, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

dangerous dowels

Was helping someone to get a plane out of a tree today. It was high enough that we were using a bow with a bowfishing setup (big spool) to get a string over the branch. Sometimes I use dowels with a slot and a hole. The string acts instead of the fletching. (i.e. feathers) I got curious as to what would happen if I fired one off without the string. Pointed it down range across the field, with no one in sight, at maybe 45 degrees elevation. I expected it to go sideways and slow down very fast. Instead, it pulled up as if it had wings, looped over, and came down BEHIND me. Took a while to do it but was very surprising, I'll admit. I doubt if I'll be doing that again!

Anyway, we only lost one arrow and we got the plane back with only minor damage.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply