Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: You own Futaba or Spektrum
I own FUTABA 99 38.67%
I own SPEKTRUM 113 44.14%
I own BOTH 44 17.19%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:31 AM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
I have DX8, DX6i and DX5e. I have not had any major problems with them, however I dont have complete faith in them with all the reports of problems. I have a 1980 Futaba FP2F and it still works. I am waiting to see what Futaba is currently working on, They need to get a $1200 Tx out there with telemetry and other bells and whistles. I would be the first to buy.

VP
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:37 AM
richard hanson is offline
Find More Posts by richard hanson
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I have DX8, DX6i and DX5e. I have not had any major problems with them, however I dont have complete faith in them with all the reports of problems. I have a 1980 Futaba FP2F and it still works. I am waiting to see what Futaba is currently working on, They need to get a $1200 Tx out there with telemetry and other bells and whistles. I would be the first to buy.

VP
---and return it for whatever "reasons".
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:40 AM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
---and return it for whatever "reasons".
More useless "Assuming Commentary".

VP
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:55 AM
freechip is offline
Find More Posts by freechip
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Spektrum for air.
Futaba for surface.

Brother =
Futaba for air.
Spektrum for surface.

We both enjoy using our radios.
The best radio out there is the one you enjoy using.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:34 AM
JohnathanSwift is offline
Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Suspended Account
To paraphrase a famous movie scene, "Fu, tah, bah? We don need no stinkin' Fu, tah, bah!"
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:40 AM
JohnathanSwift is offline
Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
---and return it for whatever "reasons".
Richard, I usually enjoy your posts, and this one is funny, BUT Pete has a very good "record" of being right, whether as a fact or an opinion.

Sadly, he has not yet learned that "form" can obscure substance.

Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:49 AM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Richard, I usually enjoy your posts, and this one is funny, BUT Pete has a very good "record" of being right, whether as a fact or an opinion.

Sadly, he has not yet learned that "form" can obscure substance.

Dont be "Sad".

VP
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:50 AM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
To paraphrase a famous movie scene, "Fu, tah, bah? We don need no stinkin' Fu, tah, bah!"
What movie is that?

VP
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:07 AM
JohnathanSwift is offline
Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Suspended Account
Treasure of the Sierra Madre or something like that, with Humphrey Bogart.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:12 AM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Treasure of the Sierra Madre or something like that, with Humphrey Bogart.
They had Futaba Tx's back then?

VP
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
JohnathanSwift is offline
Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
They had Futaba Tx's back then?

VP
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE3

You decide....
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
MikeMayberry is offline
Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Yea maybe you are right, that was a few years back, then I don't remember who I spoke with at their Toledo booth, all I remember was I spoke with the first person and he sensed my frustration and had me wait on someone higher up.
If you're going to call someone out personally in a post, you might want to check your facts first and get it right!

Geez... there is an edit button you know!!!

Mike.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:37 AM
ronwc is online now
Find More Posts by ronwc
Ron - AMA 1025
ronwc's Avatar

Tx


I have owned and tried a few JR and Spektrum - 9303, 9503, DX6i, DX7, DX8, and I don't care about the telemetry gimmick, I'm too busy flying my plane. I have been flying a long time and have to have a radio I can trust 100% of the time, none of my planes are expendable. Also rx cost is a concern since I keep about 15-20 planes RTF. I fly the new Futaba 8J, Futaba rx's are $35 each.
Last edited by ronwc; Aug 08, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: x
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:39 AM
JohnathanSwift is offline
Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
If you're going to call someone out personally in a post, you might want to check your facts first and get it right!

Geez... there is an edit button you know!!!

Mike.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE3
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
freechip is offline
Find More Posts by freechip
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwc View Post
... I don't care about the telemetry gimmick, I'm too busy flying my plane. ... .
My dad said Remote Car Starters were gimmicks when we bought him one couple Xmas ago. Now it's a must have feature he wanted when he got a new truck.

Same goes for telemetry, YOU may not care for it BUT it certainly is not a GIMMICK.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Multirotor Arms: Round vs Square? TheFernMan Multirotor Talk 21 Oct 28, 2012 04:59 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX18 vs Futaba 12Z vs Hitec Aurora 9 townhoon Radios 37 Sep 20, 2012 05:03 PM
Discussion Spektrum Vs. Futaba Vs. Hitec RGS2010 Radios 61 Jul 27, 2012 03:45 AM
Discussion Brass vs Copper stock/round for ballast Twyl Slope 7 May 25, 2012 11:29 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX6 vs. Futaba vs. JR vs. ? oeginc Electric Plane Talk 35 Jul 01, 2006 09:39 AM