Tenergy balancing charger problem - RC Groups
Aug 07, 2012, 06:00 PM
Discussion

Tenergy balancing charger problem

I have a Tenergy TB6B balancing charger. The input has alligator clips. I inadvertantly touched the positive clip to the negative terminal on the source power supply. There was a small spark and now the charger will not power up. Does anyone know if this unit has an internal fuse device ? lleach1
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleach1
Does anyone know if this unit has an internal fuse device ? lleach1
Good question.
Does the owners manual say anything?

Most of these little chargers are so cheap that the manufacturer doesn't spend the money for anything like a fuse to protect the charger.
I would bet they figure "good, you screwed up, now buy another one from us".

Sorry for your lose.
Aug 08, 2012, 07:02 AM
Are you sure it's the charger that is bad? Could the power supply have failed? Have you checked the power supply output with a meter?

Glen
Aug 08, 2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. The power supply is a powerful solar powered unit at our flying field. It is OK.
Aug 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
Thanks. You are probably right. Without a schematic it is hard to determine what might have failed. By the time I send it back and pay for shipping and repairs I can buy three more.
Aug 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
That's just another one of the myriad of clones of that sort. (Accucel-6, IMAX B6, Thunderpower....etc)
Easy to open up and take a look.
Likely you fried something and it would be more trouble than it's worth to fix it.
Aug 08, 2012, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I opened it up and there was no fuse and no apparent damage. I plugged it into my shop power supply and it powers up and works fine. Must have tripped a breaker at the field. lleach1