Vela One Meter Sailboat 2.4GHz - Page 2 - RC Groups
Feb 13, 2018, 07:21 PM
I know those guys. Almost always have a spare Boat. I have and have built several 914s for others. They had a bad run of hulls but that was a long time ago. Some stories just keep on being told.

Happy to assisit with a 914 if you wish to race and win with it.

SJ
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2018, 07:04 AM

Cr 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingJunkie
I know those guys. Almost always have a spare Boat. I have and have built several 914s for others. They had a bad run of hulls but that was a long time ago. Some stories just keep on being told.

Happy to assisit with a 914 if you wish to race and win with it.

SJ
Thanks for the comeback. If everything goes well thanks for the offer. What is the difficulty in getting the kit and putting it together? It looks like the hull and deck are already together is that true? Winning is the game plan!
Feb 14, 2018, 11:00 AM
It’s not difficult to get or build. there are some tweaks that can give you a bit better functionality and better tuning ability. Getting the boat trimmed correctly makes a pretty big difference in light air. Happy to share them with you when your ready to build it.

SJ
Feb 15, 2018, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rssailor
Boomer, I agree with some of the points you make. Vela has a few flaws, but nothing insurmountable. Mine had deck separation issues, and fixed that and have had no further structural issues. Now the sail servo it comes with is not up to the job at all, but that can be fixed.
I enjoyed sailing my Vela a lot and think it is a good sailing boat overall. Yes in more than eight to ten, it is over canvased and could use less sail area. There are other choices out there, but this is a good boat that I think deserves a fair shake. Ryan
For a ready to run it is a great boat and like every RTR sailboat it does require modifications to optimize its performance. My major mods include new chain plates and wire stays, upgraded sail winch and custom swing arm. Hitech 8xx series winch runs on 9 volts and can haul in the massive sails upto 20 knots without issue. Granted if I was in competition I would have a much more expensive and custom rigged boat with multiple set of custom made sails, but, Vela is just one of over 30 boats in my model boat basin.

Quick Reply