Thread Tools
Jan 07, 2013, 02:11 PM
Registered User
If you have not made a motor purchase yet I would like to amend the motor recommendation in my parts list. I have been using http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376 and they are simply awesome on 8x4.5 or 9x4.5 props.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 09:20 AM
Registered User
I am in the process of considering the build. Regarding the new motor recommendation, would this change require the F-30A ESC (rather than the F-20A) and/or other changes to the recommended parts list? Could you give more details of the advantages or trade-offs for the two motors? Thanks for your outstanding work!
Jan 08, 2013, 09:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone7 View Post
I am in the process of considering the build. Regarding the new motor recommendation, would this change require the F-30A ESC (rather than the F-20A) and/or other changes to the recommended parts list? Could you give more details of the advantages or trade-offs for the two motors? Thanks for your outstanding work!
Should be fine with 20a esc still. The sunnyskys have more "pop" not to mention quality bearings and an almost true balance on the can out of the package.
Jan 08, 2013, 11:20 AM
Registered User
carr52's Avatar
I saw those motors and they are next on my list. Look pretty good to me. Thanks for posting the site for us.

Tom

I decided to turn the quad into a hex. It was flying till the esc's went. I figured since I was putting new esc's I might as well try something else. It will now be a hexcopter. My first try at it.
Last edited by carr52; Jan 08, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
Jan 17, 2013, 08:05 AM
Registered User

Online Configurator for Multiwii controller


This appears to be a great tool for producing the configuration files as covered in your build video tutorial #7.

http://panoramaic.se/configurator/
Jan 17, 2013, 11:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone7 View Post
This appears to be a great tool for producing the configuration files as covered in your build video tutorial #7.

http://panoramaic.se/configurator/
I have not used it but it looks like it will work. Nice to have a GUI instead of looking for defines in code.
Jan 25, 2013, 08:22 PM
Stop me before I build again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post
Still waiting on parts from HK, but would like to share some "theoretical" mods I have made on Nicks great QC design:
Might help at low speed, but anything bad and that's just going to snap the rod or arm.
Jan 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
Registered User
Fastmetal's Avatar
Nic, et al,

Would this quad design handle a 1245 prop with the recommend motor and esc's from the original parts list? Any down side?

And is there a good resource for prop and motor matching....that doesn't require a phd in douple ee?
Jan 29, 2013, 10:49 AM
Stop me before I build again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post
Nic, et al,

Would this quad design handle a 1245 prop with the recommend motor and esc's from the original parts list? Any down side?

And is there a good resource for prop and motor matching....that doesn't require a phd in douple ee?
The Emaxx 2822 would probably burn up with 1245's presuming the ESC didn't kick on you first. 12" is too big for 1300kv on 3s and might even have trouble on 2s.
Jan 30, 2013, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Fastmetal's Avatar
Thnx Brontide,

I suspected as much. 845......
Feb 05, 2013, 03:04 AM
Registered User
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and putting these plans together. I built one of these and have been flying it daily. I love it!!! I'll post pictures and video from on board soon.
Feb 08, 2013, 02:16 PM
Registered User
Looking for an alternative to www.mcmaster.com for listed parts, as they won't ship to Canada, and the LHS does not carry quantities needed of cap screws/ nylocks etc. - thanks for any alternatives !
Feb 09, 2013, 11:48 AM
Registered User
Fastmetal's Avatar

Quad Copter Build...STUCK!


Nick_P

Included is a picture of what I am seeing during the bind attempt:
Feb 09, 2013, 01:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchantz View Post
Looking for an alternative to www.mcmaster.com for listed parts, as they won't ship to Canada, and the LHS does not carry quantities needed of cap screws/ nylocks etc. - thanks for any alternatives !
Phat, I'm using M3 Button head hexs found in local hardware shop or screw shop. Infact anything screw would do that keeps the frame together will do.... Hope tis help!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Lets build a DIY direct drive gimbal for the poor man hexa Multirotor Talk 155 May 14, 2013 09:01 AM
Cool Model Airplane Building Clinic ~ Building A Kit Murocflyer Parkflyers 484 Mar 14, 2013 03:37 PM
For Sale unused HT FPV quad spider frame dr_patso Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 13, 2012 02:29 PM