Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
Registered User
Don't want to take up much more of this thread on this, except to mention that Nancy from Banana Hobby just called and set my appointment for TOMORROW, Fri. Sept. 28!

VERY cool. Things are going very well so far with Banana Hobby!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Man, you'll be specking your SSS out in no time. Just watch.
Sep 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by keok View Post
Trigger Pulled. I hope it fits in my Jeep Cherokee.
taken apart it might! It's huuuuuuge!
Sep 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Man, you'll be specking your SSS out in no time. Just watch.
That's the idea.

I'm glad I ordered this motor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251155124215...215%26_rdc%3D1

and this propeller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190698460445...84.m1497.l2649

...just this morning too!

And I just got a notice from the Post Office that the 13g, 2.5kg-cm metal-gear servos from HobbyKing just arrived this morning.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17322
Those ought to get those flaps down and ailerons up!

And the 180-degree servos for the #16 camera mount inside the canopy, should arrive next week.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19392

I love it when a plan comes together.
Last edited by Little-Acorn; Sep 27, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Sep 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
taken apart it might! It's huuuuuuge!
yep i cant get it into my toyota tacoma
Sep 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
yep i cant get it into my toyota tacoma
Which model if the Tocoma U have?
Put it in the bed. Go to Pepboy and get
A cargo net. I thinks its $20

I put my planes in the bed of my truck
And works outt great
Sep 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
Registered User
I've put 8-foot 2x4s in my Sienna with the doors shut. And the 2400mm Super Sky Surfer is just an inch and a half short of that with the wings on.

But those were 2x4s I didn't mind people walking on or kicking.

Hmmm......
Sep 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
That's the idea.

I'm glad I ordered this motor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251155124215...215%26_rdc%3D1

and this propeller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190698460445...84.m1497.l2649

...just this morning too!

And I just got a notice from the Post Office that the 13g, 2.5kg-cm metal-gear servos from HobbyKing just arrived this morning.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17322
Those ought to get those flaps down and ailerons up!

And the 180-degree servos for the #16 camera mount inside the canopy, should arrive next week.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19392

I love it when a plan comes together.
Thanks LC. I just bought the prop too.

You're set up looks very interesting .
Sep 27, 2012, 07:07 PM
Registered User
howieb38's Avatar

More flights with the SSS


OK. Today I flew the SSS for the 3 to 5th flights. The addition of the 5000mAh battery for balance was amazing. Also the hollow wing spar saved a ton of weight. The plane flew fantastic, lots of climb power with an APC 8x6 prop. After a 20 minute flight, the ESC was warm/hot. When I took it home, I replaced it with a 60A ESC with a 3A BEC. That should eliminate any future potential problems with frying the ESC.

But the plane is great. Glad I didn't sell it, as was my first thought when I flew the first flight when it was VERY tail heavy.

Next week, some videos.
Sep 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Thanks LC. I just bought the prop too.

You're set up looks very interesting .
I'm thinking about using two of my 5000mAh 30C 2s batteries from my Slash, in series in the SSS.

Those, and the 3240-3900KV motor, should keep it clear of the grass.

Actually I usually fly at half throttle or less, including takeoffs and mild stunts, with a setup like this.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post22807696

But it will be interesting to see if it wants to climb vertically when asked.

Life's too short to fly planes that have just "enough" power.
Last edited by Little-Acorn; Sep 27, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Well LC , show us how its done.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Done with this thread.
Last edited by The Don; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Time To Fly?
gobigdale's Avatar
Just got my today. Not sure how I am going to get it to the field...
Sep 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
LC, do you recommend the same setup for me? For this size plane , I would like to have plenty of power on hand as well.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
Which model if the Tocoma U have?
Put it in the bed. Go to Pepboy and get
A cargo net. I thinks its $20

I put my planes in the bed of my truck
And works outt great
It is a short box,may fit if i leave tail gate down,ill have to try tomorrow


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer JoshB Electric Plane Talk 12 Feb 14, 2012 11:01 PM
Found Looking for BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Airframe Only or Wing Set cutty01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2010 03:16 PM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Flench Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Feb 13, 2010 03:17 PM
Discussion sky surfer powered parachute $29.95 w/ Free shipping interplanet Hot Online Deals 26 Dec 30, 2008 10:58 PM