Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob47
I just received my Super Sky Suffer from BH, Their are several enhancements that have been made to the wing and tail spar. their is now an internal tube that the wing spar fit's into. as far as the shipping goes, the only cost was $10.00 and that covered the extra cost of the 5' tall package.
What do you mean enhancements? Umm...did you know there was always wing tubes and one long spar fits into?
Can you clarify what you mean about the tail especially? Oh, and can you take any pictures? Thanks.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
That is an insane flight time! i'm tired of only getting 12 minutes on my bix =)

Thanks for going to the effort of getting the #s and posting them here!

I think i better go camp outside the post office until my plane shows up... should be within a few days!
Only 12 minutes? Out of a bixler?? Yesterday morning I flew my Bix2 for 39 minutes out to 3.2km, 2826/1400 Turnigy with 4000mah 3S... even with a 2600 batt I easily achieve 15-20 mins, that's cruising around at 1/3-1/2 throttle 8-9 amps 40-50kph
Dec 01, 2012, 11:18 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
Only 12 minutes? Out of a bixler?? Yesterday morning I flew my Bix2 for 39 minutes out to 3.2km, 2826/1400 Turnigy with 4000mah 3S... even with a 2600 batt I easily achieve 15-20 mins, that's cruising around at 1/3-1/2 throttle 8-9 amps 40-50kph
i only run a 3S 1800 usually. I'll have to try a larger load, but my super sky surfer is coming in this week so my attention will be away from the bix for quite a while :P
Dec 01, 2012, 11:35 PM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
i only run a 3S 1800 usually. I'll have to try a larger load, but my super sky surfer is coming in this week so my attention will be away from the bix for quite a while :P
that explains that then
Dec 01, 2012, 11:39 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
that explains that then
i don't know how you do it, my bix is already pretty heavy, you launch that thing with rails?? =)
Dec 02, 2012, 06:34 AM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
i don't know how you do it, my bix is already pretty heavy, you launch that thing with rails?? =)
lol
nah, just a hand launch
with the 4000 flight batt she's a challenge without a slight headwind, but no problem with a 2600-3300 batt

i'll be doing a short vid of this weekend's flights, I'll post if you like
Dec 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Has anybody compiled a recommended list of hop/ups for the SSS?
I find suggestions ranging from the common (esc, horn/rods, props), to more sophisticated (motor, etc), to insane (extending fuselage!), but can't find a definite shopping list!

It would be very helpful!!!
Dec 02, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
chanyote66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveroll
Has anybody compiled a recommended list of hop/ups for the SSS?
I find suggestions ranging from the common (esc, horn/rods, props), to more sophisticated (motor, etc), to insane (extending fuselage!), but can't find a definite shopping list!

It would be very helpful!!!
So far the one recommendation i would suggest is changing to 4S capable ESC. Thats All I have done and its great!

Chris
Dec 02, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
chanyote66's Avatar
excitement and failure...

Got my FPV gear on the SSS... went to power up, everything looks great but my Tilt servo for the camera :/ guess it was a bad one... So i pulled out the glue gun and glued the pan tilt in a fixed position! Im not going to have something like that ruin my FPV maiden!

Chris
Dec 02, 2012, 11:42 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
lol
nah, just a hand launch
with the 4000 flight batt she's a challenge without a slight headwind, but no problem with a 2600-3300 batt

i'll be doing a short vid of this weekend's flights, I'll post if you like
please do!
Dec 02, 2012, 01:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveroll
Has anybody compiled a recommended list of hop/ups for the SSS?
I find suggestions ranging from the common (esc, horn/rods, props), to more sophisticated (motor, etc), to insane (extending fuselage!), but can't find a definite shopping list!

It would be very helpful!!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post22886340
Dec 02, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
chanyote66's Avatar
Ok... FPV'd!

I only got 45 min of flight but thats probably because of 15-20mph winds... had to stay on the throttle more :/

Going to try again this afternoon...

Chris
Dec 02, 2012, 06:53 PM
Registered User
Blowing VERY hard for a stinking week, now raining and hailing sideways !! argggg !
Dec 02, 2012, 07:35 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
Blowing VERY hard for a stinking week, now raining and hailing sideways !! argggg !
yeah, that would blow =)
Dec 02, 2012, 09:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
yeah, that would blow =)
The wind don't really blow in Idaho its just that Utah sucks !!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer JoshB Electric Plane Talk 12 Feb 14, 2012 11:01 PM
Found Looking for BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Airframe Only or Wing Set cutty01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2010 03:16 PM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Flench Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Feb 13, 2010 03:17 PM
Discussion sky surfer powered parachute $29.95 w/ Free shipping interplanet Hot Online Deals 26 Dec 30, 2008 10:58 PM