Aug 05, 2012, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Question

Any ideas on why my T-28 controls turned to mush?

I've had the PZ T-28 since the beginning. 2007 or 2008. Still using the PZ controller. Every time I would order a receiver for my Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz I'd end up getting a new plane or heli to put it in.

I decided to try the FrSKY receivers from HK. I bought 3.

So I put one in the T-28 and pull out the manual. Been so long I didn't remember but there are no suggested throws in there. I looked around on-line and couldn't find anything. Called HH and was told they don't know. This is the only plane I own that has no throws in the manual. I left high at 100% and put low at 80%. Thought I'd fly it and adjust.

I about couldn't fly the thing. The controls feel like mush. I don't know if it's the throws or the receiver. Did PZ ever put out any suggested throws? Everything looks fine on the ground, could the receiver be slow/unresponsive in the air?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2012, 06:20 AM
Sorry, but I have to call BS on this one. I found the throws in the manual online in less than 30 seconds. I don't even have a T-28 :-)

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...480_manual.pdf
Aug 06, 2012, 06:22 AM
High rate Low rate
Aileron 13mm up/down 9.5mm up/down
Elevator 16mm up/down 13mm up/down
Rudder 22mm left/right 16mm left/right
Aug 06, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Thanks.

I didn't look up the BNF manual. I was searching forums and such. I even called Horizon and the guy told me they don't suggest throws for the T-28.

Mine is one of the originals. What I call a RTF. Parkzone called it a Charge and Fly. Came with everything. Controller and all. This was before the BNF option.

My manual has no throws. As a matter of fact, and I do remember this, it doesn't even list a CG. That's now listed on HH under important product bulletin.

Anyway, thanks. I'll set the throws and give it another try.
Aug 06, 2012, 01:16 PM
Are you sure it is the dual rates and not the expo settings? Expo settings set too low will make the TX stick controls feel mushy.

Quick Reply