Aug 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

how do I remove boom from V911

I need to replace the tail motor on my V911 and I can't pull the boom away from the frame and the tail motor harness without fear of breaking it. I would have cut the wires at the tail motor but the main gear has broken the wire near the circuit board.
Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2012, 11:25 AM
Crash and learn
Easiest by far is cut the wires off the old tail motor and use the existing routed wires.

Still the best bet if you can fix the wires where they are broke.

V911 Tail boom is most times glued to the frame and it is not easy to remove the old boom. Debonder will work if you go about it slowly and repeatedly and keep poking the debonder into where the SuperGlue Cyanoacrylate is. The SuperGlue turns to a gel which you wipe off.

And, the wrong debonder will turn the carbon fiber tail boom into a gel also.

There isn't an easy way to remove the old tail boom, unless you manage to simply pull it out.

Most people in your situation would just buy a new V911 BNF for $20 and use the old one for parts. Soldering the micro-wire to a micro-PCB tends to be a fun job also, in many (most?) cases destroying the PCB too. If you don't know how to solder, forget about even trying.

Sometimes the tail motor is replaced and the wires are glued (enamel nail polish is better) to the outside of the tail boom.

Un-Cure CA Debonder
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16432

V911 thread, learn about shipping from China to Timbuktu. There is some good stuff, best to use search function.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...48027&page=715
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 05, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Aug 05, 2012, 07:50 PM
Best way is to buy a BNF V911 for leass than 20 bucks.
Aug 06, 2012, 02:33 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the help. As I already have the tail motor on order I will try and fit it. When it fails again I will get a replacement. Does the tail motor just unclip from the housing?
Aug 06, 2012, 09:33 AM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreight
Does the tail motor just unclip from the housing?
Yes, tail motor just unclips from the housing. Depends on what version as to remove towards the tail blade or away from the tail blade.
Aug 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
Yes, tail motor just unclips from the housing. Depends on what version as to remove towards the tail blade or away from the tail blade.
Thanks.
Feb 08, 2014, 08:27 PM
The boom is probably glued in place with CA or similar glue. I've been able to remove them by soaking a q-tip in acetone and saturating the area where the boom meets the body. The CA debonder would probably work even better.

Quick Reply