New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:42 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Discussion

How about this Mosfet Driver chip.... Please help me identify this one


guys I have another one that can't find a match. thanks

Please see if you recognize what chip U5 is. thanks
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:38 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gta18 View Post
guys I have another one that can't find a match. thanks

Please see if you recognize what chip U5 is. thanks
forgot to mention that the drive from the Micro controller comes in to pin 3 of the U5 too..

thanks. I just forgot to draw it in the schematic
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:42 PM
AndyKunz is offline
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
Have you looked at the identifying data on top of the part?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:27 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Have you looked at the identifying data on top of the part?

Andy
Its a blank PCB i'm trying to populate. its just marked U5 on the pcb. I know the other parts like the mosfet's pinouts diodes etc. I just can't Identify which mosfet driver part# will fit the pinouts.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
AndyKunz is offline
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
If you tell us what the board goes to, you might find somebody who has one populated and can tell you.

Or you can start looking at datasheets for companies like IR and see what pops up for pinout and footprint.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:34 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Its the 600ws spot welder. I'll post pics of the pcb when i get home. I checked fairchild and national. I forgot about irf.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:20 AM
m0dest is offline
Find More Posts by m0dest
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
DATA SHEETS, DATA SHEETS, DATA SHEETS

If all it gives you is U5 there are a number of choices that will work just fine. Trace what goes/does where/what and find an equivalent TYPE of IC and you should be fine.

ie. I build effects pedals for musicians, I can use any number of IC chips and they will ALL sound very similar. ie. TL072CP, JRC4558, AD712, OPA2134 all do the same thing and work just fine in tubescreamer circuits. An IC just does it's thing, the main thing to do is make sure your pins(shown on datasheet) are doing what your schematic is doing.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:09 AM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
DATA SHEETS, DATA SHEETS, DATA SHEETS

If all it gives you is U5 there are a number of choices that will work just fine. Trace what goes/does where/what and find an equivalent TYPE of IC and you should be fine.

ie. I build effects pedals for musicians, I can use any number of IC chips and they will ALL sound very similar. ie. TL072CP, JRC4558, AD712, OPA2134 all do the same thing and work just fine in tubescreamer circuits. An IC just does it's thing, the main thing to do is make sure your pins(shown on datasheet) are doing what your schematic is doing.

Thats exactly what i am after and what i have been doing. If anyone recognizes the pinouts of the mosfet driver shown in the above schematic. I have been looking at several mos drivers of different manufacturers and can't seem to find a match yet.

Vcc is at p1 and p8, gnd is p4 and p5.
Last edited by gta18; Aug 04, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:04 PM
AndyOne is offline
Find More Posts by AndyOne
Oxford Panic
AndyOne's Avatar
It might help if you told us what package it's in.

A
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Pdip 8
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:56 PM
AndyOne is offline
Find More Posts by AndyOne
Oxford Panic
AndyOne's Avatar
It's probably an EL7104, the pin-out seems right...

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...56427?k=el7104

A.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:59 PM
gta18 is offline
Find More Posts by gta18
Registered User
gta18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
It's probably an EL7104, the pin-out seems right...

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...56427?k=el7104

A.
Thank you vmuch!!! I can work my way from here!Thanks!!!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:46 PM
AndyOne is offline
Find More Posts by AndyOne
Oxford Panic
AndyOne's Avatar
Your welcome.

A.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Inline Motor - Help me identify what this is nippaero Engines 42 Aug 19, 2014 03:41 AM
Discussion Need help to Identify another Mosfet driver chip gta18 DIY Electronics 4 Aug 03, 2012 11:55 AM
Help! Please help me identify this engine davedwards Engines 0 Jun 18, 2012 11:19 PM
Discussion Help me identify this, red frame coax heli MasterXelaMM Coaxial Helicopters 9 Jun 18, 2012 06:24 PM
Discussion Help me identify this glider Anatomist Electric Sailplanes 2 Jun 15, 2012 10:29 AM