Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by KillerCut
Discussion

I love using pan, but how to use tilt on radio?

Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Now that I got a taste of whats possible with moving the camera around I also want tilt, how do you guys control it on your radio? I have a futaba 9cap and can probably use the side thingys, but its not easy to center them (use expo?)

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
LKJ
Find More Posts by LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Now that I got a taste of whats possible with moving the camera around I also want tilt, how do you guys control it on your radio? I have a futaba 9cap and can probably use the side thingys, but its not easy to center them (use expo?)

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???
I use this one.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1651310
When trainer svitch is off i use 2 turning knops on my F9.

Lars.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by whakahere
Kiwi in Germany
I use this but add another button to have pan or tilt on ... or both down to have both.

http://www.rcflighttest.com/home/201...he-left-stick/
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by David22
Suspended Account
Precise control of servo is best

Not a 3 way switch but to be able to move digital sevo slowly or fast at will

QUOTE=KillerCut;22344523]Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???[/QUOTE]