Model Airplane Building Clinic ~ Building A Kit - Page 31 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 12, 2012, 03:28 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcharlebois
Hi Frank,

I just happened upon your thread and have a Steven's Fullhouse on the board at the moment, Fuselage is done, but would like to join in.

I am back in the hobby for a little over a year now, stop flying and building whne life got busy around 28 years ago... and now don't understand why I ever stopped.

So please let me know if I can join in, allthough I have a head start.

Paul Charlebois
Be great to have you Paul! Please join in. See post #2 for details when you start your thread. Be good to see another FullHouse being built. I also plan on getting one in the future as well. Looks like a fantastic plane.

Frank
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcharlebois
Hi Frank,

I just happened upon your thread and have a Steven's Fullhouse on the board at the moment, Fuselage is done, but would like to join in.

I am back in the hobby for a little over a year now, stop flying and building whne life got busy around 28 years ago... and now don't understand why I ever stopped.

So please let me know if I can join in, allthough I have a head start.

Paul Charlebois
Oh good. I'm just finishing the fuselage on mine. At least it looks like a fuselage to me...almost! It will be good to compare notes. Get that thread going!
Oct 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Gentlemen,

We have a new forum dedicated to balsa building. https://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

If you want to have you thread moved here, just click on the report button in post #1 and another window will pop up. Click on the drop down menu and select "Move this Thread" and then click on the next drop down and select "Balsa Builders" under Aircraft General. And then don't forget to say thanks to the friendly mods in the little text box. That's all there is to it.

Frank
Oct 16, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
Eclipse_7's Avatar
Is there any room for a 50% Vic Smeed Courtesan?
Oct 17, 2012, 04:00 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7
Is there any room for a 50% Vic Smeed Courtesan?
You bet! Bring it on!

Frank
Oct 17, 2012, 08:26 AM
I'm a pilot, 100 yrs too late
Thermalin's Avatar
Thanks... this is a great idea..... What are the builder levels and is Kit-Bashing allowed here. In a couple months I'm going to begin bashing a Super Sportster 60 kit into a fantasy scale golden age racer. I hope to take the design elements I like from various planes of the day and incorporate into one design, rearward cockpit, streamlined gear, rounded fuse, etc. Otherwise I'll start it in one of the other areas if this area is for straightforward kit builds.
Oct 17, 2012, 10:26 AM
Registered User
kdahlhaus's Avatar
Thermalin, that sounds like a great project.
Oct 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
wood is good
loNslo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin
Thanks... this is a great idea..... What are the builder levels and is Kit-Bashing allowed here. In a couple months I'm going to begin bashing a Super Sportster 60 kit into a fantasy scale golden age racer. I hope to take the design elements I like from various planes of the day and incorporate into one design, rearward cockpit, streamlined gear, rounded fuse, etc. Otherwise I'll start it in one of the other areas if this area is for straightforward kit builds.
If it's made of balsa you can post your build here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

Doesn't have to be a kit.
Oct 20, 2012, 02:35 AM
Registered User
PoniesatemyBagel's Avatar
I just bought and started an Eagle 2 kit from my LHS for $40. I'm not quite ready to start a thread but I am currently working on it. I don't know what # I should be, but I'll be doing high res images and a time lapse video in 5 minute image intervals. If you want to assign me whatever number is next in line when I create my thread I'll use that. This is my first RC aircraft build and I have to say after laying down the plans and covering them in plastic wrap I am absolutely psyched! I'll probably try to start a thread this next week.
Oct 20, 2012, 04:58 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;23050869
I just bought and started an Eagle 2 kit from my LHS for $40. I'm not quite ready to start a thread but I am currently working on it. I don't know what # I should be, but I'll be doing high res images and a time lapse video in 5 minute image intervals. If you want to assign me whatever number is next in line when I create my thread I'll use that. This is my first RC aircraft build and I have to say after laying down the plans and covering them in plastic wrap I am absolutely psyched! I'll probably try to start a thread this next week.
Welcome aboard PoniesatemyBagel and you are #46. Please see post #2 and let me the link to your thread and I'll update #2. As noted above, we have a new forum for balsa builds so that is a great place for your thread.

Thanks,

Frank
Oct 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
OK I started my build thread. I have half a web site to finish today though, so I don't know how much progress I'll make on it today. It will continue though

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1755354
Oct 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
OK I started my build thread. I have half a web site to finish today though, so I don't know how much progress I'll make on it today. It will continue though

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1755354
Got it. Thanks Jasmine!

Frank
Oct 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
PoniesatemyBagel's Avatar
I started my thread in the balsa builders forum. You can find it here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post23054906
Oct 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoniesatemyBagel
I started my thread in the balsa builders forum. You can find it here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post23054906
Got it. Thanks!

Frank
Oct 21, 2012, 09:28 PM
Registered User
Sorry I am late to the clinic. Work, weather and the "Honey Do list" delayed my start.

It has cooled off finally so I can make it to the garage to begin my build. I went ahead and started my build thread here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1756236


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product The Horten Tailless Flying Wing Ė Letís Build One Together! SoarScale2 Scale Sailplanes 100 Jul 12, 2013 02:50 PM
Discussion Building obsession... Let's "spar..." EscapeFlyer Classic Pattern Flying 54 Apr 19, 2012 10:15 AM
Rant Who is still scratch building? Let's see what you have. (please) boredom.is.me Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 55 Apr 10, 2012 07:55 PM
Let's build a plane - #2 hoppy Foamies (Kits) 37 Oct 14, 2001 07:21 PM