Thread Tools
Oct 03, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
What a shame. I just got finished with my J3 great planes cub build. None of you even came in.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1580658
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 11:35 PM
wood is good
loNslo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
What a shame. I just got finished with my J3 great planes cub build. None of you even came in...
Not so. I was there.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo
Not so. I was there.
Hmmm.
Oct 04, 2012, 01:02 AM
wood is good
loNslo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Hmmm.
Hmmm?

Strange that you can't remember. More than 10% of the posts in your thread were mine.
Oct 04, 2012, 01:13 AM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo
Hmmm?

Strange that you can't remember. More than 10% of the posts in your thread were mine.
No, I remember. Hmmmm, like "Oh Yeah". And my apologies for not realizing that you were in this thread.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Oct 04, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Oct 04, 2012, 04:35 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
epoxyearl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
I've seen this happen before and I am not holding my breath. Sadly, the word gets out and just to sabatoge the new forum, a lot of people vote "no" even though they don't even care about or would even participate in the new forum.

But I guess we can always hope for for the best.

Frank
Frank-a word of encouragement-the "illegal" poll RCtrainerplane ran during the discussion consistently proved that approval was high the entire time..
The "official" poll is proving the same thing,with yes voters..
I have just pointed out there,that once you've said something,it doesn't need to be repeated out of desperation.Unless it's your only objection..
We only need to express the advantages of a new forum,and avoid arguments...People are getting aboard now,who weren't back then..We want to help each other,and they know it.
Your building clinic is an example of that-keep up the good work,and thank you.
Latest blog entry: Shiny Paint
Oct 04, 2012, 01:01 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
Frank-a word of encouragement-the "illegal" poll RCtrainerplane ran during the discussion consistently proved that approval was high the entire time..
The "official" poll is proving the same thing,with yes voters..
I have just pointed out there,that once you've said something,it doesn't need to be repeated out of desperation.Unless it's your only objection..
We only need to express the advantages of a new forum,and avoid arguments...People are getting aboard now,who weren't back then..We want to help each other,and they know it.
Your building clinic is an example of that-keep up the good work,and thank you.
Sorry about that Earl.

I have removed my comment to keep the thread from going off of the topic.

I moved it here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post22912905

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 04, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Oct 04, 2012, 09:18 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
ctrout's Avatar
Some good ideas rolling along. and builds to look forward to.
Hanging out.
trout
Oct 04, 2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
kdahlhaus's Avatar
Frank, started my build over here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1745741
Oct 05, 2012, 12:51 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Got it. Thanks and looking good!

Frank
Oct 05, 2012, 06:18 AM
KJ4YNM
RCPtero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout
Some good ideas rolling along. and builds to look forward to.
Hanging out.
trout
Agreed! I've already incorporated at least one change into my building style that I picked up from one of the other threads. That's using JB Weld for holding my blind nuts in place and using screws to pull them in aligned to the front face rather than pressing and having them be off alignment.

--
Tom
Oct 05, 2012, 06:48 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
Luv3d's Avatar
Great stuff here!
Oct 05, 2012, 11:32 AM
God is my pilot
JimTMich's Avatar
Frank, I got my build thread started for the Swany House Primo 15.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post22920822
Oct 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Murocflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich
Frank, I got my build thread started for the Swany House Primo 15.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post22920822
Got it Jim. Thanks!

Frank
Oct 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPtero
Agreed! I've already incorporated at least one change into my building style that I picked up from one of the other threads. That's using JB Weld for holding my blind nuts in place and using screws to pull them in aligned to the front face rather than pressing and having them be off alignment.

--
Tom
You can also drill the holes in the fire wall just one step under size, put the fire wall on a flat piece of wood and give the blind nuts a whack with a hammer. That way the barbs go straight into the wood. Also don't buy the cheap soft steel blind nuts from the hardware store, buy the good ones from DuBro so the barbs don't fold over on you. I use a bit of epoxy on the inside flange of the blind nuts before I install them. JB Weld does the same thing as the epoxy.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product The Horten Tailless Flying Wing Ė Letís Build One Together! SoarScale2 Scale Sailplanes 100 Jul 12, 2013 01:50 PM
Discussion Building obsession... Let's "spar..." EscapeFlyer Classic Pattern Flying 54 Apr 19, 2012 09:15 AM
Rant Who is still scratch building? Let's see what you have. (please) boredom.is.me Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 55 Apr 10, 2012 06:55 PM
Let's build a plane - #2 hoppy Foamies (Kits) 37 Oct 14, 2001 06:21 PM