Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by dag214, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Scratch Builder
CapMike, that is excellent news. Can't wait to get a hand on it.

Cheers Alexander
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by CapMike
Airplane crasher

A quick draw

So after cleaning up the drawing for 4 hours only to have Corel become stupid and not save my file I was able to get a preliminary 3D model drawn. Keep in mind I have not done the sections yet as I need to get a box within to work with the cross sections. Here is the said box of the fuselage
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by coptercptn
for the tail drive, a flex system will work the best here... very reliable and easy to implement w/600 mechs. Also there are a multitude of scale 4 blade heads out there that will work excellantly.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:38 PM
Airplane crasher
Coptercptn the 55 had a 3 blade head. Ican't attach the 3 view it is too big I am working on the Vert area of the tailboom and upper gearbox housing.
Last edited by CapMike; Jan 04, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
Coptercptn the 55 had a 3 blade head. Ican't attach the 3 view it is too big I am working on the Vert area of the tailboom and upper gearbox housing.
thought this was an H-34??? or are there two builds going on?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
thought this was an H-34??? or are there two builds going on?
We started to think about a S-58 (H-34) but ended up with a S-55 (H-19).

Cheers Alexander
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:27 PM
Airplane crasher
After lofting out the gearbox housing and Vert stab I was not satisfied with the results and am doing them over to try getting a better look. After I get that and the bottom of the boom interface complete I will post a progress picture. In the mean time I have found and am making a deal on a JR Ergo 60 ready to fly machine that will be the mechanics for mine.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB View Post
We started to think about a S-58 (H-34) but ended up with a S-55 (H-19).

Cheers Alexander
I guess i am confused because Damon has built a micro 34....and I thought it was the precurser to the final project... But, no bother, either is not a problem mechanically...
Last edited by coptercptn; Jan 05, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
I guess i am confused because Damen has built a micro 34....and I thought it was the precurser to the final project... But, no bother, either is not a problem mechanically...
Yep.... I am sure after the e-mails you and I shared I got you derailed. I did start down the 34/58 path, but Alexander thought the mechanics would be easier on a 55 instead of the 34/58. The tail rotor sits lower on the 58 than the 55, but I have gotten a ton of e-mails stating a flex shaft would have been fine on a 58 too, but the 55 is a bit more vintage, has wheels, and not many out there. So we landed on a 55.

And thats where we are today

Rock on Buddy, hope you had a great New Years

Damon
Last edited by dag214; Jan 06, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Something else for my Junk drawer.

91" span
4 Wicked ED's
Glass Fuse.
Foam wings
2014-2015.....

I know its small for what I do, but would be a cool size and project....

DAG
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by tmodelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
And that Bell is so way cool.

Question?(to all my buddies here)
Even though I have successfully flown a CP chopper, is the T-Rex 600 to big to really be my first CP chopper.

Thanks, Damon
Dag,

I know you asked this question some time ago, but I did have a lot of up-time to log into RCG.

Now to the question, the TREX 600 NITRO was my first Heli. I flew planes in 1990's when I was in my teens, but hadn't flown for almost 15 years when I got back direct to Heli's. So, no, a Trex 600 isn't much for you. it is perfect.

FYI, I flew with wood blades and 1700 to 1800 RPM in my hovering days, with a flybared head, and flights lasted forever.

GL with you HELI fun!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by mike2663
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t7.../?p=5993652#RR

s 58 (2 min 40 sec)

Mike
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:59 AM
Good vid..but wrong heli.... H-19 is the project
Nice Job on the 34 though....Are you bringing it to Eric's next month???? Love to see it in person!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by mike2663
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
I realize that it's not the same heli. I just posted the link as a FYI.

Mike
Old Aug 19, 2013, 01:23 PM
I hope Dag doesn't mind but I was looking at these old posts, and thought a little update was in order as Dag is really busy in the "Corporate" world...

Dag has and is flying a 600 trex to be implemented in the Sikorsky 55 (H-19) project... Looks like this will be more of a "Winter project" once he has a little free time to work on the drawings/plug etc. Then a simple Mechanic build and testing.... Indeed this will be a multi blade (3) head with gyro system. and should look and fly great....

Just got my 5 yr. project in the air and (I guess) I need something to do???

Jim

and yes that's a Turbine.. @ IRCHA this month...(DJI Demo)