Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by dag214, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 28, 2012, 10:24 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
bdelapen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Another cool thing......

http://youtu.be/8ItTuMtuQAE

Man I would love to have that electric.....

DAG
A little over-powered, don't you think? Specially if, as stated in the video, they never went over 50% throttle. I'm pretty certain that the original did not have that vertical capability

- Birger
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2012, 03:32 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
awmeade's Avatar
I saw this at Cosford show here in the UK this year, quite an impressive machine. Variable pitch prop and a microlight engine!

86% PITTS PYTHON - 20th LMA COSFORD - 2012 (5 min 52 sec)
Aug 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
I just finally caught your "Heli" video.... I knew you would come over to the "Dark side" eventually See ya @ IRCHA next year eh???
Aug 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
zen@lanset.com's Avatar
Hereabouts flight lessons are available for a little under 65.00. Tempting....
Aug 30, 2012, 04:44 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by awmeade
I saw this at Cosford show here in the UK this year, quite an impressive machine. Variable pitch prop and a microlight engine!

http://youtu.be/84mgUCc4qv0
That's got to be 1-1 with the original Pitts S-1.

I have about 80% designed for a 68% S-1.

That is very cool.....

DAG
Aug 30, 2012, 04:45 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn
I just finally caught your "Heli" video.... I knew you would come over to the "Dark side" eventually See ya @ IRCHA next year eh???
I need to find me a small Huey. Just a bit smaller than yours.

I know if I go hardcore I will be into scale choppers. And you should have called me and stopped by.

DAG
Aug 30, 2012, 04:46 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Hereabouts flight lessons are available for a little under 65.00. Tempting....
Full scale?????

DAG
Aug 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
[QUOTE=dag214;22590912]Full scale?????

Probably + aircraft rental...which would make it in the neighborhood (Robinson) of 365.00 an hour.
Sep 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
I need to find me a small Huey. Just a bit smaller than yours.

I know if I go hardcore I will be into scale choppers. And you should have called me and stopped by.

DAG
Any chance this could be your foray into turbines?.

You know you want too

I would subscribe for sure!.

Dave.
Last edited by Superconductor; Sep 04, 2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spalung
Sep 05, 2012, 07:47 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superconductor
Any chance this could be your foray into turbines?.

You know you want too

I would subscribe for sure!.

Dave.
At this point I am 100% electric. I feel I have not even started going "Where no man has gone before" with electrics.

I am so close to building a huge B47 all with EDF's, just gotta get the 36 done.....

Thanks, DAG
Sep 05, 2012, 07:36 PM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
At this point I am 100% electric. I feel I have not even started going "Where no man has gone before" with electrics.

I am so close to building a huge B47 all with EDF's, just gotta get the 36 done.....

Thanks, DAG
To be honest I guess I had allready read of your commitment to electrons . I figure I was just daydreaming out loud .. Imagine The Dagster buildin' JET A1 powered 1:2 Huey .. yeah then I woke up and heard huge Stratojet!!

K .. I can wait for the UH1 !!

Regards.

Dave.
Sep 06, 2012, 05:55 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superconductor
To be honest I guess I had allready read of your commitment to electrons . I figure I was just daydreaming out loud .. Imagine The Dagster buildin' JET A1 powered 1:2 Huey .. yeah then I woke up and heard huge Stratojet!!

K .. I can wait for the UH1 !!

Regards.

Dave.
Who knows, I do love the turbines and have many friends that do that thing, but a electric Huey with a sound system with the props slapping the air would be way cool.

Stay cool,
Damon
Sep 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
coptercptn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
Who knows, I do love the turbines and have many friends that do that thing, but a electric Huey with a sound system with the props slapping the air would be way cool.

Stay cool,
Damon
Don't need the sound system...820's slap the air pretty good and even have that Huey "whop, whop"!! ! and running the electrics through a clutch sounds JUST like the Turbine!! BTW my turbine will be up and running in about a month...

As far as stopping by... I was going to give you a call on the way back but wife was feeling a bit under.. so just needed to get home..
But, I'm heading to a scaler meet in GA. in two weeks...?
Sep 07, 2012, 05:49 PM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn
Don't need the sound system...820's slap the air pretty good and even have that Huey "whop, whop"!! ! and running the electrics through a clutch sounds JUST like the Turbine!! BTW my turbine will be up and running in about a month...
Snip

Yes indeedy .. but wop wop with turbine.

I know it's AH1 but basically the same drive train ..

Worlds largest RC Heli (hobby class turbine; Josef Schmirls Red Bull Cobra 2009) (8 min 0 sec)


Dave.
Sep 10, 2012, 06:50 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn
Don't need the sound system...820's slap the air pretty good and even have that Huey "whop, whop"!! ! and running the electrics through a clutch sounds JUST like the Turbine!! BTW my turbine will be up and running in about a month...

As far as stopping by... I was going to give you a call on the way back but wife was feeling a bit under.. so just needed to get home..
But, I'm heading to a scaler meet in GA. in two weeks...?
Cool.... sorry for the late response. RCG did not tell me I had a post here....

I will have to come up and see your turbine..

DAG

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Is it junk, or do I just have it set wrong? c131frdave Power Systems 9 Jul 15, 2012 06:46 PM
Discussion Motorizing a drawer slide FlyVA CAD/CAM 2 Jul 07, 2012 08:59 PM
For Sale Houston area - Trade my junk (3 DLGs + 1 other glider) for your motor glider junk? Dukester Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 9 Jul 30, 2009 08:23 PM
Discussion well i was going through my drawers NZ_Nitro Fuel Plane Talk 6 Mar 21, 2007 10:48 PM
Fs ::: Cleaning Up My Drawer. Check It Out !! jrotor Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 16 Jan 24, 2004 08:07 PM