Aug 04, 2019, 01:57 PM

Bixler2 Control Throws

I have finished my Bixler2 Arf and am ready to set the Control Throws. The manual has control rates but they seem
too much on aileron, rudder, and elevator compared to my other planes of this style.

Can anyone give me the throws, travel adjustments, rates, etc. that have worked for them. Also include any throws on the flaps if you have them.

Thanks Richard
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2019, 01:30 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnorth
I have finished my Bixler2 Arf and am ready to set the Control Throws. The manual has control rates but they seem
too much on aileron, rudder, and elevator compared to my other planes of this style.

Can anyone give me the throws, travel adjustments, rates, etc. that have worked for them. Also include any throws on the flaps if you have them.

Thanks Richard
Stick with the manual rates and use about 30% expo on ailerons and elevator about 10 to 20% expo on rudder
Flaps may need some elevator mix and it really depends on how you are going to fly it. Also whether you are going to use crow etc and what radio you have.
Are you using a switch for flaps or a variable knob or the motor stick?
I wouldn't use them on the first few flights until you get a feel for it ...
I used a heap of flaps on mine but if you read through I may have over done it as there was no huge benefit.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8609
Aug 13, 2019, 01:34 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Here's a shout out for the Bixler 2.
Best plane to take to the beach!
20 minute slow flights over the ocean in constant breeze is about as relaxing as an RC experience as you can get.
Aug 13, 2019, 07:08 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
20 minute slow flights over the ocean in constant breeze is about as relaxing as an RC experience as you can get.
Absolutely !
Aug 30, 2019, 03:25 PM

Spare parts Bixler 2

I am looking for Bixler 2 spare parts, namely horizontal and vertical stabilizer. HK doesn't have the horizontal stabilizer since a long time ... Do you know if there is some compatibility for the spare parts between the Bixler 2 and some version of the Skysurfer ?
Aug 31, 2019, 04:41 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Have to agree, but I take the B3 now as my B2 has a front mounted motor which can dig into the sand. See my older video of a B3 flight with the Mobius camera on board.

Bix3 Grassy Head (3 min 7 sec)
Oct 14, 2019, 06:16 PM
I finally chased a friend's airplane around the field. I've always been afraid I would collide with someone's airplane.
FPV Bixler Chasing Sport Cub (5 min 5 sec)

Quick Reply