Jun 04, 2018, 06:31 PM

Motor vibration

Very good GLHS592, I wonder if that's the same camera that was used in your post on May 24?

My brief camera test have not been so good; too much vibration but ok during the glide. I have the same stock motor and propeller (balanced) as you(Bixler 2). My motor seems to vibrate even without the propeller so perhaps it's about time that I looked into a replacement.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2018, 07:12 PM
Thanks. The May 24th video is not mine. My previous video (May 19th) is a Runcam Swift through a VTX and my Eachine VRD2 goggles with DVR. The last video is my Mobius Action Cam.

If you are having vibration with a balanced propeller, then perhaps your motor’s propeller shaft isn’t true. A slight bend could cause enough vibration to jello your video.
Jun 05, 2018, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
Thanks. The May 24th video is not mine. My previous video (May 19th) is a Runcam Swift through a VTX and my Eachine VRD2 goggles with DVR. The last video is my Mobius Action Cam.

If you are having vibration with a balanced propeller, then perhaps your motorís propeller shaft isnít true. A slight bend could cause enough vibration to jello your video.
Motor could be out of balance too..
Aug 26, 2018, 04:49 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Some of this afternoons flight from FrankenBix 2. We have hazards on the runway from time to time.

Pat

FrankenBix2 260818 (2 min 26 sec)
Aug 26, 2018, 11:59 AM
Great view of your beautiful coast and bay(?).
Maybe the roo was wanting flying lessons;-)
Danato
Aug 27, 2018, 01:09 AM

Posting a video

The posted flight videos have enthused me to make a video of my own. I can see how to post a video to Youtube but I'm unsure how have the video show up here. I suppose I need to post a link.

Can someone give some guidance?
Aug 27, 2018, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback_flier
The posted flight videos have enthused me to make a video of my own. I can see how to post a video to Youtube but I'm unsure how have the video show up here. I suppose I need to post a link.

Sure. Are you the fella that does geocaching in Barcy ?

Pat
Aug 27, 2018, 02:04 AM
Quote:

After you upload your video to YouTube you need to find the file under My Videos.

From there you'll see three dots on the right side. Click on those and select share.

Then select Copy Link and paste that link into your RC Groups post. Does that sound easy enough ?

I do it all from my smart phone and it only takes a couple of minutes.

Before you upload your video you should edit it with a freeware editor and compress the file which the editor does. My three minute videos are approximately 100mb in size which doesn't take too long to upload to YouTube. You won't want to try and upload files that are GB's in size.

Pat

Aug 27, 2018, 02:05 AM
Quote:

And I'd love to see some footage of the countryside around Barcy. 😊

Pat
Aug 27, 2018, 02:30 AM
Thank you Pat for taking so much trouble with your reply.

Yes I'm the one from Barcaldine.

I've downloaded many videos from YouTube which are all mp4 files so I suppose I'll have to convert my avi file. ffmpeg will do that for me, if need be.
Aug 27, 2018, 02:51 AM

My first Bixler 2 video

Deleted due to problems with the first video upload.
Last edited by Outback_flier; Aug 27, 2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: My video didn't appear
Aug 27, 2018, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Thank you Pat for taking so much trouble with your reply.

Yes I'm the one from Barcaldine.

I've downloaded many videos from YouTube which are all mp4 files so I suppose I'll have to convert my avi file. ffmpeg will do that for me, if need be.
Excellent, I'll look forward to some video footage when you upload some.

Pat
Aug 27, 2018, 07:10 PM
The flying field from above (1 min 47 sec)

A second try. The sound lagged behind the video by quite a long time in my first attempt and again, ignore the date and time.

A couple of questions:

How can I delete the first video from Youtube? I can only see an edit option. I've made the first video private.
How can I delete my previous posting here? Again, I can only see an edit option.
Last edited by Outback_flier; Aug 27, 2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Extra imformation added
Aug 27, 2018, 07:41 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
A couple of questions:

How can I delete the first video from Youtube? I can only see an edit option. I've made the first video private.
How can I delete my previous posting here? Again, I can only see an edit option.
YouTube: see Pic:

Post: after a given time you can't delete a post - just edit it and remove all content bar something like the word "Deleted"...
Aug 27, 2018, 07:44 PM
Nice camper vehicle. Very wide open spaces for flying. Or geocaching. A long hike from Stuart’s Point! Can you use the Bixler with Mobius to find caches? Danato

Quick Reply