Nov 18, 2003, 04:46 PM
Balsa Builder

Spacewalker, who wants one?

Hey guys, as you may recall I was working on a Spacewalker seen here in ... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht=Spacewalker

I've got beta's going out, and although I'm out of the kit business for the rest of my kits, I was thinking I should do a short run of them for those that wanted one. So post here if you are wanting a kit. It will be more or less a short kit comprising of laser parts, plans, and some rudimentary instructions, but not a full blown set. Probably for about $30 plus shipping.

Here's a pic of the proto prior to finishing:

--Paul
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2003, 05:13 PM
Already ordered and paid for mine.

Colin
Nov 18, 2003, 05:38 PM
A Clinger
Send a PM .
Nov 18, 2003, 05:52 PM
Motor Maniac
I will take at least one. Maybe more if my friends want one, too. I am a bit surprised you won't have this kitted by someone. With good looks like this it would probably sell well.

Here's a link to the original thread for this plane:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht=spacewalker
Last edited by 10Thumbs; Nov 18, 2003 at 06:01 PM.
Nov 18, 2003, 10:29 PM
Smooth Air
What!!! It isn't built and covered and supplied with a PJS550 as stock..*gasp* Shame on you Paul.....

Geof.
www.smoothair.ca
Nov 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
I would like one of the "short" kits, or better yet a full one if you change your mind and decide to get this beauty kitted!
Nov 18, 2003, 11:17 PM
Leave me alone!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo007
Already ordered and paid for mine.

Colin
Ditto

Martin
Dec 04, 2003, 09:26 PM
Balsa Builder
Hey guys, I've been playing with it a little bit more, and I'm thinking that you'll want a little more power than an IPS for the Spacewalkers if you're going to fly outdoors.

I'm putting a Tweety Torque BL motor from www.parkflyermotors.com in my latest SW...which should be enough to torque roll this little buggar, even on only 2 cells. I think any EPS 100 or 300, PJS 300, Razor's, IPS-D, etc... should fly it well. There is mounts set up for a EPS type mount, along w/ IPS and IPS-D mounting.

Due to finals, then winter break, I won't have them available until early January. I want to make sure they are correct before released.

--Paul
Dec 05, 2003, 06:06 PM
Baboon McGoon
Hi Paul,
I'd really like one of these. When they become available, please write me at my email address goshert@earthlink.net and I'll send you a PayPal immediately if you tell me what account to send it to.
Bill
Dec 05, 2003, 07:31 PM
php web app engineer
I'd be interested in one!

send me a PM if they are still available
Dec 05, 2003, 09:41 PM
Great looking model!!
Dec 06, 2003, 12:13 AM
Balsa Builder
Don't worry guys, they aren't even available yet. When I do have them ready, I'll be making them up as a preorder only, as I don't want to have any money tied up in inventory anymore. I'm looking at probably about $35 shipped for them.

--Paul
Dec 06, 2003, 07:24 AM
I might be interested. Please keep me on the list.
My email is in my profile.

Thanks
Dec 06, 2003, 10:34 AM
any pics of a completed one with the full fuse?
Dec 06, 2003, 01:10 PM
Balsa Builder
Nah...I accidently broke the plane before I took completed pics...Thats one of the reasons I want to get my 2nd one completed before I go selling any. I want to get some flight photos, for proof that she flys. For now, this one is the closest I have to being completed.

I'd take pics of the first (broken) one, but I'm not really motivated to fix it being that I have another one framed up.

--Paul