Jul 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Do you think this is cool

Well this is my latest project and its well under way. Only the tail to do and the major work is complete.
What I started with was 2 Seagull A6 Texans. Built a centre section and joined with a real long spar rod. It looks massive in the flesh.
Its powered with two OS 120 AXs enough power for sure,wing span is around 2.7 meters.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2012, 07:48 PM
Thread OP

One more photo

Well two then,what we started with and what we have now
Jul 31, 2012, 07:54 PM
Let us know how it flies
Jul 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
That is pretty neat. Do let us know how it does. it looks great in the pics like it is already flying.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:20 PM
Do I think it is cool, YEHHHHHHHH
Jul 31, 2012, 09:22 PM
I doubt they ever made such a thing. And if they did, why in the world would the do so in my opinion. They experimented with the P-82, not with the SNJ or Texan, am I correct?

Or is this a fun plane, not basing it on anything- more so a "What if" than actual fact?

Pete
Jul 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
VERY COOL!!!!!!!! I just love seeing things like this. Most people today have a hard enough time just asembling there ARFs and lord help them if they need a repair. This type of bash is outstanding, love it.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
No its all my idea ,when I saw the original texan I thought how easy but expensive this would be. At the time I had 2 Texans ,the CM one and the Seagull one,but because the wings were one piece on the CM one,I had to get one more.As you can see I like Texans (My father in law has 400 hours up in Texans) Yours Paul T
Last edited by paul timms; Aug 01, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Beard
VERY COOL!!!!!!!! I just love seeing things like this. Most people today have a hard enough time just asembling there ARFs and lord help them if they need a repair. This type of bash is outstanding, love it.
It's different, can't say I like it or not. It's his money and all I can add is I wouldn't have done it, unless it was scale based on a actual aircraft that existed.

My father flew a SNJ as well late 1945 from Jacksonville Airbase.

Pete
Jul 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
Thread OP

The second one

This is the Seagull Texan with the CM Pro texan the origan of the thought train
Jul 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst
It's different, can't say I like it or not. It's his money and all I can add is I wouldn't have done it, unless it was scale based on a actual aircraft that existed.

My father flew a SNJ as well late 1945 from Jacksonville Airbase.

Pete
I like original thinking and other then the full scale Mustang it was never done that I have ever seen. I like the Texan so this one just strikes me as beyond cool.
I have very little respect for ARF pilots but I do love to see ARFs bashed by someone that knows how. I don't think I would do it either but I also haven't built that P-38 I love so much. This is very cool!
Jul 31, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thread OP

what should it be called.

Should we refer to this project as a Twin A6 Texan, A66 Texan or A12 Texan.
I agree with you Gary about ARFs but could you think of getting not one but 2 Midwest A6 Texan kits with all that work to make this project up.?You would not go there,there are more things to build.
This project is just one of thoes thing you do when your old and I'm 65 TODAY.Well in Australia I am, in the USA its the next day
The best part of the project is you can turn up to the flying field fly each one as an individual aircraft as each airframe will contain all that required to fly. There will be 2 battery packs 2 recivers, all you need to bring along is the 2 shorter spars and 2 wings.. If it flys like s&%# then I have a flite of Texans in the shed, I could have my own Texan racing team, how goods that.
Anyway how often do you see somthing that you will love or hate and be asked to make a comment. Yours Paul T
Aug 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
I wonder if you have too much elevator? Would it be better to have a fixed horizontal stab between the fuselages and use the vertical stab and elevators outside of the fuselages for control?
Aug 01, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech05
I wonder if you have too much elevator? Would it be better to have a fixed horizontal stab between the fuselages and use the vertical stab and elevators outside of the fuselages for control?
One good thing about the model is that it has 4 servos on the elevators.so what you are sugesting is so easy.just pull two wires on the pre flight check.Will keep in mind as we get close to the fly day.
Aug 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
I have bashed a few kits in my time but I don't have but one little electric ARF. I don't think I would have gone to that much work for either kits or ARFs but I just enjoy seeing what others will come up with to be original. I like building from plans and being the only person that has any particular plane at the field.
I'm the only builder left where I fly so that isn't hard to do and there is no one I fly with that would ever bash one of there ARFs. What you did is just special, I know I will never see one at any field I go to. I'm 65 and my flying partner is 80, I look and feel 80 and he looks and feels 65. Truth!!

Quick Reply