May 08, 2017, 12:51 AM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
Are you certain you're not talking about the old lemon Rx? I have some of those lemons and yes, they can very easily separate the top and bottom sections if one isn't careful. However, the orange Rx is in a shell casing and I find it unlikely it would be easily to simply pull it apart. Especially twice.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2017, 01:48 AM
Reap the wild wind
Warning, warning. Senior moment. Yep, it is a Lemon. I'll increase my medication and ask that nice gentleman with the long white coat to help me into my jacket with the extra long sleeves and lots of straps
Andy
Jun 18, 2017, 03:02 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
Hi everyone. I recently (accidentally) got some V1 Orange gyros. I have not used these before and can't find a manual anywhere. Does anyone here have a link to a manual for these that they could share?

Also, is there any way to turn off the gyro in flight using AUX? It doesn't look like it, but I have no idea what the AVR and ISP ports are for on this thing.

Btw, I found this video, which is helpful, but he says there's no toggle for the gyro. I was hoping someone could confirm if this is true or not.
HobbyKing Orange RX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer Gyro System - Part 1 of 3 - good for FPV or Jets (13 min 42 sec)
Last edited by Suko; Jun 18, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
Hi everyone. I recently (accidentally) got some V1 Orange gyros. I have not used these before and can't find a manual anywhere. Does anyone here have a link to a manual for these that they could share?

Also, is there any way to turn off the gyro in flight using AUX? It doesn't look like it, but I have no idea what the AVR and ISP ports are for on this thing.

Btw, I found this video, which is helpful, but he says there's no toggle for the gyro. I was hoping someone could confirm if this is true or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64zs0JO4n4U
Sorry I don't have an official manual but if memory serves, the V1 does not have the ability to switch stabilization on and off remotely unless you flash it to OFS. I have attached one setup guide I had downloaded at one time and it does not mention the remote on/off ability that I can find.
Jun 19, 2017, 12:35 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
I have to admit Suko ... I use Orange for my lesser duties and I do not recognise your unit.

For serious stabiliser work - I use the Hobby Eagle ... but where I just need assistance to steady with wind etc. - the Orange unit fits the bill.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
Jun 19, 2017, 01:08 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
I have extensive use with the V2 stabs and the 3-axis gyro/Rx, but this one is new to me. When I bought it, I was told they were the 3-Axis Gyro+Rx, but this is what they were. I've already resolved the issue financially and now I'm just wanting to use these in some of my simpler planes, but I was hoping to know as much as I could before plugging them in. The lack of a gyro kill switch is worrisome to me. After having lost a plane to an out-of-control gyro, I am really leery about not being able to kill the gyro mid-flight.
Jun 20, 2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
I have extensive use with the V2 stabs and the 3-axis gyro/Rx, but this one is new to me. When I bought it, I was told they were the 3-Axis Gyro+Rx, but this is what they were. I've already resolved the issue financially and now I'm just wanting to use these in some of my simpler planes, but I was hoping to know as much as I could before plugging them in. The lack of a gyro kill switch is worrisome to me. After having lost a plane to an out-of-control gyro, I am really leery about not being able to kill the gyro mid-flight.
Understand and agree with your concern. I've got the stuff to flash OFS and would be happy to flash them if you wanted to ship them back and forth (I'm on the east coast). Or if you posted in the OFS thread there may be someone closer to you that would be willing to help do that as well.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:46 AM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
I am very tempted to take you up on your offer. $10 in shipping for much greater usability would be worth it.

Question: Does flashing OFS allow for the toggle feature? Or better yet, gain adjustment via the Knob I have on my DX7?
Jun 20, 2017, 09:38 PM
Quote:
I am very tempted to take you up on your offer. $10 in shipping for much greater usability would be worth it.

Question: Does flashing OFS allow for the toggle feature? Or better yet, gain adjustment via the Knob I have on my DX7?
Yes, flashing to OFS provides a master gain that can either be set up on a toggle switch or a knob. Simplifying things a bit, 100% master gain means the pot gains are in full control, as you reduce the master gain, then you are effectively reducing the pot gains without turning them until at 0% master gain the stabilization is off because the pots are being ignored (as a side note, OFS is also nice because the pots perform linearly vs the rather non-linear performance with OEM code). I'd encourage you to read the OFS documentation linked to in the first post of the OFS thread. I know it can seem a bit overwhelming because of the amount of information in there but start with the "Basic Instructions", "Stabilization Modes" and then take a look at the "Connection/Pinout Tables" for the RX3S V1 device to see what different wing configs will be available once flashed.

PM me to make arrangements if you decide you want to pursue this and send me the devices.
Jun 21, 2017, 10:06 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
I have 3 of these v1 stabs that a club mate gave me and never used them because they could not be turned off in flight. Will have to check out that thread. Might be worth buying the programmers required.
Jun 21, 2017, 01:16 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69
I have 3 of these v1 stabs that a club mate gave me and never used them because they could not be turned off in flight. Will have to check out that thread. Might be worth buying the programmers required.
What programmer? For a v1??
Last edited by 52Sabre; Jun 21, 2017 at 01:29 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 01:53 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
I was referring to the previous posts about flashing to the OFS firmware in order to be able to turn off stabilization in flight.
Jun 21, 2017, 02:11 PM
casual park flyer
Sorry for the intrusion gentlemen. Looks like I've got some reading to do. Previous post deleted.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Jun 21, 2017 at 09:42 PM.
Jul 05, 2017, 03:20 PM
Sweden
I have the v3 version and Dx8. Now i have got the on off to work. I have 2 servos on the aileron and have them plugged in left ail and right ail. But to get it to work i have set one servo wing type. Then i got the aux 1 free and set it up on the flap switch.
Everything seems to work. But can the wing typ i now have be a problem?
Jul 05, 2017, 04:40 PM
The wing type you have is correct. The mixing for the two servos is done in the rcvr.
Have fun with it.

Gord.

Quick Reply