Aug 15, 2012, 04:40 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0
Where are they located??
They were shipped from Fotan, Hong Kong.

Gary
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Where are they located??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javatango
Looks like Fiber Optic Products Inc is a reseller. They are located out of Clearlake Oaks, California.
The order I placed with HK never had any tracking info, so these I received may have came direct from the manufacture? Fiber Optic Products may well be a US dealer?

The address of sender:

Yuheng Wu
14/F, Kerry Warehouse
(Shatin)
36-42 Shan Mei Street
Fotan, Hong Kong

Gary
Aug 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer
The order I placed with HK never had any tracking info, so these I received may have came direct from the manufacture? Fiber Optic Products may well be a US dealer?

The address of sender:

Yuheng Wu
14/F, Kerry Warehouse
(Shatin)
36-42 Shan Mei Street
Fotan, Hong Kong

Gary
I got a email from them. Thet said they were in northern Ca. I ordered a couple and they charged me ca sales tax. Hope that means there being shipped from there.
Aug 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
I got a email from them. Thet said they were in northern Ca. I ordered a couple and they charged me ca sales tax. Hope that means there being shipped from there.
If that's the case then I bet they will. At least you shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks to get them from China!

Gary
Aug 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Just ordered the Parkzone F4F Wildcat PNP.

Planning to use it as a test bed for the ORX stabilizer.

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detai...p?ID=200843822

Should be a good platform. Amazing price.

Kudos to flying-buddy Don (DLT2859 on RCG) for spotting this deal!

Dave

Aug 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
2^p - 1
Has anyone had any luck using dual aileron servos? Help!

I have dual aileron servos, when connected to the flight stabilizer they move in the same direction!! Here's what I've tried so far: reversing the channels in the transmitter, reversing the switch on the stabilizer (just reverses the correction direction), and swapping the aileron output wires (left and right).
Aug 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Life begins at transition
Either just let the gyro work on one aileron, or put a servo reverser between the gyro and one of the ailerons.

(or reflash with custom firmware!)
Aug 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
2^p - 1
I had considered using just one aileron, but would like to try for both.

Where can I find instructions for the custom firmware? (I googled, and found plenty for the FY30, is it the same?)

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by signflyer; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Aug 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
2^p - 1
I just found that using a splitter works, but defeats the purpose of having dual aileron out on the stabilizer. Hmmmm....there has to be a better way...
Aug 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
The other aileron output is a reversed signa. Just use a Y cable from the 1st aileron output and have done with it. You will have to set up neutral mechanically.

chewy
Aug 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hobbyking have these Servo reversers for $1.99. They are in stock and with cheap postage as they are so light (6gm). I just ordered a couple as just about all my planes use dual aileron servos and I often use aileron differential. Just a precaution until a firmware upgrade becomes available
Aug 15, 2012, 09:52 PM
ive tried to hook up the i86ap and the orange 3 axis, have had no luck with either. the orange one lights up & i have throttle, but no control surface movements. every time i power up the i86ap, my control surfaces go to full throws and freeze. servos go to the gyro and male/male leads to the rx right?
Aug 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
2^p - 1
One more question (sorry, I feel like a noob! My first gyro!): with the flight stabilizer plugged in, my rudder initializes way out of trim. Is it normal for some surfaces?
Aug 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34
ive tried to hook up the i86ap and the orange 3 axis, have had no luck with either. the orange one lights up & i have throttle, but no control surface movements. every time i power up the i86ap, my control surfaces go to full throws and freeze. servos go to the gyro and male/male leads to the rx right?
Right!
I have had that happen too. In my case it was always one, or more, of the servo wires (in or out) that was reversed somewhere, or was not plugged into the proper slot.
Check them all very carefully.
Rn
Last edited by A Rdnek; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Aug 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
The other aileron output is a reversed signa. Just use a Y cable from the 1st aileron output and have done with it. You will have to set up neutral mechanically.

chewy
chewy is correct, plus the Stabilizer unit will automatically correct for some adverse aileron yaw with the correct rudder input anyway.
Rn

Quick Reply