Jul 31, 2012, 02:13 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Wher can I get one of this motor? Cant fin it annywere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any one who knews were to fing any like this?
It a Marx 6v motor, but I cant fin it with the same driveunit.

Please any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2012, 02:49 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
I think you can still get the Marx motors, on a mounting base,
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/...ed_motors.html

...but that is the first time I have seen that drive configuration.

It is not at all like the old Schottel they used to make, like the one Gill sold
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=2705496

Umi
Jul 31, 2012, 04:11 AM
Reference was the "Bongo" inboard/outboard drive. 60/70's.

Regards Ian

Mk 1 was fitted with Monoperm. Mk2 monoperm super..
Last edited by Circlip; Jul 31, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Jul 31, 2012, 06:52 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
The Marx motors are pretty rare these days, especially the z-drive configuration as shown. Even just the motors are hard to find---.
Jul 31, 2012, 09:37 AM

Marx Z-Drive

The have not been made in close to 20 years, I may have an upper section still laying around. They are very FRAGILE, that is why no one sees any around. When they say DO NOT RUN AT ALL, out of the water, believe them. The shafts, and bearings, are both PLASTIC!! I damaged one, testing it in the sink. After that, I decided they were to fragile to use. They were a neat little unit though. CaptCB
Jul 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
The motors themselves draw very little current, and have a lot of torque. I have a bunch of them in various sizes stashed away for furure applications.

But I could never understand how Marx could make such good motors, and then hook them up to such crappy drive units---.
Nov 28, 2014, 06:47 PM
I had this unit in orange plastic with a Monoperm motor in the 1960's. It's a clever setup, however, as the previous comment says - it's fragile - the vertical drive shaft has a plastic drive sleeve press fitted and this cracked. Had this unit been beefed up in just a few places, I think it would have become a timeless classic.

Quick Reply