Thread Tools
Sep 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
Registered User
Gymallo Guy's Avatar
New to this forum- Not sure about protocall- I have a UDIRC UFO "quad copter". I have run out of rotor blades (props?) There is orange and black and right and left rotation- Is there an online source for these props??
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
I think you'd be quite surprised by the Ladybird. I now consider it a Hotrod Quad. Much, much more stable and agile than the clones, plus you can do manual flips with it. At the listed price it is an outstanding deal.

Gerard.
Ok, I was debating back and forth whether to get one. Had one in my cart earlier this afternoon, ready to check out and then decided against it as I already have the Blade MQX, UDI U816, and MJX X100. Oh, and a Syma X1 on the way too.

Read your comment and that convinced me to ordered one. I guess I'm addicted to these little quads.
Sep 25, 2012, 08:08 PM
Registered Toaster
flying toaster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh
Ok, I was debating back and forth whether to get one. Had one in my cart earlier this afternoon, ready to check out and then decided against it as I already have the Blade MQX, UDI U816, and MJX X100. Oh, and a Syma X1 on the way too.

Read your comment and that convinced me to ordered one. I guess I'm addicted to these little quads.
if it makes you feel any better I just ordered my 3rd Ladybird lol. I have a feeling it will soon become your favorite.

my 1st one still flies like a champ, it has 1 motor starting to go. I always let the motors cool for a couple minutes in between flights, it doesn't seem like these little brushed motors can take a lot of abuse (and you can't really do maintenance on them)..
Sep 25, 2012, 08:11 PM
Flying mostly micro's
BlueHavoc's Avatar
I love these little quads too, what a blast
Sep 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
Registered User
tushev's Avatar
This is my first quad my first copter and my first flight so "excuse moi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95yW...ayer_embedded#
Sep 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered Toaster
flying toaster's Avatar
I'm pretty sure that link is the cheapest I've seen the RTF version, maybe even for BNF too. another plus is they are in California for those who'd rather not wait for shipments from overseas.

anyone in the market for one of these I'd recommend spending the extra ~$30 in a heartbeat... although you might want to invest in the UP02 tool/adapter too so you can upgrade the firmware. I'd wait and see how it flies first though, you may not need it.

unfortunately, I have a bad feeling Walkera is phasing out the LB v1 for good, leaving only the v2 behind. these sales may indicate vendors getting rid of what's left of their inventory. spare parts are becoming harder to find too (although the motors/booms and frames are the same as the v2, so that's good). it's too bad because not a single multirotor that Walkera has come out with since has been as good as it IMO.

get 'em while you can!
Sep 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
sorry. must have misunderstood. what do they mean on the deviation site by:
The WK series is old protocol and devo is new protocol and they don't work either way but PB make them kiss each other!
Sep 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin
it's too bad because not a single multirotor that Walkera has come out with since has been as good as it IMO.
I have have a HotenX that I find it to be a fantastic, but pricey, quad. At least as good as the Ladybird IMHO.

Gerard.
Sep 25, 2012, 11:52 PM
Grrr :-)
nerys's Avatar
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...t-p-48799.html

$1.20 a set shipped. order 5 or 6 sets.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymallo Guy
New to this forum- Not sure about protocall- I have a UDIRC UFO "quad copter". I have run out of rotor blades (props?) There is orange and black and right and left rotation- Is there an online source for these props??
Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
Registered User
Gymallo Guy's Avatar

Thanks!!


Ordered props from Bangood :-)
Sep 26, 2012, 06:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev
This is my first quad my first copter and my first flight so "excuse moi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95yW...ayer_embedded#
Very nice. No vignetting at all. I've just ordered a D lens #16 myself.
The A is nice too - compared my #18 with a friend's #16 A on holiday and the #16 was sharper, so need one of those too.

Also noticeably: no jello.
Sep 26, 2012, 06:37 AM
Flight cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev
This is my first quad my first copter and my first flight so "excuse moi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95yW...ayer_embedded#
Cool! would you be so nice to share a picture how you mounted the cam to the body if the LB?

(I have tried this but on my cam #16 I only see water-wave (jello))
Sep 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
Grrr :-)
nerys's Avatar
you sure you have a #16? I have found it VERY hard to jello a #16 its really a huge improvement over the "early days" of micro cams.
Sep 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Flight cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys
you sure you have a #16? I have found it VERY hard to jello a #16 its really a huge improvement over the "early days" of micro cams.
That is what I ordered :-)
I made a new canopy (out of a cup) and stuck the camera (velcro) on there...
Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Hi all, anyone know if there props fit all Ladybird clones, like the Mini Pet, for example: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...t-p-48799.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 11:58 AM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 02:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 06:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 02:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 02:28 PM