Aug 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
Did a little review of the MJX X100 if anyone's interested mjx x100 review
Awesome! Thanks for taking time out of your busy life to help us make informed choices!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Addict.
Quote:
Did a little review of the MJX X100 if anyone's interested mjx x100 review
I suppose that getting these toys as samples makes the review worthwhile on your part, but given your job you truly deserve praise as a person. You better the lives of others, likely for much less pay than you deserve, in your daily life. And you still find time to be active on this forum, passing on great information about these toys and also passing on what information you can to the people making these toys that make this hobby affordable for guys like me.
Thank You
Aug 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
RC beginner
do i sense love in the air? and it aint even spring... lol!
Aug 28, 2012, 10:52 PM
Addict.
The Binghamton Aeros have put on a giant scale air show every year since I can remember. Since I can remember my father took me to this show, and I take my son to every show possible. Since my earliest memory I have wanted to fly, and since my earliest rc airshow I have dreamed of being able to fly myself, even if it was rc. Recent innovations have made many of my dreams true

I literally owe, other than my amazing girlfriend and son, a lot of happiness directly to this forum and several members that have influenced me greatly.

Thank you all for your input, I hope freedom rings
Aug 28, 2012, 11:01 PM
...muy bien...
You definetely should try to befind a paraglider pilot
Aug 28, 2012, 11:33 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8
I suppose that getting these toys as samples makes the review worthwhile on your part, but given your job you truly deserve praise as a person. You better the lives of others, likely for much less pay than you deserve, in your daily life. And you still find time to be active on this forum, passing on great information about these toys and also passing on what information you can to the people making these toys that make this hobby affordable for guys like me.
Thank You
I appreciate the great input from you and the others... I can earn quite a few quads worth of money with the time I spend writing one review... but it's my passion and seeing that you guys enjoyed reading it makes it all worthwhile.
I entered this hobby with a lot of help from others... all I wish is to give back to the community the same way they did!
Aug 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
Get Airborne
Gordonzo asked: " Have you tried flying the X100 with the F45 tx?" Yes i have functions perfectly. Hope somebody sell BNF later on.
Aug 29, 2012, 02:14 PM
ICrashRCs
I would love to see 3 outdoor flight reports.
So far it has sounded bad which eliminates the purchase for me.

And thanks to all of you for the time invested in the reviews.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:02 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
I appreciate the great input from you and the others... I can earn quite a few quads worth of money with the time I spend writing one review... but it's my passion and seeing that you guys enjoyed reading it makes it all worthwhile.
I entered this hobby with a lot of help from others... all I wish is to give back to the community the same way they did!
seriously... i appreciate the work youve done too. its definitely your fault i got into this in the first place and wlt has made lots of money off me. a dozen or so models (mostly v911) and couple hundred bucks in parts. thanks (i think ). anyway its been, and still is, a barrel of fun.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account

U816, Walkera LB and MJX X100 blades comparison

I guess this is the place to do this, so here is a comparison of the blades on my U816, my MJX X100 and official Walkera LB blades bought for the U816 because Banggood only had those in stock at the time.

You'll see from the photos that from above the U816 and the LB blades look fairly similar apart from the ends, where the LB blades are a tiny bit squarer, but you'd imagine not enough to make any difference. The MJX blades are obviously larger in every way.

Other differences are the LB blades are the bendiest, the U816 are fairly bendy and the MJX ones are fairly stiff. I actually snapped one today in a crash, so time to order some spares for it now, just in case.

When I put the LB blades on my U816 it suddenly felt a little easier to fly and hovered more easily. I wondered if it was my imagination and swapped them back and it was slightly worse and needed a little more throttle (shown on the LCD) to hover. Now the MJX has arrived and as the blades are larger, I can't put the LB blades on that (well, I could... ), so out came the digital microscope to see the differences.

The U816 blades hubs are taller and sit well down on the prop shaft. Ironically they also fly off the easiest. The LBs are shorter, but a much tighter fit, sit higher on the shaft and are very hard to get off, once on. Similar story with the MJX blades: shorter hubs, hard to get on/off.

Viewed end on, the U816 blades have a flatter profile than the LBs, so that would explain the weaker lift characteristics, and the MJX blades are larger and also have a deeper curve for improved lift. This might translate into harder work for the motors/battery and mean shorter flight times. Haven't tested that yet.

So in conclusion, if you have a U816, you can probably improve its handling by putting either LB blades or MJX blades on it.

I'll probably try the MJX blades on my U816 at some point to see if it feels even better than with the LBs, but for now the MJX gets my time.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:08 PM
Team Drone Art
Thanks for the photos B.
Good job!!!

Can you copy that to your blog. I know I will look for that in the future and not be able to find it. LOL It'll get buried soon.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
RC beginner
yes, thank you. being a propeller head i found this most interesting post in a while. specially the pitch and fit info. im using walkera props (bought dozens) and have some udi on the way because they were much lower cost. im curious about v939 props so planning to get some of them too.

i notice walkera have closed end. i have to pop the s107 motor shafts through. are the others like that too?
Aug 29, 2012, 03:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
yes, thank you. being a prop nut i found this most interesting post in a while. specially the pitch and fit info. im using walkera props (bought dozens) and have some udi on the way because they were much lower cost. im curious about v939 props so planning to get some of them too.

i notice walkera have closed end. i have to pop the s107 motor shafts through. are the others like that too?
Although the LBs have a closed end, they are so tight they don't need to be pushed through (on the U816 anyway) The standard U816s have a hole, but the shaft stops short of poking through it.

The MJX is more like the LB, in fact it has an indent on the top and they still grip like a crocodile. Correction: they do if you push them on properly. I had two that must have been slightly loose and after a crash they came off. After I popped them back on I tried to take them off and they really didn't want to come off. In fact I stopped trying for fear of breaking them.

If you fit the LBs on a U816 you'll see a few mm of prop shaft underneath the prop. You can't do that with the U816s on the MJX, because there is a plastic section around the motor that actually comes up the prop shaft about 1-1.5mm so it would foul if you tried to put U816 props on it, as they sit lower on the shaft. Possibly LBs too - although they are similar hub height, I don't know how high they actually sit - not checked.
Last edited by Brandigan; Aug 31, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks for this info. Great stuff. I've been thinking about trying the minipet motors/shafts on a mqx board. Anyone have a close up shot of how the LEDs connect to the minipet board. It would be interesting to try the 100's if they have more surface area and a steeper pitch.
Aug 29, 2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan
Although the LBs have a closed end, they are so tight they don't need to be pushed through (on the U816 anyway) The standard U816s have a hole, but the shaft stops short of poking through it.

The MJX is more like the LB, in fact it has an indent on the top and they still grip like a crocodile. Correction: they do if you push them on properly. I had two that must have been slightly loose and after a crash they came off. After I popped them back on I tried to take them off and they really didn't want to come off. In fact I stopped trying for fear of breaking them.

If you fit the LBs on a U816 you'll see a few mm of prop shaft underneath the prop. You can't do that on the MJX, because there is a plastic section around the motor that actually comes up the prop shaft about 1-1.5mm so it would foul if you tried to put U816 props on it, as they sit lower on the shaft. Possibly LBs too - although they are similar hub height, I don't know how high they actually sit - not checked.
As a side info ... the sh 6043 from the photos and description, are looking almost identical to the LB

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Quick Reply