Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:53 AM
Find More Posts by TFMeouch
This is all getting too interesting for me. I could not resist the temptation and just purchased the UDI 816. I will compare this with the SH 6043 and figure how differently they fly.

Just wondering why Walkera is selling their Ladybird QR so much more expensive (talking about the one with Devo4). Is there any other advantages other than the compatibility with the Devo series transmitters?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:33 AM
Find More Posts by jameschen072
The flightless bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
This is all getting too interesting for me. I could not resist the temptation and just purchased the UDI 816. I will compare this with the SH 6043 and figure how differently they fly.

Just wondering why Walkera is selling their Ladybird QR so much more expensive (talking about the one with Devo4). Is there any other advantages other than the compatibility with the Devo series transmitters?
Hey TFMeouch,
I think the R&D costs are what makes the Walkera Ladybird V2 a little more expensive than the others...they did spark this whole micro quad movement and therefore they had to design a lot of things that other companies just copied. I think the flight software is quite a bit better than the other quads I've flown..and I like the fact that the flips are not automated...but that's about the only differences the Ladybird has when you compare it with the others.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Fei-Lun FT011 Review
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:03 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Hey TFMeouch,
I think the R&D costs are what makes the Walkera Ladybird V2 a little more expensive than the others...they did spark this whole micro quad movement and therefore they had to design a lot of things that other companies just copied. I think the flight software is quite a bit better than the other quads I've flown..and I like the fact that the flips are not automated...but that's about the only differences the Ladybird has when you compare it with the others.
Isn't one of its advantages the 6-axis gyro too?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:15 AM
Find More Posts by jameschen072
The flightless bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Isn't one of its advantages the 6-axis gyro too?
I believe the V2 has a 3 axis gyro instead (to reduce the price)... I'm not quite sure though
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Fei-Lun FT011 Review
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by WXIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I believe the V2 has a 3 axis gyro instead (to reduce the price)... I'm not quite sure though
Definitely it is, the walkera ladybird V2 is no telemetry, no online ungrade, and is 3 axis gyro....so it has a very lower price than the original ladybird../..
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by jpconard
How do you know if it has a 6 axis or 3 axis? The walkera LB v2 was advertised with a 6 axis gyro. The UDI U816 was also advertised with 6 axis gyro.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
I like the "Benma SH 6043 " , mainly due to the small TX.

Even better it would be to be able to use the NE Solo Pro V2 TX ... but I'm not sure NE micro quad will offer this option.

Has anybody some experience on the 6043 ?

Thanks

e_lm_70
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by jpconard
yes bobpine (user name) did extensive test on SH-6043. Look for my post on page 1 of this thread for the link.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by RaymondM
Multirotor Promotor
subscribed
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
a.k.a. BiggTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
How do you know if it has a 6 axis or 3 axis? The walkera LB v2 was advertised with a 6 axis gyro. The UDI U816 was also advertised with 6 axis gyro.
The U816 like what appears to be the on going approach to many of the clone quads such as the v929 is 6 axis with 3 axis (3D) like ability of pre-programmed flips, if we could fly inverted.....that would be 3 axis. I could be wrong but I don't think walkera went the pansy route and limited the ladybird V2 with automated flips.....hopefully.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by skitchen8
Addict.
Every time someone says 6 axis gyro I die a little inside I am very curious as to what this 6 dimensional world looks like, does anyone have a 6D camera so those of us that live in a three dimensional world can see what it looks like
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by zadaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Every time someone says 6 axis gyro I die a little inside I am very curious as to what this 6 dimensional world looks like, does anyone have a 6D camera so those of us that live in a three dimensional world can see what it looks like
6 axis gyro means 3 gyros plus 3 accelerometers. At least this is what Walkera means.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:48 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Keep it relative to stabilization of movement. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_freedom

Although, for sometime I was quite confused myself. I thought six axis is what you want, when in fact....it's a limitation or crutch.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:39 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
I finally had the opportunity to fly the u816 outside today......
As if I didn't learn my lesson last night haveing spent a good amount of time looking for blades that launch off in a crash....I go outside, sheesh.

Anyhow, response is sluggish at best. It does handle the wind vastly better than the v929, but once this quad angles a small degree, it is very difficult to level it off. The higher you are,the better off, but the catch is, the higher you are all orientation is lost. I doubt even led's will help as it just too small. I'm gonna go back out and catch some FPV shots with this tiny cam I have, but the video is not nearly as good as the 808 I've seen people post....however....I suspect the video will be nearly underwater appearance free. We shall see.

Note to self: Self, be sure to CA glue props to motor shaft.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Did you check to see if it would bind to the v929's TX? I doubt it, but you never know.