Jan 03, 2013, 08:28 AM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Heh Fyre, looks like we're finding the same stuff to review lately (great minds think alike and friends are tuned into the same frequency :P)..mine's on the way as we speak..but I'll let you open a new thread and I'll just update my beetle quad review thread how's that? that way there won't be multiple threads of the same product.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 08:39 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Actually I think having multiple threads is not a bad idea! I plan to focus purely on the video function. The title may have keywords such as "video camera review" because it's gonna have lots of aerial videos, haha! Honestly, I think you'll do a great review too so having your own V959 thread may be useful for the rest to find what they want, e.g. flight characteristics or info on the other attachments? I'm one of those who like individual threads instead of a mega bloated one because it may help people find the info the need. Either way, there would be lots of good information to be shared.

By the way, are the rotor blades glued to the shafts of the newer V929 or V949? I can't seem to pry them off to balance the blades!
Jan 03, 2013, 08:48 AM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
well I'm linking your thread to mine regardless! lol
I bought the various modules (mostly to annoy the gf) but I'll review them as well
we'll see!
Jan 03, 2013, 08:55 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Wow, you got the other modules? I think the hook is going to be really fun. Imagine flying the V959 with a diamond ring to your girlfriend? "Will you marry me?" Of course, watch out for that tree!

Or you can shoot birds with the onboard missile or water cannon. Heh.
Jan 03, 2013, 12:49 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Hey guys,

Can one of you gents tell me what this lil piece is on the hubsan x4 board, and what it does , it's very important , ill explain why after.

You guys will definitely find what I have to say useful.

Cheers

Do let me know ,
Ayo
Jan 03, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya
Hey guys,

Can one of you gents tell me what this lil piece is on the hubsan x4 board, and what it does , it's very important , ill explain why after.

Cheers

Do let me know ,
Ayo
Looks like the tube Crystal for the main MCU (Microcontroller Unit - The heart).
I suppose it's a 16MHz Crystal
Jan 03, 2013, 01:43 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Wow, you got the other modules? I think the hook is going to be really fun. Imagine flying the V959 with a diamond ring to your girlfriend? "Will you marry me?" Of course, watch out for that tree!

Or you can shoot birds with the onboard missile or water cannon. Heh.
yes shooting birds makes more sense. and less trouble in the long run
Jan 03, 2013, 01:46 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

Do let me know ,
Ayo
looks like something that will prevent it from binding to the 4 other tx that you have.
Jan 03, 2013, 01:59 PM
Registered Toaster
when will the v959 be available with the optional water cannon? hehe
Jan 03, 2013, 05:28 PM
Team Drone Art
Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers

Do let me know ,
Ayo
That's a crystal. When it gets damage on the v911, we replace it to get the aircraft to bind again.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:32 PM
Well its here:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...f-p-60936.html

If you want to get into FPV with a complete package. $365.99 from Banggood.

Here is Tom Z's review:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1789629
Jan 03, 2013, 10:14 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
Looks like the tube Crystal for the main MCU (Microcontroller Unit - The heart).
I suppose it's a 16MHz Crystal
Thank you brother, you've been extremely helpful, so has tonytester, dannyoon, cheers guys, its always a pleasure learning from you gents, much thanks and appreciation..
Jan 03, 2013, 10:57 PM
"SKU: SKU057610Sold: 1
Temporary Out Of Stock, will be arrived in 15 days."

guess i need to be quicker next time
Jan 03, 2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
Well its here:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...f-p-60936.html

If you want to get into FPV with a complete package. $365.99 from Banggood.

Here is Tom Z's review:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1789629
I dunno.. I still prefer my modded v929 compared to this hoten x.. It's cheaper has better range and the fpv system can be reused.. I think this hoten x is a bit of a steep price to get into fpv
Jan 04, 2013, 04:22 AM
I got my V959 outdoors and took some videos with camera attached!Really amazing!The original video quality is very high and these videos also look very good in full-screen mode. Will update my video to youtube tomorrow.What a pity is that the video will be compressed by youtube,so it's better to see the
original video.

Quick Reply