The Micro RTF Quadcopters Thread - Page 139 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
I\don't think all the spares of the v997 are interchangeable with the x100.. Unless I am mistaken the frame and booms will not fit the x100. The v997 booms are much larger and the frame has to accommodate the larger booms. I've been told the FCB is identical in both though, and the transmitters are interchangeable as well.

Even though I can fly the v939 with my TH9X I found it to be very disappointing. Not very responsive and very unstable. The 9x compatibility is it's only redeeming quality, but it even falls short there as you have to bind it every time you change the lipo. After hearing that the Vitality H36 was also compatible with the TH9X I decided to order one just the other day. I hear that you must bind after each time you change the lipo as well. However I hope it will be more stable and responsive than the v939. I guess I'll find out once I receive it.

I still haven't found anything that comes close to touching the stability and responsiveness of the Walkera Ladybird V1, other than the Ladybird V2 which comes quite close.

Gerard..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2012, 08:08 AM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
I\don't think all the spares of the v997 are interchangeable with the x100.. Unless I am mistaken the frame and booms will not fit the x100. The v997 booms are much larger and the frame has to accommodate the larger booms. I've been told the FCB is identical in both though, and the transmitters are interchangeable as well.

Even though I can fly the v939 with my TH9X I found it to be very disappointing. Not very responsive and very unstable. The 9x compatibility is it's only redeeming quality, but it even falls short there as you have to bind it every time you change the lipo. After hearing that the Vitality H36 was also compatible with the TH9X I decided to order one just the other day. I hear that you must bind after each time you change the lipo as well. However I hope it will be more stable and responsive than the v939. I guess I'll find out once I receive it.

I still haven't found anything that comes close to touching the stability and responsiveness of the Walkera Ladybird V1, other than the Ladybird V2 which comes quite close.

Gerard..
I hope you are wrong, I ordered a bunch of V997 frames as spare part to mend my two X100.

Can anyone that own both clarify?
Nov 17, 2012, 08:18 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi S,
The V997 Mini Pet and the MJX X100 aluminum arms @4.4mm square, frames, motors, props, and flight controllers are all the same and are interchangeable. Even the Tx's will work with either/both of these micros...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen
I hope you are wrong, I ordered a bunch of V997 frames as spare part to mend my two X100.

Can anyone that own both clarify?
Nov 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo

motor transplant


the rt frnt cw motor crapped out finally on my u816 after a hard crash a week ago. I dug around in my junk parts drawer and found a motor the same diameter but shorter it ran cw so i slid it into the mounting, slid the wires down and soldered them , the prop fit the shaft, I powerd it up and it flies great. I did have motors and props ordered from bg but yestertday after 3 weeks they said they were returned because of a security reason , so I asked them to resend the order.

so in a few more weeks I'll have the right parts. the motor was from my grandsons air hog he bought at a garage sale for 1$. I also scavenged the two little lights but don't want to put them in the circuit till i know they will no fry my board. The person who borrowed my multimeter has not yet returned it I thouht i would have it back the next day. but he went out of town, he lives 70 miles from me so i'm not going to drive out to get. You can't fix sh@#$%^.
without one

tonytester
Nov 17, 2012, 11:43 AM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
the rt frnt cw motor crapped out finally on my u816 after a hard crash a week ago. I dug around in my junk parts drawer and found a motor the same diameter but shorter it ran cw so i slid it into the mounting, slid the wires down and soldered them , the prop fit the shaft, I powerd it up and it flies great. I did have motors and props ordered from bg but yestertday after 3 weeks they said they were returned because of a security reason , so I asked them to resend the order.

so in a few more weeks I'll have the right parts. the motor was from my grandsons air hog he bought at a garage sale for 1$. I also scavenged the two little lights but don't want to put them in the circuit till i know they will no fry my board. The person who borrowed my multimeter has not yet returned it I thouht i would have it back the next day. but he went out of town, he lives 70 miles from me so i'm not going to drive out to get. You can't fix sh@#$%^.
without one

tonytester
The electronics on the flight control boards have a fantastic ability to compensate for faulty motors (or even other types) of motors.

My first LB QR V1 had from the beginning one faulty motor (did not rotate freely because of faulty bearing or axel ).

I realized first when my second LB had more than a minute longer flight time and I measured this motors high current consumption.
Nov 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi S,
The V997 Mini Pet and the MJX X100 aluminum arms @4.4mm square, frames, motors, props, and flight controllers are all the same and are interchangeable. Even the Tx's will work with either/both of these micros...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Thanks jesolins, now I feel secure again. Its hard enough to cope with the long shipping times from Banggood as it is.
Nov 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester
the rt frnt cw motor crapped out finally on my u816 after a hard crash a week ago. I dug around in my junk parts drawer and found a motor the same diameter but shorter it ran cw so i slid it into the mounting, slid the wires down and soldered them , the prop fit the shaft, I powerd it up and it flies great. I did have motors and props ordered from bg but yestertday after 3 weeks they said they were returned because of a security reason , so I asked them to resend the order.

so in a few more weeks I'll have the right parts. the motor was from my grandsons air hog he bought at a garage sale for 1$. I also scavenged the two little lights but don't want to put them in the circuit till i know they will no fry my board. The person who borrowed my multimeter has not yet returned it I thouht i would have it back the next day. but he went out of town, he lives 70 miles from me so i'm not going to drive out to get. You can't fix sh@#$%^.
without one

tonytester

That was very informative. So this means my little syma coaxials (which I'm not using anymore) could be salvaged for quadcopter parts.

That's neat. Motors, LEDs, little wires, and the little landing skids come to mind as being useful.
Nov 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman
That was very informative. So this means my little syma coaxials (which I'm not using anymore) could be salvaged for quadcopter parts.

That's neat. Motors, LEDs, little wires, and the little landing skids come to mind as being useful.
Not to forget the SCREWS !!!! Most missing parts when ordering spareparts. None of the clones's spareparts have screws included
That's why coax helis could help...
Nov 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi S,
The V997 Mini Pet and the MJX X100 aluminum arms @4.4mm square, frames, motors, props, and flight controllers are all the same and are interchangeable. Even the Tx's will work with either/both of these micros...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Thank you for correcting me Jim. I was always under the impression that the booms on the Mini Pet were much larger than the ones on my X100. I can't remember where I got that information from.

Gerard.
Nov 17, 2012, 02:41 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
It's not a problem Gerard. There is a lot to keep track of in the booming mico quad world

Here is my micro quad comparisons for those interested:
Micro quads comparisons 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
Thank you for correcting me Jim. I was always under the impression that the booms on the Mini Pet were much larger than the ones on my X100. I can't remember where I got that information from.

Gerard.
Nov 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
Not to forget the SCREWS !!!! Most missing parts when ordering spareparts. None of the clones's spareparts have screws included
That's why coax helis could help...
I save screws and wires from everything.
Nov 18, 2012, 02:42 AM
Registered User
m8ychris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
I\don't think all the spares of the v997 are interchangeable with the x100.. Unless I am mistaken the frame and booms will not fit the x100. The v997 booms are much larger and the frame has to accommodate the larger booms.
Gerard..

I can ensure it's 1:1 one hundred percent identical.
Different canopy, motor mounts vary in shape, but not in size and radio with different look and feel.
Nov 18, 2012, 03:53 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Thank you for the correction and confirmation, m8ychris.

Gerard.
Nov 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar

Huaxiang Toys 8935


Is this Huaxiang Toys 8935 another new one?

The tx resembles a stripped down Devo 6.

regards . . . g
Nov 19, 2012, 12:09 AM
Registered User
jlcamp7's Avatar
Looks like another one. The motors into look similar to the u816 mounts. However the direct solder motors is a big downside in my opinion.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 12:58 PM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 03:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 07:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 03:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 03:28 PM