Thread Tools
Nov 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
B,
It flies well, not as nimble, but probably a lot more nimble than the QR Infra-X that uses the same motors props and frame and weighs over twice as much as the Ladybird. I suspect the motors on that one won't last as long.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin
won't the additional ~8g battery weight negatively affect performance and life of the motors?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 12:17 AM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin
won't the additional ~8g battery weight negatively affect performance and life of the motors?
It's possible to use heavy LiPo batteries. But I wouldn't recommend it with nanos.

I found less weight gives a more pleasing flight experience. So I switched back to the lightest I have in my hands.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:04 AM
Registered Addict
Stigern's Avatar
Btw, did test my Mini Pet Quad (the yellow from banggood) vs the wltoys 939.

Only the 939 managed to lift a 808 #16 and fly, was very hard to control it tho. Just thought if anyone was interested in a lift comparison between those two.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Btw, did test my Mini Pet Quad (the yellow from banggood) vs the wltoys 939.

Only the 939 managed to lift a 808 #16 and fly, was very hard to control it tho. Just thought if anyone was interested in a lift comparison between those two.
can you weight them?
mini pet has aluminum booms, I think that it's heavier.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:59 AM
Registered Addict
Stigern's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Reaver
can you weight them?
mini pet has aluminum booms, I think that it's heavier.
Sure, I can do that when I get home =)

Yes the mini pet feels much heavier, curious to how much.
Nov 15, 2012, 03:11 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar

Benma Y6








More: http://www.benmahobby.com/productsho...pst=1001001001
Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 AM
Registered User
strange thing... tricopter with 6 motors...
Nov 15, 2012, 03:32 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Looks like it's just a re-branded Walkera Scorpion Y6.

Gerard.
Nov 15, 2012, 05:04 AM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Reaver
can you weight them?
mini pet has aluminum booms, I think that it's heavier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Btw, did test my Mini Pet Quad (the yellow from banggood) vs the wltoys 939.

Only the 939 managed to lift a 808 #16 and fly, was very hard to control it tho. Just thought if anyone was interested in a lift comparison between those two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Sure, I can do that when I get home =)

Yes the mini pet feels much heavier, curious to how much.
The mini pet is heavier but I've actually had better results with it carrying an 808 cam due to the added stability from the accelerometers:

MiniPet with 808 camera installed (3 min 36 sec)


Of course, on both my V939 and Mini Pet I uses my gutted 808 cam (no internal battery)
Nov 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
The mini pet is heavier but I've actually had better results with it carrying an 808 cam due to the added stability from the accelerometers:

http://youtu.be/g3q-Aj2fKss

Of course, on both my V939 and Mini Pet I uses my gutted 808 cam (no internal battery)
So you power 808 using mini pet's battery without having noise and lines?
Question: can you fly it in advanced mode? I tried many times but it's impossible, even little stick movement makes it flipping.

I'm building a mini-pet/v939 hybrid, using pet's booms and motors and 939 board.
I'm still waiting for the board from BG. I noticed only now that I don't have spare screws, I hope to find so little screws somewhere.
I will have to do some soldering job.
And more, I have to swap leds, BG sent me white led for both CW and red/blue for both CCW.

Let's see
Nov 15, 2012, 05:17 AM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Reaver
So you power 808 using mini pet's battery without having noise and lines?
Question: can you fly it in advanced mode? I tried many times but it's impossible, even little stick movement makes it flipping.

I'm building a mini-pet/v939 hybrid, using pet's booms and motors and 939 board.
I'm still waiting for the board from BG. I noticed only now that I don't have spare screws, I hope to find so little screws somewhere.
I will have to do some soldering job.
And more, I have to swap leds, BG sent me white led for both CW and red/blue for both CCW.

Let's see
Yep, I haven't had interference issues yet.........well I'm no expert, can you guys see\hear any in the video?

It's been too windy here to even try, but I wouldn't want to really do advanced as it turns off the accelerometers, which is what allowed me to control it so well in the video above. I just realized that the booms had different LEDs so I've seperated the booms at our store into 4 groups.
Nov 15, 2012, 05:20 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
I just realized that the booms had different LEDs so I've seperated the booms at our store into 4 groups.
good job.
switching and resoldering them is something that I will not be happy to do.
I still have to check you new store. Time to do it
Nov 15, 2012, 05:38 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi MO,
Please do this for my arm order from yesterday too so the LEDs are correct
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Yep, I haven't had interference issues yet.........well I'm no expert, can you guys see\hear any in the video?

It's been too windy here to even try, but I wouldn't want to really do advanced as it turns off the accelerometers, which is what allowed me to control it so well in the video above. I just realized that the booms had different LEDs so I've seperated the booms at our store into 4 groups.
Nov 15, 2012, 06:02 AM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi MO,
Please do this for my arm order from yesterday too so the LEDs are correct
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Hey Jim, when I saw you ordered 4, I went ahead and placed them in one of your spare frames and hooked them up to a test board to verify the LED's and rotation and marked them accordingly. I'm talking to our supplier about getting the rubber grommets that go between the frame and board. Make sure you guys don't lose the ones you have when swapping out a broken frame.

Thanks for the business
Nov 15, 2012, 06:13 AM
Registered Addict
Stigern's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Of course, on both my V939 and Mini Pet I uses my gutted 808 cam (no internal battery)
Ah, yes for indoor flight the mini pet is a delight

I tested with the 808 #16, with casing & battery.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 11:58 AM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 02:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 06:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 02:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 02:28 PM