Oct 05, 2012, 02:22 PM
Flight cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
...Would I burn the FET's?

I want to have a more agile v929 and problably can get it with a v939 board.
according to the info on you see this line https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22912613

This Controller could be used to modify V939, Ladybird, Ladybird V2.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
B,
Yes it is at least for other Walkera Tx's. If it uses their PPM trainer port it should be compatible with all Tx's that have one. I have not found any other info on that though. Anyone have one to test yet? It will work with Android phones. I ordered one and will test with my Futaba 9c. I will probably have to make a cable for it. According to this post i will have to change the channel order or rotate the flight controller. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&postcount=14 I wish all these had Anylink or Magic cube so we can use our familiar and often better and more adjustable Tx's.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred
Kool, is it similar as the walkera magic box? http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...9-p-49590.html
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 05, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Oct 05, 2012, 03:08 PM
I wish there was just one protocol and every company used it. Then we could all use our tx on anything and the world would be a better place.
Oct 05, 2012, 03:33 PM
RC beginner
the world USED to be a better place. remember fm? those were the days.
Oct 05, 2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
the world USED to be a better place. remember fm? those were the days.
Ahh those were the days.
Oct 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen
according to the info on you see this line https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post22912613

This Controller could be used to modify V939, Ladybird, Ladybird V2.
Sorry, but you didn't get it. I want to use a v939 board on a v929 frame and motors.
Your suggestion doesn't have anything to do wich my question.

I wanted to know if the v939 pcb "likes" the 8.5mm motors and if this will be flyable or if this combination would burn the board.

EDIT: It looks like I have to test it on my own.
Last edited by mystman; Oct 05, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Oct 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Addict.
You wouldn't burn the FETs, but you also won't likely notice a difference between your hybrid and your 929. The 939 isn't snappier because of the board it is snappier because of the direct drive and higher head speed. You will eliminate both of these things by putting it on a 929.
Oct 05, 2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8
You wouldn't burn the FETs, but you also won't likely notice a difference between your hybrid and your 929. The 939 isn't snappier because of the board it is snappier because of the direct drive and higher head speed. You will eliminate both of these things by putting it on a 929.
Thanks for that thought. I was thinking the same thing when I read this earlier but didn't want to post since it was just an opinion and didn't want to misgive information. However, I also feel the same way. I have a feeling most of the differences you're experiencing are mechanical rather than board related. It's just the physics/setup of gear driven vs. directly driven. Also the 939 is smaller which makes it lighter and most of the time being lighter = being more nimble. Either way if you try it let us know your findings as I think it's always neat to hear the differences experienced when mixing and matching quad parts.
Oct 05, 2012, 07:57 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
Anyone ever hear of the Heli-Max 1SQ? It can use the Anylink system that claims to make it compatible with any transmitter. I don't know if that would make it compatible with the Flysky TH9X (Turnigy 9x.) It's for sale at Tower Hobbies.
Here's a review I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCx98...ayer_embedded#
It sure looks promising.
Gerard.
Looks very cool! Thanks for sharing! The canopy is nice, very similar to the NE alien...
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Oct 05, 2012 at 08:12 PM.
Oct 05, 2012, 10:34 PM
Addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
Thanks for that thought. I was thinking the same thing when I read this earlier but didn't want to post since it was just an opinion and didn't want to misgive information. However, I also feel the same way. I have a feeling most of the differences you're experiencing are mechanical rather than board related. It's just the physics/setup of gear driven vs. directly driven. Also the 939 is smaller which makes it lighter and most of the time being lighter = being more nimble. Either way if you try it let us know your findings as I think it's always neat to hear the differences experienced when mixing and matching quad parts.
Well for the record mine is just opinion as well as I've never tried it, but I am pretty certain that I/we am/are right

I do agree though I would love to see the results. Dave1993 has done a bit of testing and these FETs seem very resilient so I very much doubt you will harm the board by trying it, so it is likely worth a try. No guarantees though, don't blame me if it lights on fire and burns your house down consequently igniting the whole city in a ripple effect that ends all if humanity within days
Oct 06, 2012, 12:22 AM
...muy bien...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
Anyone ever hear of the Heli-Max 1SQ? It can use the Anylink system that claims to make it compatible with any transmitter. I don't know if that would make it compatible with the Flysky TH9X (Turnigy 9x.) It's for sale at Tower Hobbies.
Here's a review I found on YouTube:

It sure looks promising.
Gerard.
Pure uglyness. Another crap radio or this stupid adapter. Can't the manufacturing industries be taught not to "invent" and stick to common standards:

Question: Is AnyLink compatible with all 2.4GHz receivers?
Answer: AnyLink is compatible with Tactic™ 2.4GHz SLT™ receivers only. Note: Only Tx-R aircraft have a Tactic 2.4GHz SLT receiver installed.
Oct 06, 2012, 12:27 AM
Never mind. Figured it out.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Oct 06, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
Oct 06, 2012, 12:31 AM
...muy bien...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen
Ordered the complete DSM Ladybird http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-quadcopter-arf.html spektrum edition (cheaper then the parts)
downside : they charge a wopping 21 dollar transport fee
Sorry, I did overlook that ARF package.

I did mine buying the complete motorized booms and props (5Euro each), mQX centerplate (2 Euros) and the mQX board (46 Euros) - shipping was 4 Euros - so I think I did get away with a good price and fast shipping. It took me 5 mins to put it together.

Check Moses Modellbau
prices might have changed...
Oct 06, 2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris
Sorry, I did overlook that ARF package.

I did mine buying the complete motorized booms and props (5Euro each), mQX centerplate (2 Euros) and the mQX board (46 Euros) - shipping was 4 Euros - so I think I did get away with a good price and fast shipping. It took me 5 mins to put it together.

Check Moses Modellbau
prices might have changed...
I also missed the arf package until today I ran across it. For the cost it cost me to build my hybrid it would have come out almost identical in price to purchase this with shipping. I really am hoping for good things from this board as I like the smaller board with correct connections and the ability to use the stock canopy all while flying on my nice spectrum tx.

I did send out a few questions to 9imod to hopefully give a little more clarity on some things. However due to the holiday I don't expect response until after the weekend.
Oct 06, 2012, 01:38 AM
Flight cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
Sorry, but you didn't get it. I want to use a v939 board on a v929 frame and motors.
Your suggestion doesn't have anything to do wich my question.

I wanted to know if the v939 pcb "likes" the 8.5mm motors and if this will be flyable or if this combination would burn the board....
I read your question like this:
are the FET strong enough on a 939 to drive the motors of a 929?
my answer:
since board makers advertise that this is possible: it is :

Quick Reply