Aug 18, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
gazza2003au's Avatar
this little wing hauls ass doesnt it does anyone have a top speed with the upgraded motor in one of the other videos?

another good little motor for this wing would be the grayson hobby or welgard 2208-08 2600kv i topped this motor at 95mph on a mini wing and also ran twin motors on a larger wing that hit around the same speed possibly 100mph

evlill, try a APC or EM 4.75x4.75 prop if thats the 3000kv motor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2012, 12:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au View Post
this little wing hauls ass doesnt it does anyone have a top speed with the upgraded motor in one of the other videos?

another good little motor for this wing would be the grayson hobby or welgard 2208-08 2600kv i topped this motor at 95mph on a mini wing and also ran twin motors on a larger wing that hit around the same speed possibly 100mph

evlill, try a APC or EM 4.75x4.75 prop if thats the 3000kv motor
I tried this set up, the highest speed can reach 160km. 2826 2350kv motor, 5050 propeller ,40A ESC, 4s 14.8v 1800 mah 25c lipo battery,

Power is about 450w . This is very cool..
Aug 20, 2012, 02:13 AM
Registered User
gazza2003au's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfanfun View Post
I tried this set up, the highest speed can reach 160km. 2826 2350kv motor, 5050 propeller ,40A ESC, 4s 14.8v 1800 mah 25c lipo battery,

Power is about 450w . This is very cool..
did u have to replace the standard spar with a beefier spar?
Aug 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
boiko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfanfun View Post
I tried this set up, the highest speed can reach 160km. 2826 2350kv motor, 5050 propeller ,40A ESC, 4s 14.8v 1800 mah 25c lipo battery,

Power is about 450w . This is very cool..
Exactly which motor did you use.....?

Thanks,
-mike-
Aug 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Registered User
No, we use the original one, the spar is ok.

in this case, 1) decrease the servo control throw
2) glue the motor cover and canopy very well
Aug 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
Exactly which motor did you use.....?

Thanks,
-mike-
EMP 2826 2350kv brushless motor
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/7dc3e9d5tw1dw45woz39cj.jpg
Aug 20, 2012, 11:42 PM
Registered User
gazza2003au's Avatar
whats the maximum weight motor this little wing can take? i had a ARC motor on a 25inch wing and it reached 260kph before crashing it would be ideal for this wing
Aug 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au View Post
evlill, try a APC or EM 4.75x4.75 prop if thats the 3000kv motor
24g 1500kv on it, had on hand, have 24g 3000kv arriving, should improve greatly wonderful powered alula-ish beauty
Aug 25, 2012, 01:44 AM
Registered User
flyingflipper's Avatar

Suggestions for throws


Just got mine today and it's ready to fly. Anyone have any suggestions for high/low rates on the throws? No mention in the manual and nowhere to be found on the internet.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by flyingflipper; Aug 25, 2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spulling errers
Aug 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User

wonderful wing wing Fantastic


Perfect Setup - cheap, long and power, not extended wot
30 esc - $11
3s 1300 - $8
24g 3000kv - $8
wing wing kit - $34
your owntx/rx

floaty as all, extremely powerful and long runtimes
Last edited by elvill; Aug 29, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Aug 31, 2012, 04:22 AM
Registered User
Looking forward to video
Aug 31, 2012, 10:03 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
boiko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
Perfect Setup - cheap, long and power, not extended wot
30 esc - $11
3s 1300 - $8
24g 3000kv - $8
wing wing kit - $34
your owntx/rx

floaty as all, extremely powerful and long runtimes
Sounds great...exactly which motor and ESC are you running?

Thanks,
-mike-
Sep 04, 2012, 02:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfcf View Post
Looking forward to video
will do very soon, planes flies in huge winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
Sounds great...exactly which motor and ESC are you running?

Thanks,
-mike-
blue wonder aka HK 24g 3000kv with hk 30esc and 5043

actually tried cutting down the 5043 to 4543 but then wot overheat the esc, so went back to 5043

NOT as overpowered as other basic small wings using the blue wonder BUT the Wing Wing lines and looks make it one of the most attractive and easy to track wing's out! glides long and loads of power
Sep 07, 2012, 07:45 AM
Registered User

wifewants iPad, to shoot rc


Easy to track? apparently not with a flip cam?!?! Sorry video bad (drinks after work to blame) more for cheap setup... never went full throttle, prop sounded unbalanced, think the 65-130 lipo is too much for the motor.

unlimited vert and very floaty
HK WingWing cheap setup (1 min 28 sec)

she accidentally stopped the video 1 minute in yet didnt realize it, was a 6 minute flight, I was so pissed but didnt wanna be a buzzkill.
Last edited by elvill; Sep 07, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Sep 07, 2012, 08:07 AM
Registered User
gazza2003au's Avatar
elvill ive hit over 100mph with that motor its a great buy at under $10


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Strengthening nose and wing of um t-28 Trojan djsoccerstar5 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 13 May 19, 2012 10:10 PM
Wanted Parkzone 3-Blade Prop, 9 x 7.5: F4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan Timewarp Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Apr 02, 2012 02:35 AM
Wanted 1/3 scale newport bipe 28 wing jetboyta Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Mar 07, 2012 03:10 PM
Question e-flight outrunner w/ (?x? prop.) on a 28" wing and 3 cells=FAST????? Sammy B Foamies (Kits) 13 Jan 27, 2005 10:34 AM