The specs were in a previous post , so I will recap
Astro 02 BL on a GWS 4.43x1 GB
GWS 10x8
4 hitec hs 50's
gws 6 channel
AUW 17.8
12 amps , 115 watts
Etec 3S2P
She flys with such authority on this setup nice cruising around at 1/2 throttle. full throttle gives near vertical and very impressive manuvers
Another winner from StevensAero.

I know I am not pushing the motor setup to the max , but I have yet to go to the field and finish off a pack , both times I fley for over 20 mins. Next time I fly I will try to see how much time I can get on this setup. One thing I was wondering ,. should my voltage drop down to 9 volts on this setup , bench testing with wattmeter
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2003, 02:57 AM
It's the last plane honey
q:,

Nice covering job. Your 3s's when fully charged will probably register in the 12.4V - 12.6V range. You didn't mention what type of ESC you have, but if it can be programmed for LVC, 9V is a good cutoff for a 3s. I believe the Castle Creation ESC use 9V as a default for 3s but you can program them for other LVC's.

Depending on the type of flying you do, the current draw will drop the battery voltage until it hits LVC. If you're yanking and cranking, you'll hit LVC sooner but will have more remaining capacity compared to a slow steady drain on the battery (more relaxed flying). After LVC, and when the load is removed from a healthy battery, the cells will recover somewhat so that they will typically be above 9V.

Andy
Nov 18, 2003, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
thanks, the esc is the one the came with my 020 , from AF, I think he uses castle creations , but not sure the model. Can it be programed ?
Nov 19, 2003, 06:08 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Not certain if they can be programed... I'd guess you could download the instrux from Castle and try to enter programing mode... or shoot Patrick or Shawn a quick e-mail. Bet they would know.

-Bill
Nov 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
thanks, will check it out, too windy to fly tonight anyway

Quick Reply