Mar 28, 2021, 06:50 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com

My HOR crashbar setup

I used the stock metal crash bar materials for many many years. This was my first mistake. First of all they are very rigid. So in a crash, the bar material will survive but it will crack the chassis (so to cope with this I wasted money on many spare chassis). Secondly since they are thin they wear down very fast (forcing me to buy many spare bars). Lastly, the angle which they are mounted not only wears down fast but they can also catch on the pavement very easily. It's preferable they are bent up so the amount of material dragging on the pavement is maximized; the force is evenly distributed over the bar for least friction.

Here's my setup to basically convert to a modern 4mm nylon crash bar system. It's ugly, but it works and involves no modifications to the HOR body or chassis.

Materials needed:
1) plastic plate, about 1/4" thick
2) 4mm nylon rod
3) Four 4mm push connect x M6 threaded fittings: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tools:
1) M6 drill and tap
2) heat gun, pliers
3) hand saw

Procedure:
1) Cut a large enough plastic plate to span the two body mounting holes on each side. Drill clearance holes to mount the body and then drill and tap two M6 holes on the same plate.
2) Bolt the plates onto the body and then thread the 4mm push connect fittings onto the plates
3) Using a heat gun and bucket of cold water, heat bend the 4mm nylon rod into a U-shape and be sure to curve them upwards to maximize the contact area to the ground.
4) Push the nylon rod firmly into the fittings and test. You'll want to cut them down little by little until you can lean as far as possible without the bottom fairing catching on the pavement.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2021, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
Actually I'm not running the stock gearbox at all..
Thank you for the nice reply to such an apparent dumb question. I bought my Suzuki a couple of years ago and Iíve just started the build yesterday! I can clearly see the difference between what I have and your superb looking chassis.

Iíll stick to stock for now and worry about it later.
Mar 29, 2021, 01:45 PM
So the build begins, itís the Suzuki RGV-r, I will stick to the stock motor for now but I have a few upgrades to be getting on with.
Mar 31, 2021, 04:09 AM

GPM metal gearbox

So while I am building the Suzuki RGV HOR, when I bought the parts back in 2019 the only metal gearbox available was for the Honda NSR. That said I remember at the time looking around and not noticing any difference between them.

Fast forward to yesterday and it seems something is wrong but I canít see what? Perhaps itís just a ďsecondsĒ gearbox manufactured wrong or more likely Iíve done something wrong? Any ideas
Mar 31, 2021, 05:03 AM
Looks like they have printed the writing upside down
Mar 31, 2021, 05:08 AM
Thank you so much, its a relief I've not done anything wrong, shame its upside down, I hope its not going to be visible when tucked away in the fairings otherwise I'll have to flatten it and re-spray it?
Apr 06, 2021, 02:16 AM

Finished

It was a nice build, the instructions where good and the detail is very nice. All thatís left to do is go get some road rash :-)
Apr 28, 2021, 04:07 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
I have been on a recent tear of reposting of club videos. Enjoy.
R/C motorcycles Kyosho vs. Thunder Tiger on oval track - onboard camera footage!! (7 min 37 sec)

Sammy's 1/8th R/C Kyosho motorcycle nitro conversion vers.2 - TWIN EXHAUST!! (2 min 20 sec)

Also, my latest HOR vid. My 10 year old was driving my spare bike with me. He has never driven a motorcycle before and did a great job considering how hard it is.
Pat's Front Brakes Installation & Test for 1/8 Kyosho R/C Motorcycle (3 min 46 sec)
Apr 29, 2021, 11:12 AM
Nice job ian!
Apr 29, 2021, 11:40 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Thanks Sammy.
Yesterday, 08:01 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Cleaned up my old scratched up Rothmans Honda & gave it some fresh paint & decals.
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Yesterday at 08:18 PM.
Today, 10:34 AM
Damn, that's a nice clean example. How did you manage the decals? I've been chopping up the white body over here in an attempt to go into a molding casting process and might even do the same with the rider.

Quick Reply