Sep 03, 2019, 08:26 AM
scale microlights
Excellent you'll love it
To be honest all the ones ive bought have had the standard kyosho esc in them and seems to work well.
My runner seems to have a esc/rx combo but id rather a seperate receiver so i can use my decent radio instead the low end futaba one i got with it but oh well

The t-rex 250 is a nice flyer, i like the micro helis aswell for round the house but the 250 is nice outdoors being abit larger.

I know what you mean about carving a nice turn, the feeling you get when you turn as tight as possible and dont hit the bar just doesnt get old
I like the challenge of helis aswell, when you get the right balance of all the controls in a turn its just addictive

Happy building

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2019, 09:54 AM
I picked up this combo A2 set for it. Many of the asian group run it. and will provide more than enough power. The kit also includes metal gears for the gearbox now...a big improvement. like any kit out there it will benefit the oval washers and bearings, after that some bits are nice, others a waste of money...

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...iant=214163984
Sep 03, 2019, 12:02 PM
Here you go. Fits well and there is plenty of adjustment. This is a TEST piece. Use at your own risk, I can take no responsibility for crashes... If you have the metal lower shock piece you can use that, otherwise you will have to print one and tap it with 3mm. Please let me know if any of you use it. Thanks.
Sep 04, 2019, 09:22 AM
scale microlights
Looks ace
thanks for sharing the files ill try print one out 👍🏼

With that brushless setup do you run lipos?

Thanks, Mark
Sep 04, 2019, 11:49 AM
yes. currently using these...

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-co...lipo-pack.html
Sep 04, 2019, 11:57 AM
If you go to the Fb page RCMCHK, I just posted a bench test with a 3D printed rear sprocket.
Sep 05, 2019, 07:08 AM
I got the main bike today its the Suzuki RGV-r, just waiting on a few more parcels and parts - oh and a 2 week holiday - and I will get it built. Quite excited by it all and pondering on where to run it, although at least I wont have the noise issue I faced with the nitro
Sep 05, 2019, 08:40 AM
Whats nice about the bike is that there are a lot of parts both aftermarket and original. Once the initial bike is setup, fixing things or changing things out for a different preference is doable. Also there are lexan bodies available.

I just ordered the X-Rider Mars body to fit to other bikes, but will also see if it fits the Kyosho.
Sep 06, 2019, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665
I picked up this combo A2 set for it. Many of the asian group run it. and will provide more than enough power. The kit also includes metal gears for the gearbox now...a big improvement. like any kit out there it will benefit the oval washers and bearings, after that some bits are nice, others a waste of money...

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...iant=214163984
Thanks, going to start stock and then once its working look to add more power if I feel I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665
Whats nice about the bike is that there are a lot of parts both aftermarket and original. Once the initial bike is setup, fixing things or changing things out for a different preference is doable. Also there are lexan bodies available.

I just ordered the X-Rider Mars body to fit to other bikes, but will also see if it fits the Kyosho.
This is good to know, I expect the initial set of fairings and rider to have a pretty hard time so nice to know there are options once i've found my feet.
Sep 09, 2019, 02:48 PM
got the Mars body today. It will fit my M8R and the BP8 very nicely. It can also be made to fit the HoR. If the hor is direct steering I think it would work better.

It will not fit the GPV1. It is not wide enough. I only have one body and since there is an option for the Kyosho bike, it will probably go on the M8R.

I will try to mock up some combination photos this week.

I got the red body from Asia tees, it was pretty cheap and arrived quickly. It has pre-made holes, so that would be the only thing to over come, other than cutting to fit.
Sep 10, 2019, 10:31 AM
I would like to see that when you get a chance,

I will be away for a few days but on my return I should hopefully have a couple of upgrades delivered and can start putting the bike together. Based on this thread I ordered the aluminium gearbox, the aluminium oval washers (these come with some aluminium pinions with set screws. I also got oil filled front and rear shocks and a steering axel with bearings all round.

Looking forward to it.
Sep 14, 2019, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know what the extra parts are for that come with the dean tech carbon fiber frame? I have 1 small carbon fiber part 1 screw and 4 carbon parts well I think they are carbon they don't have a weave. I figured out the extra washers were for the gear case and the rubber band is obviously for the battery.
Sep 14, 2019, 09:55 PM
Red can you put up a pic? There's a thread on the kit somewhere here too.
Sep 15, 2019, 09:31 AM
Here is a picture of the parts. The larger holes look like they match up either up by the steering or down by where the swing arm goes.
Sep 15, 2019, 11:12 AM
My first impression is that those are swingarm stiffening pieces for the plastic swingarm. The bottom piece is a wire loom. I designed something very similar for my project.

Quick Reply