Terrific finish on that. Congratz.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2018, 08:40 PM
zen

Kyosho 1/8 MK1 & HOR Bible

Just got done on my chevron body.

Oct 22, 2018, 01:02 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
beautiful job! Does the lexan thickness seem good enough to survive a crash?
Oct 23, 2018, 10:04 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Mine came in quick! The lexan is about 0.7mm thick. There are a lot of parts that make up the fairing so not so sure about its durability. But having experienced buying the F1 Chevron parts, these bodies are going to hang around for a while and then all of a sudden disappear. So I'm not sure if I recommend them (yet) but they might end up being rare so keep that in mind if you are on the fence.

After quick inspection looks like someone really put their time into the design. I love the front cowl aero and the rider aero bits. There is also a clever lexan adapter piece you need to cut out in order to mount the rear tank screws to the servo frame. Lexan bodies being standard in 1/8th scales since the Venom, OTO/ZH, Deantech, and now X-rider - you would think I would be unimpressed by another lexan body, but I was pretty excited upon unboxing. Aside from a nitro conversion and maybe a single sided swingarm conversion, a HOR lexan body is like the holy grail that never has been able to hit production numbers until now.

I'm cutting this one up to fit as a "show body" for now until I can think of a nice paintjob for it. Probably Crutchlow, Zarco, or Miller - we will see!

*update* This is how all the parts interconnect. I'd be curious to see if the front fairing stays together in a crash!
1) Windshield connects to the two side fairings with servo tape and the bolting of the aero bits
2) The two side fairings bolt onto the frame at the stock crash bar mounts. You are supposed to "thread in" each crash bar into each side.
3) The bottom battery cover fairing velcroes onto the side fairings. (nice!)
4) The tank piece front edge tapes onto the steering block. The rear bolts onto the frame using the lexan adapter piece.
5) helmet and rider hump are bolted on
Last edited by grymg; Oct 23, 2018 at 11:49 PM.
Oct 24, 2018, 09:47 PM
zen
Just arrived! Full alloy mk1 :-)

Oct 25, 2018, 09:42 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fit is very good, looks fast
Oct 25, 2018, 11:36 AM
I like all the"options". Looks great Ian.
Oct 26, 2018, 08:29 PM
Cool to see the new bike aero added to the bodywork. I wonder how it will feel when driving it at speed. Post vids!
Nov 10, 2018, 10:23 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
There's several left of the HOR single sided swingarm on sale if anyone's interested:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Meta...8-e54b478b4092
Dec 08, 2018, 07:52 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
There's several left of the HOR single sided swingarm on sale if anyone's interested:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Meta...8-e54b478b4092
Got them in the mail yesterday, pretty good! The downstop seems to be wrong though, the angle of the swingarm should be more level like the dual arm. So danger of chain rub on the battery tray. But looks great.
Dec 11, 2018, 07:29 PM
Looks like I printed this off 10 years ago and I have been carrying it around ever since.

Quick Reply