Thread Tools
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
RcAirplaneNoob is offline
Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
I live on LiPos
RcAirplaneNoob's Avatar
Question

What is the Best Parkzone BNF or PNP Micro airplane for beginner?


I just purchased a dx6i with three recievers I have a FB Stratos and am going to get a micro by the end of summer. I was wondering if anybody had any recomendations on which is the best.
Thanks,
Tyler
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
RCAddict16 is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Suspended Account
I think you may get bored by the ember and night vapor, you would do well with the micro T28 for a first aileron plane. Easy to fly and replacement parts are super cheap.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
B dog is offline
Find More Posts by B dog
Registered User
1- Champ
2- Nightvapor
3- UM T-28
4- soon to be available UM Spitfire with AS3X
5- UMX (2s battery FYI) Beast 3D with AS3x
6- UMX Sbach
Now to the non micros that will need your recievers;
7- Multiplex FunCub
8- Multiplex Gemini
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Far and away, the best beginner micro is the Champ. Everyone should have one of these.

After the Champ, with a DX6i, you have a lot of options. If you only had a RTF or non computer radio, I'd say get the T-28, but a computer radio can make the harder to fly planes as easy to fly as the T-28.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thirston is offline
Find More Posts by Thirston
Registered User
Not sure which is "best" but I can vouch for both the Champ and the Ember 2. They are my first RC planes and are simple to operate. For some reason I'm not worried about them breaking in a crash, but I'm scared to death of grabbing them too roughly. Makes no sense I know, but they just feel so fragile in my hands. Once in the air though they handle magnificently.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
RCAddict16 is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
1- Champ
2- Nightvapor
3- UM T-28
4- soon to be available UM Spitfire with AS3X
5- UMX (2s battery FYI) Beast 3D with AS3x
6- UMX Sbach
Now to the non micros that will need your recievers;
7- Multiplex FunCub
8- Multiplex Gemini
Really? Recommending the UMX Beast and Sbach for a beginner?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
voxel is offline
Find More Posts by voxel
Registered User
Ember 2 is brittle (grass field flyer) and gets tossed with the slightly wind.

I have the Beast 3D, UM P51, and Mig-15 - but can't recommend those to a beginner (I'm also very new to RC also) nor can I recommend the FMS mini warbirds unless you understand build issues. If the UM T28 is anything like the bigger T28 then it go for it.

Buy spare props and gear shafts and nose cones and fly in calm weather for the first few flights - you'll be happy pilot!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Coot83 is offline
Find More Posts by Coot83
You haz hurricane?
Coot83's Avatar
I already had some basic skills from helis, but I started on the UM T28. That plane has lot of longevity in my opinion and you can always dumb down your controls since you have a dx6i so that it is really docile.

Coot
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:10 PM
aircanman is offline
Find More Posts by aircanman
Registered User
I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread, I have just got back into RC flying from a stint about 10 years, ago, and bought a Kyosho Minium Cub, and have just ruined it trying to repair it with the wrong glue!!! The rear wing snapped and I did a very bad repair! Anyways I need to basically replace the whole fuselage and want to get something to fly in the meantime, I can get the Champ in the UK, do you guys recommend this, or shall I buy another Kyosho?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircanman View Post
I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread, I have just got back into RC flying from a stint about 10 years, ago, and bought a Kyosho Minium Cub, and have just ruined it trying to repair it with the wrong glue!!! The rear wing snapped and I did a very bad repair! Anyways I need to basically replace the whole fuselage and want to get something to fly in the meantime, I can get the Champ in the UK, do you guys recommend this, or shall I buy another Kyosho?
I have a lot of the Kyosho airframes (multiple Edge 540's, Christen Eagle's, Cessna's, Citabria's, etc) and like all of them, but the Champ is a better plane.

Its sturdier, flies better in wind and you can fly it with a real TX (not just a toy one), so you won't have 5 different TX's for 5 planes.

Little things, like a Carrying Box that opens is a +, too.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:06 PM
aircanman is offline
Find More Posts by aircanman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I have a lot of the Kyosho airframes (multiple Edge 540's, Christen Eagle's, Cessna's, Citabria's, etc) and like all of them, but the Champ is a better plane.

Its sturdier, flies better in wind and you can fly it with a real TX (not just a toy one), so you won't have 5 different TX's for 5 planes.

Little things, like a Carrying Box that opens is a +, too.
Wish I found this thread before buying !!!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
aircanman is offline
Find More Posts by aircanman
Registered User
Think I am gonna get one of those champs, and repair the Kyosho on the side, I just found it limited on power
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
UNGN is offline
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircanman View Post
Think I am gonna get one of those champs, and repair the Kyosho on the side, I just found it limited on power
The Cub is one of the last 6mm motored Kyosho planes before they switched them all to the 8.4mm motor. I've swapped Mustang Motors and AR6400's into my 8.4mm Motored kyoshos and they are rocket sleds vs. the low amp motors kyosho uses.

The Parkzone J-3 6mm motor also makes noticably more thrust the the Kyosho Aftermarket "Hyper" motor, so that is a worthwile swap, too , if you keep the factory mount (though the parkzone J-3 6mm motor mount is better and stronger than the kyosho mount)

The Parkzone J-3 marked the last 6mm motored plane for them, as well. Proably the best thing for Power would be to swap in a Champ Motor/Mount. A Mustang motor would have more power, but the Kyosho bricks ESC may not like the excessive Amps.

For the Parkzone J-3 an 8.4mm motor/gearbox swap is a "must do" mod.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:05 AM
marhar is online now
Find More Posts by marhar
Mark Harrison
+1 Champ, +1 Night Vapor, especially if you have a place to fly indoors. I just got back from an indoor fun fly... I love that little plane! It was my first one and I'm still flying it after two years.

This was the maiden flight for both the plane and myself:

Night Vapor maiden (0 min 57 sec)
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:45 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Forget the Champ and Ember suggestions as you already have a FB Stratos so i dint know why they are even suggesting you get another trainer go for the UM- T28 best aileron trainer in the UM range and the T28 can be very forgiving on low rates and a whole lot of fun on high everything you need in a plane to progress i guarantee you will absolutely love it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Sold ParkZone micro J3 Cub Airplane BNF $45 jabull Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 05, 2012 03:20 AM
Whoops! What Is the Best Micro-Medium Sized Plane For Beginners sixshooterstang Electric Plane Talk 19 Mar 20, 2012 07:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone Micro P-51 BNF or Micro F4U Corsair BNF FlgRC Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 08, 2012 11:14 AM