Jul 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Suggestion

Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles

It seems at least once a week someone starts a " so and so is a SCAMMER" or "so is so is a THIEF", a CHEAT..a LIAR etc etc. The threads inevitably degenerate into a he said he said commentary and usually ends up in people getting pointed. Doesn't the title of the thread itself immediately break the personal attack rule? I have to presume that the Trader talk thread is monitored to some degree by mods, can they take any independent action absent a report by a fellow member?

More often times than not the allegations are not proven, it's usually an issue of poor communication.

I think everyone wants to be alerted to the fact that we have a less than honest person operating on the boards, but there has to be a better way to go about it, again mostly due to the fact that there are NOT a lot of issues of fraud and theft here.

Is the answer to just merely report the thread?

Thanks for your response.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Just realized I had labeled this as "suggestion" and didn't really make one, so here goes: I suggest no personal attacks/name calling as thread titles.
Jul 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Great question. Users can create a Trader Talk thread without attacking anyone by stating the facts. This would go for posts about vendors as well, when the vendor is a site member. Users should be able to bring up trader issues, or vendor issues, without resorting to personal attacks.
Please report any personal attacks.
Jul 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Thanks, that makes sense.

Quick Reply