Thread Tools
Sep 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Down under under
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m having a hard time deciphering from the manual the correct setup/init procedures to insure that I have covered all the bases setting up the YS-X6 properly. As an example the compass calibration took me a while to figure out so that is why I wrote up a procedure.

Maybe we could post an editable version of the manual somewhere and those who wanted could put in the various procedures for performing certain functions and how to know when it is done properly?

Such as
1) When do I use the Zero Gyro function? How do I know it was successful?
2) Same with the Neutral Position
3) What is the Overload Control for?
4) How do I determine the proper Steering Gear Frequency?

Thanks,
Robert
That's a great idea.
A wiki
The information is now spread across 4 threads, 2000+ post.
I read them all over a week and made some notes applicable to myself.
It really should be maintained by ZeroUAV but I guess that the price we pay, or don't pay, for a lower cost system.
I will see what is available.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
Hi Rob,
I've tried to create an EMI shield by exopying Scotch Electrical Shielding tape to the underside of the plywood (photo below) but I can't think of a way to actual test how well it works.

Thanks,
Robert
That's a tough one to test without the right equipment.
Shielding needs to be grounded to be effective.
Electrically connect it to the ground of the device you are trying to shield.
Although the whole system shares a common ground.

Easy test would be get a small fm radio.
Tune to the weakest station you can.
Put it near the offending device and see if the signal goes scratchy.
Turn the device off, any difference?
Attach the shield, any difference?
Not the most scientific test but it would show some effect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
I’m asking because in my setup the weight of cord of the IMU is causing it to lean at a slight angle I tried supporting it but it is still being effected. So would I be better off just mounting it to the frame without the pad so it would remain in the same plane as the frame?

Thanks,
Robert
I originally used the pad too.
But after sorting out major vibration issues with my frame I could hard mount it.


w2hef and other with RX problems.
This might be your solution
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...us-PWM-Adapter
PWM > SBus adaptor.
I was looking into this option so I can get more data out of the system.
Using SBus allow you to input motor RPM data into the spare PWM in channels.
edit: darn, I can't find where I read this.
Last edited by Mr_westie; Sep 01, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
Registered User

A wiki sounds like great idea


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
That's a great idea.
A wiki
The information is now spread across 4 threads, 2000+ post.
I read them all over a week and made some notes applicable to myself.
It really should be maintained by ZeroUAV but I guess that the price we pay, or don't pay, for a lower cost system.
I will see what is available.


Using SBus allow you to input motor RPM data into the spare PWM in channels.
edit: darn, I can't find where I read this.
You saw it in the manual under the "Power Management module & Speed sensor" section. Thats when I started kicking myself in the rear for not buying a Futabu. I'll have to educate myself about the sbus since I no nothing about it.

I'll try your (great) FM radio idea I think that would at least give me an idea if it is working or not.

Thanks,
Robert
Sep 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
Registered User

Thanks for the heads up


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I'll have to look into this.
Robert
Sep 01, 2012, 10:46 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
batfire's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
I'll have to look into this.
Robert
Hey Robert,

Your really starting to get the hang of it!. For the shields for emi I use copper foil tape you can get on ebay for 7-8 for a 50ft roll say11/2 wide. Also local music shops that sell guitars should have it. All my ships have it to isolate the electronics as much as possible.
Sep 02, 2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
Hi Rob,
I've tried to create an EMI shield by exopying Scotch Electrical Shielding tape to the underside of the plywood (photo below) but I can't think of a way to actual test how well it works.

Thanks,
Robert
Why don't you leave the AP located on the plate and relocate the IMU to sit on top of the AP. We all know that that works well. Will take about 2 minutes to do, and there will be no worries then about any interference. I believe that the underside of the IMU is so well protected against any interference. Comments made by this person was it is the best made system around. Timecop also made similar comments when he stripped each module.
Sep 02, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
There's no one here in Buffalo that knows anything about these quads... just basic RC stores that are amazed when i come in with one.

However, I was able to take my older Futaba PCM1024 T8UAF with channel 58 modules and hook it up. No problem... Instant channel alignment.

now working on vertical and horz and final steps.
That is great news. A least you are now in the starting blocks. It is not nice when you sometimes can't get past go.
Last edited by robone; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Sep 02, 2012, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
My quad is very stable but i paying the price in weight 2.8kg with gimbal and gopro.

The results are i only get about 4min flight time on a nanotech 3s 4000mah bat

I want to build a hex or a octo to be able to lift the weight much more savely and i will swich over to 4s batt
Hi Andre...that flight time is not good. Have a look at the Vulcan Frame.

The Vulcan Octo 900 is 1153g and the Vulcan Hexa 900 is 957g. I can run a few calcs on eCalc for you to see your flight time.

Are you going to be looking at the RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors? Going for 4S will make a big difference.

Rob
Sep 02, 2012, 10:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
My quad is very stable but i paying the price in weight 2.8kg with gimbal and gopro.

The results are i only get about 4min flight time on a nanotech 3s 4000mah bat

I want to build a hex or a octo to be able to lift the weight much more savely and i will swich over to 4s batt
This would give you the lift you need. It's my ZeroUAV rig, which I haven't flown yet do to various small problems like weather. It has two 6S 8000mAh batteries (1250g each) that together weight almost as much as your entire quad. No gimbal yet, but that is in the works.

I hope everyone will wish me good luck. I'm a little nervous as it probably weighs more than twice my next heaviest craft. And 800mm wheelbase seems sooo much bigger than 600mm.

Russ
Sep 02, 2012, 12:35 PM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
OK... i got the horizontal and vertical alignments done this morning...motors just armed... i'm getting close!
Sep 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
Down under under
rampa202,
That's one beast
Maiden over long grass.
Very long grass


w2hef,
Welcome to the party
Sep 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
Thanks Mr_westie... i had my doubts... but it all was do to spektrum... i'm lucky i had that older futaba FM PCM radio....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
rampa202,
That's one beast
Maiden over long grass.
Very long grass


w2hef,
Welcome to the party
Sep 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
The Google Nexus 7 doesn't have any kind of built-in 3 or 4G capability, so no phone plan is needed. You can use it right out of the box, just like a laptop computer.

Russ
Thanks Russ,

I actually got the GCS working on my iphone and ipad! Couple a buggy things going on with it, but I wont blame the software just yet. I will spend more time with this before I know for sure.
Sep 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
in the wind
ZeroUAV YSX6 (3 min 35 sec)
Sep 02, 2012, 05:04 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi Andre...that flight time is not good. Have a look at the Vulcan Frame.

The Vulcan Octo 900 is 1153g and the Vulcan Hexa 900 is 957g. I can run a few calcs on eCalc for you to see your flight time.

Are you going to be looking at the RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors? Going for 4S will make a big difference.

Rob
Rob still using the avroto motors only nice thing about the tmotors is the long wires. I must add i left some power left , after my flight i still has 3,8 volts / cell left.
Sep 02, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User

YS-X6 & DX8 Preset Failsafe setup problem...


Hello all,

Ok here is my set up issue. I am trying to set up a failsafe so if my YS loses contact with my TX it will initiate the Preset Failsafe configuration.

YS manual recommends the "Back Landing" configuration which is Chan 5, pos 3 "auto hove" and Chan 6 pos 3 will initiate the "Back Landing" Flight mode.

In the DX8 manual pg 12, it says for Preset Failsafe you need to
1. Put bind plug into the bind/data port of the receiver, and see blinking light.
2. Remove the plug before binding to the TX.
3. Move transmitters control sticks and switches to desired position then turn it on in "bind mode".
4. It should bind in 15 seconds.

Here is my problem, when I turn on the DX8 in "bind mode" (which to me means holding down the trainer button when flipping the TX power button) with the sticks and switches configured for the "Back Landing" which is what I explained earlier, PLUS throttle at 45-50% (as recommended by ZEROUAV manual) the DX8 gives me the warnings that the throttle is too high, Flaps are down etc and doesn't bind.

Am I missing something here?

Can anyone offer an assist?

I will NOT test this thing until my failsafe is set up correctly.

Thank you!
Lo
Sep 02, 2012, 10:11 PM
ZeroUAV
ise2012's Avatar

it is a cool video


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
hi , my friend .
it is a cool video , i like it . thank you for share to us .
Sep 03, 2012, 12:52 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
My little YS-X6 fatty is 5kg's. Twin 4s 5000mah give me just about 10 mins with 1150's.
Sep 03, 2012, 01:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
LOL ... the YS-X6 and the motors are fighting you to get back
Sep 03, 2012, 07:39 AM
Registered User
hello,
Is anyone else having problems using the pc ground station? I've recently put my YS together. I had no problems connecting using the wifi link. But now i'm trying to do the compass calibration and the channel align.
The manual always referers to the iphone/android ground station and on the pc ground station the steps don't always line up! there are buttons on the phone apps that aren't in the pc setup.
In mag calibration i can get it to make circles but it's totally by luck, the best i got is to doted circles to lign up. I think it's to do with the sequence you do things! Has anyone else suceeded here?
When i do channel align, i can only ever get one channel to align properly. i'm using a 9x with frsky modules.
Anyhelp would be much appreciated, idont have a tablet or smart phone so the pc ground station is my only hope!
Thanks Tristan
Sep 03, 2012, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Ok i did the channel align- It seems it's about speed. Manuall says you got 5 seconds...i reckon it's less. After pushing "Yes" on channel align, i did all the extremes of my sticks very quickerly . And it's now perfectly aligned. I don't want to risk checking my theroy as it's now done!
now mag calibration....
Sep 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
Registered User
ovnilab

Disable throttle alarm first then bind failsafe. Then re-enable alarm.
Sep 03, 2012, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Ok ...smashed the mag calibration. It's amazing what "sleeping on it" can achieve. spent all day yesterday puzzling what i've done today in 20 minuets!

To do the mag calibration on the pc ground station it's like this...
1. click mag calibrate
2. click horizontal align
3. do horizontal rotations(keepin eye on led)
4. click save align
5. WAIT for the numbers to stop....and you get red circle.
6. click vertical align
7. do vertical rotations
8. click save align
9. WAIT for numbers to stop......and you get blue circle...
10. repeat as nessary...

Easy and obvious once you know the right steps, which aren't in the manual!
Hope this helps someone else out..
Sep 03, 2012, 10:04 AM
Registered User
Just took maiden flight.........fantastic with no changes to paremeters. On Auto hover i can lift of on my very tight driveway, and it'll go straigt up and down again in wind with use of just the throttle stick.....and this is on a really outa tune frame, i can see that not all the props are level!

Great stuff thanks zero

Tristan
Sep 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Registered User

Thanks Batfire


Quote:
Originally Posted by batfire View Post
Hey Robert,

Your really starting to get the hang of it!. For the shields for emi I use copper foil tape you can get on ebay for 7-8 for a 50ft roll say11/2 wide. Also local music shops that sell guitars should have it. All my ships have it to isolate the electronics as much as possible.
I'll look into it.
Robert
Sep 03, 2012, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
Ok ...smashed the mag calibration. It's amazing what "sleeping on it" can achieve. spent all day yesterday puzzling what i've done today in 20 minuets!

To do the mag calibration on the pc ground station it's like this...
1. click mag calibrate
2. click horizontal align
3. do horizontal rotations(keepin eye on led)
4. click save align
5. WAIT for the numbers to stop....and you get red circle.
6. click vertical align
7. do vertical rotations
8. click save align
9. WAIT for numbers to stop......and you get blue circle...
10. repeat as nessary...

Easy and obvious once you know the right steps, which aren't in the manual!
Hope this helps someone else out..
I am glad that it worked.

I would have skipped out step 4&5 and gone on straight to do the vertical alignment and then saved and you should have got 2 circles almost on top of each other.

Rob
Sep 03, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Does Steadycam affect to flight rather than just gimbal stabilizing? Can't wait to hear more. Sounds very nice new features, big thanks for hard work again! You are doing awesome work guys.

Kari
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I am glad that it worked.

I would have skipped out step 4&5 and gone on straight to do the vertical alignment and then saved and you should have got 2 circles almost on top of each other.

Rob
Yes i was wondering that, but my two circles were good anyway..
Sep 03, 2012, 06:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
Yes i was wondering that, but my two circles were good anyway..
Does Steadycam affect to flight rather than just gimbal stabilizing? Can't wait to hear more. Sounds very nice new features, big thanks for hard work again! You are doing awesome work guys.

Steadycam has all of the functions of YS-X6 Basic Version, and gimbal stabilizing. As following:
》 Controlled by YS-X6, simple configuration and calibration;
》 Pitch and Roll 2-axis angle can be adjusted by transmitter;
》 Easily controlled by personal handheld Phone/Tablet as ground station;
》 Intelligent course lock(Carefree ) function;
》 Intelligent interest point lock, target lock and follow me;
》 Special damper, maximize decrease or remove "Jelly Effect";
》 Rapid and effective modification algorithm, strong video stabilization;
》 Stable aerial filming & photography system with the highest P/C ratio;

》 Fully open Target Lock & Fly Encircle function.
》 Auto (Takeoff/ Go Home/Landing)
》 Handfeel Control (Phone Attitude Control)
》 Click/Touch & Fly To Point
》 Realtime Flight status (Google Earth Map)
》 Follow Me (Auto-tracking)
》 Auto-Navigation (4Waypoints)
》 Fail/Safe (auto hover--go home--landing)
》 Low Voltage Alert (By Phone Vibration)
》 RTH Switch from Transmitter directly
》 Built-in Gimbal Stabilization
》 Flight Control Mode(GPS Atittude Mode/ Atittude Mode/ Manual Mode)
Sep 03, 2012, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Hey good friends, here is the skype of Zero technical support :support.zerouav
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any technical questions.
Sep 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
ZeroUAV
ise2012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hello all,

Ok here is my set up issue. I am trying to set up a failsafe so if my YS loses contact with my TX it will initiate the Preset Failsafe configuration.

YS manual recommends the "Back Landing" configuration which is Chan 5, pos 3 "auto hove" and Chan 6 pos 3 will initiate the "Back Landing" Flight mode.

In the DX8 manual pg 12, it says for Preset Failsafe you need to
1. Put bind plug into the bind/data port of the receiver, and see blinking light.
2. Remove the plug before binding to the TX.
3. Move transmitters control sticks and switches to desired position then turn it on in "bind mode".
4. It should bind in 15 seconds.

Here is my problem, when I turn on the DX8 in "bind mode" (which to me means holding down the trainer button when flipping the TX power button) with the sticks and switches configured for the "Back Landing" which is what I explained earlier, PLUS throttle at 45-50% (as recommended by ZEROUAV manual) the DX8 gives me the warnings that the throttle is too high, Flaps are down etc and doesn't bind.

Am I missing something here?

Can anyone offer an assist?

I will NOT test this thing until my failsafe is set up correctly.

Thank you!
Lo
hi , my friend.
i am sorry that you have this problem .
let we talk about "RC transmitter signal lose"

frist , you maybe refer to the instruction of RC transmitter to set the
F/S correctly , and set ch5 to position 3 ,ch6 to position 3 , throttle to
the center (thips are in the installation guide).
second , after you set the F/S correctly . cose you RC TX , you can see
the flight mode is "auto landing " in the GCS .

OK , let we come back to your problem .
i am sorry , i have been not used the DX8 transmitter before .
but in my mind , it shoule be can be worked normal .
as your word , when you the DX8 in "bind mode" to set the channel to the
right position .

"the DX8 gives me the warnings that the throttle is too high, Flaps are down etc and doesn't bind.
"

maybe don't care about the warnings , just set the f/s by ys-x6 manual , then colsed your DX8 , which flight mode is show in your GCS ?
Sep 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
Registered User

YS maiden flight a success!


Hello all,

We I'm happy to report my maiden flight was a total success yesterday! It was my 1st time every building a craft, much less flying one that features an advanced flight control system!

I purchased all the components just 2 weeks ago after seeing these things fly on YouTube and KNEW I had to have one!

I purchased the system from gothelirc.com and Vu the dealer was a BIG help from top to bottom and his support has been stellar! If your thinking about getting the YS, I highly recommend these guys. And if you make your choice to buy based on reading my post here, be sure to tell them Ern sent you!

I have researched and studied and have a full understanding of the entire flight control system and its operations. I also am logging LOTS of simulator time with the latest Horizon sim as they include a very accurate Gaui quad copter and the flight dynamics of it are VERY close to reality as I learned yesterday flying for REAL!

Obviously, (just as real world pilots) simulator time during your ground schooling and throughout your flying career is essential. By flying the simulator I knew what to expect once I flew in the field.

Here is a pic of the maiden flight!

Cheers!
Sep 04, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012 View Post
hi , my friend.
i am sorry that you have this problem .
let we talk about "RC transmitter signal lose"

frist , you maybe refer to the instruction of RC transmitter to set the
F/S correctly , and set ch5 to position 3 ,ch6 to position 3 , throttle to
the center (thips are in the installation guide).
second , after you set the F/S correctly . cose you RC TX , you can see
the flight mode is "auto landing " in the GCS .

OK , let we come back to your problem .
i am sorry , i have been not used the DX8 transmitter before .
but in my mind , it shoule be can be worked normal .
as your word , when you the DX8 in "bind mode" to set the channel to the
right position .

"the DX8 gives me the warnings that the throttle is too high, Flaps are down etc and doesn't bind.
"

maybe don't care about the warnings , just set the f/s by ys-x6 manual , then colsed your DX8 , which flight mode is show in your GCS ?
Hi,

Spoke to the DX8 folks and here is how its done. You have to go into settings/warnings and set Flaps and Throttle to Inhibit. Then do the "Preset Failsafe" procedure again. Then after bind, go back ion and set your throt and flap warnings as desired. Done!
Sep 04, 2012, 04:11 PM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnilab View Post
Hi,

Spoke to the DX8 folks and here is how its done. You have to go into settings/warnings and set Flaps and Throttle to Inhibit. Then do the "Preset Failsafe" procedure again. Then after bind, go back ion and set your throt and flap warnings as desired. Done!
My head just exploded... Talk about turning something easy into a complicated task.
Using "cheap" FrSky receivers you have a deticated bind button. Just do the initial bind and then with everything turned on press the receiver bind button to store the current stick positions as failsafe whenever you feel like.
Sep 04, 2012, 05:02 PM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
I hooked up a fm PCM futaba. No problem. Wish I could find a wiki on who has set up the dx8. Step by step.. I may be doing something wrong? Part of my problem was iPhone related. As soon as I got the android and radio channel alignment it was forward moving.
Sep 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
Registered User

My YSWIFI icon dont appear on my iphone desk :(


HI,

I have a problem with my CGS on Iphone. Impossible for me to install the YSWIFI.APP. I have read and apply the instructions of the tutorial.

Openssh, ...winSPC..., put the file in the applications directory on root in 755 mode and reboot ... but impossible for me to find the icon of YSWifi

I am jailbreaked ios 5.1.1 and i dont understand why it doesnt work

Someone to help me please ?

Many thanks
Sep 04, 2012, 05:23 PM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano51 View Post
HI,

I have a problem with my CGS on Iphone. Impossible for me to install the YSWIFI.APP. I have read and apply the instructions of the tutorial.

Openssh, ...winSPC..., put the file in the applications directory on root in 755 mode and reboot ... but impossible for me to find the icon of YSWifi

I am jailbreaked ios 5.1.1 and i dont understand why it doesnt work

Someone to help me please ?

Many thanks
There is a document explains it. When I get home I will send it to you. You have to change some admin rights on the file.
Sep 04, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
My head just exploded... Talk about turning something easy into a complicated task.
Using "cheap" FrSky receivers you have a deticated bind button. Just do the initial bind and then with everything turned on press the receiver bind button to store the current stick positions as failsafe whenever you feel like.
That's not how it's explained in the DX8 Manual. It's done the way I explained it earlier. I have it figured out now so I'm personally good.

Cheers! M8t
Sep 04, 2012, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
There is a document explains it. When I get home I will send it to you. You have to change some admin rights on the file.
Thanks i want to understand ... i have uplaod a bad version of CGS. sorry
Last edited by Nano51; Sep 04, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Sep 05, 2012, 07:20 AM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
There is a document explains it. When I get home I will send it to you. You have to change some admin rights on the file.
Should be iphone/ipad v1.1.... then follow these directions to the tee! (attached)
Sep 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
fly FPV
Hi,
I now have a zero UAV
But where do I get the firmware for Quadro X?
Or the controller recognizes that yourself?
Where can I set if I wanted to fly Quad X / +, hexer or Okto?

Thank you:

Alex
Sep 05, 2012, 03:44 PM
All who wander are not lost
w2hef's Avatar
[QUOTE=FPVer;22650381]Hi,
I now have a zero UAV
But where do I get the firmware for Quadro X?
Or the controller recognizes that yourself?
Where can I set if I wanted to fly Quad X / +, hexer or Okto?

Thank you:

Alex[/QUOTE

You can set that in the GCS. Ground control software.
It's a type 1 I believe!
Sep 05, 2012, 11:28 PM
Registered User

Finally able to bi-pass the router


This is if you have the Data Links and a WIFI link and are using android for phone and GCS. It requires rooting your phone and downloading the source code for android wifi tether (open source). Then you have to change the source code to allow for the SSID and password required by the YS WiFi Link. Recompiling and testing. This is allowing my Galaxy S3 to be a wifi hotspot and connecting the YS Wifi Link and my Nexus 7 to the hotspot. So far the office test works; we’ll see how it does in the field. This also allows for real-time map updates while in the field. When Mr_westie publishes the wiki site I can put the how to up there if anyone is interested.

Robert
Sep 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
Registered User
Frank.T's Avatar

Change the IP on the Wifi link


First be sure that you have connection to the WiFi-link,
easiest to use a router and your PC.

Than type in the browser 192.168.1.254
this wil show you the login screen of the wifi link.

username and password are the same "admin"

Change on the top to English

Go to setup and change the Iocal ip to your desired IP address and press SAVE (for the S3 192.168.43.254 )

Re-power the unit and you can connect via your Samsung or any other device that use the same IP range x.x.43.x

Screen dump from the WiFi link attached

//Frank
Sep 05, 2012, 11:55 PM
Registered User
Frank.T's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmoe View Post
This is if you have the Data Links and a WIFI link and are using android for phone and GCS. It requires rooting your phone and downloading the source code for android wifi tether (open source). Then you have to change the source code to allow for the SSID and password required by the YS WiFi Link. Recompiling and testing. This is allowing my Galaxy S3 to be a wifi hotspot and connecting the YS Wifi Link and my Nexus 7 to the hotspot. So far the office test works; we’ll see how it does in the field. This also allows for real-time map updates while in the field. When Mr_westie publishes the wiki site I can put the how to up there if anyone is interested.

Robert
Strange, on my S3 and TAB2 I can use USB & WiFi Tethering, WiFi hotspot without routing the units.
Sep 06, 2012, 03:32 AM
Down under under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
Strange, on my S3 and TAB2 I can use USB & WiFi Tethering, WiFi hotspot without routing the units.
Most US based phone are feature restricted.
They don't want you using your mobile data on anything but your mobile
Sep 06, 2012, 04:11 AM
Registered User
YS-X6 AUTOPILOT : Essai de vol stationnaire (hover) + LEDs de nuit (4 min 59 sec)

I like this one, looks like a UFO is flying with YS-X6
Sep 06, 2012, 04:40 AM
Registered User
This is great!
Sep 06, 2012, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen X View Post
This is great!
UFO it's mine... my first fly with YS-X6 was by night yesterday
Sep 07, 2012, 08:51 AM
Registered User
Hi,
I am trying to change the gimbal servo frequency from 250 to 50Hz but can't sucess. Every time the parameter are reloaded it always appear to be 250 Hz and the servo does not work (vibration).

However, I can uccessfully change some parameter like aircraft type, so it does not appear to be a link problem.

Is there something to do to enable th gimbal settings ?
Any idea ?
Thanks
Sep 08, 2012, 01:33 AM
RC Aircraft Noob Since 01-2012

Greetings from the Philippines!


Been lurking this forum as I build my first quad:

X650 V4 ARF as configured in Only Flying Machines
YS-X6 Flight Controller
3S 5000mah Batt
1.2Ghz Vid Tx; and Camera

It says in the website Total flying weight should not exceed 1600g; my setup is around 2000g; May I hear from you guys with similar setup what your flying weight is? May I simply place a 4S batt?

Also; many mentioned NOT TO USE the dampers as it actually increases vibration - I read the advice quite late and notice my quad wobble intermitently - could this be the IMU shaking too much?

Do appreciate your sound advice.

Thank you

P.S. How do I check what version the firmware is? and do I need to update it? Already hovered around and all seems well.
Sep 08, 2012, 02:55 AM
Down under under
Wobble, what does the shake vaule say in the GCS?
You will need a GCS for troubleshooting. PC/Android/iOS

Flying weight.
900Kv, 10x4.5"
The frame should be able to take.
Just need to check if your battery can take it.
What C rating is it? 25C?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Drone Electronics 20298 Mar 20, 2017 03:26 AM
Discussion Zero UAV YS-X6 Owners Thread and Discussion fajar Multirotor Drone Electronics 2428 Mar 23, 2016 02:52 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Drone Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion Groupbuy for YS-X6 system fajar Australia 14 May 15, 2012 04:35 AM