New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:16 PM
fish3man is offline
Find More Posts by fish3man
Registered User

ip address


hey robone thanx for the response


i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
saabguyspg is offline
Find More Posts by saabguyspg
saabguyspg's Avatar
Hi Rob, yes I hit send a bunch of times becuase I know it does not always take on the first one....

I will try zeroing all the values.

I know this thing can fly well... I just have to find the problem.

Steve
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:39 AM
KariY is offline
Find More Posts by KariY
Registered User
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:10 AM
robone is offline
Find More Posts by robone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey robone thanx for the response


i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
It is best to use a different Router to the one you use for your home/office network. Routers are cheap and you can get a TP-Link one for about $60

I never messed around with any IP addresses. Just changed the name to YS-X6-xxxxxxxx and changed the password and made sure the encryption method was set as per the manual
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:07 AM
fish3man is offline
Find More Posts by fish3man
Registered User
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
robone is offline
Find More Posts by robone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
I am not familiar with setting up a Cisco system, but below is the encryption set up for my TP-Link TL-WR941ND and my Linksys wrt54GS



If you try and use any other encryption method, it won't work.

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
jeanclaude is offline
Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Registered User
jeanclaude's Avatar
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet

Hexacopter + UAV YS-X6 Test flight with a tablet (3 min 23 sec)
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
robone is offline
Find More Posts by robone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanclaude View Post
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet
That looks good, but definitely not for me. Every time I play games on the tablet I crash, so I will stick to what I know

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
jdreitman is offline
Find More Posts by jdreitman
Registered User
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:15 PM
rotoblade is offline
Find More Posts by rotoblade
Registered User
rotoblade's Avatar
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:47 AM
KariY is offline
Find More Posts by KariY
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoblade View Post
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:09 AM
rotoblade is offline
Find More Posts by rotoblade
Registered User
rotoblade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
I finally got it working.... using CyberDuck

Thanks KariY
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
KariY is offline
Find More Posts by KariY
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
Zero UAV is offline
Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Registered User

New Firmare


Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function
*Yellow light to alert when voltage is low

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:46 AM
robone is offline
Find More Posts by robone
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function
*Yellow light to alert when voltage is low

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
How does the Carefree function get activated?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 20286 Nov 28, 2016 05:40 PM
Discussion Zero UAV YS-X6 Owners Thread and Discussion fajar Multirotor Electronics 2428 Mar 23, 2016 03:52 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 07:50 AM
Discussion Groupbuy for YS-X6 system fajar Australia 14 May 15, 2012 05:35 AM